COVID-19 Vaccine

 

What are your thoughts on the Covid-19 vaccine?

Have you had the vaccine?

Is there a shortage in your area of the country?

1 2 3
<<Page 4

The State of Ohio

Is opening up to 16 years old and above today. Mass walk-in vaccine centers are being opened in SW Ohio. One is capable of doing 5000 shots a week and the other will be doing over 3000 a week. More and more people at my church are showing up on Sunday with the announcement that they are fully vaccinated. Things are starting to turn around in Ohio. Restaurants and bars are allowed to stay open later and even though the numbers were up a little last week, they are starting to come down. They have come down a lot in the county where I live. Things are starting to look up. By the way; I did hear of a pharmacist who had some vaccines left over because of people missing appointments. It was about 8:45 PM and the pharmacy closed at 9. He/she started stopping people and asked them if they wanted the vaccine. This got shots in people’s arms and they didn’t have to throw any of them away. Smart thinking!

--
It is impossible to rightly govern a nation without God and the Bible. ----George Washington

#2

johnnatash4 wrote:
rkf wrote:

awaiting my first shot this Thursday.

have a friend who got the 2nd Pfizer one week ago today.

I checked in with him Friday--he said ZERO side effects.

That's promising. But I believe he's 40, and not sure if that means anything either. His wife being same age had bad effects from 2nd Moderna.

FWIW I had my 2nd Moderna shot this past Friday, I'm 62 with underlying conditions, other than a sore arm at the injection spot, no side effects.

--
. 2 Garmin DriveSmart 61 LMT-S, Nuvi 2689, 2 Nuvi 2460, Zumo 550, Zumo 450, Uniden R3 radar detector with GPS built in, includes RLC info. Uconnect 430N Garmin based, built into my Jeep. .

had

a weird thought, do you think anyone got a 1st dose again, when they were supposed to get a 2nd dose?

Also, why is that card so important? People seem to be posting a lot on social media, and it shows name and DOB.

From what's been described to me, it seems the process is open for human error. Then again, isn't a blood test, but I've never had anything go wrong, like test missing or wrong test results...

Same

The first dose is the same as the second dose. No difference. The card is simply your proof that you have received the vaccination.

--
-Quest, Nuvi 1390T

same ingredients

johnnatash4 wrote:

a weird thought, do you think anyone got a 1st dose again, when they were supposed to get a 2nd dose?

Also, why is that card so important? People seem to be posting a lot on social media, and it shows name and DOB.

From what's been described to me, it seems the process is open for human error. Then again, isn't a blood test, but I've never had anything go wrong, like test missing or wrong test results...

At least for the Moderna shots, both shots are exactly the same.

As for the card, it's basically for your records, and in case you ever needed it to prove you've been vaccinated for some reason.

--
. 2 Garmin DriveSmart 61 LMT-S, Nuvi 2689, 2 Nuvi 2460, Zumo 550, Zumo 450, Uniden R3 radar detector with GPS built in, includes RLC info. Uconnect 430N Garmin based, built into my Jeep. .

And

To be able to go to a ball game, out to eat, attend a wedding, get a job, keep your job. The list is endless.

soberbyker wrote:
johnnatash4 wrote:

a weird thought, do you think anyone got a 1st dose again, when they were supposed to get a 2nd dose?

Also, why is that card so important? People seem to be posting a lot on social media, and it shows name and DOB.

From what's been described to me, it seems the process is open for human error. Then again, isn't a blood test, but I've never had anything go wrong, like test missing or wrong test results...

At least for the Moderna shots, both shots are exactly the same.

As for the card, it's basically for your records, and in case you ever needed it to prove you've been vaccinated for some reason.

--
Nuvi 2460LMT.

SO got 2nd shot...

on Easter Sunday. No side effects at all, not even any tenderness at the injection site.

Fingers crossed that booster shots and card carrying do not become another Government mandated thing.

Will not take unless forced

Will not take unless forced to. It dosn't even act like a vaccine

1. It doesn't prevent you from catching covid or future mutated versions.

2. It doesn't prevent you from speading it and giving it to others. ( google Typhoid Mary)

3. It moddifies your DNA via mRNA.

4. The vaccine has not been tested long enough and there are some very bad side effects seen in the news. ( Blisters/rash/skin peel, anaphylaxis shock, stokes, etc...)

It's your choice

john9871 wrote:

Will not take unless forced to.

It's your choice to be vaccinated or not but the information in your source or your understanding of the presented information is not correct.

2nd Dose And CDC Vaccination Card Suggestions

My wife and I got our second dose of the Pfizer vaccine one week ago. Still a week to go before they say we will have maximum immunity.

As was the case with our first dose, we had no side effects except some soreness around the injection site.

When our CDC vaccination cards were updated to show the second dose, we were advised NOT to get them laminated. Booster shots may be required in the future and the cards may need to be updated.

We were told the CDC recommends taking a picture of your card and keeping it on your smartphone. They also say to laminate a copy of the card, not the original, and to store the original along with other important documents, like a passport, in a secure place.

For security reasons, we were also advised NOT to share photos of the card on social media.

I thought this to be sound advice since it is rumored these cards may need to be presented under certain circumstances in the future.

My wife and I followed these instructions even though we are dubious as to their effectiveness since these cards are easily forged.

You are wrong Craig

All the info John posted is 100% verifiable on any site esp the CDC site and VAERS tracking site.

CraigW wrote:
john9871 wrote:

Will not take unless forced to.

It's your choice to be vaccinated or not but the information in your source or your understanding of the presented information is not correct.

--
Nuvi 2460LMT.

good point

soberbyker wrote:
johnnatash4 wrote:

a weird thought, do you think anyone got a 1st dose again, when they were supposed to get a 2nd dose?

Also, why is that card so important? People seem to be posting a lot on social media, and it shows name and DOB.

From what's been described to me, it seems the process is open for human error. Then again, isn't a blood test, but I've never had anything go wrong, like test missing or wrong test results...

At least for the Moderna shots, both shots are exactly the same.

As for the card, it's basically for your records, and in case you ever needed it to prove you've been vaccinated for some reason.

Pfizer identical too. The way it was described to me I was wondering...people going into rooms to get shots without differentiating first or second. So much relies on the paper...

I think both doses are the same

As far as the CDC identify cards go, in my opinion are useless in indicating you have received both doses of the vaccine as in the case of Pfizer and Moderna doses. These cardboard cards are easily be duplicated, and have NO seal on them as being a official document. I’m sure many of the sites that issue the CDC cards can easily give or sell the immunization cards proving you have been immunized.

Edited
My wife and I both received our second dose yesterday in a CVS pharmacy of the Pfizer vaccination.
We do get our medications from CVS. I found it interesting when I went online this morning and checked into my account it indicated the “PFIZER COVID-19 VACCINE (EUA) SUSPENSION FOR RECONSTITUTION” is what they called it along with the dates March 16 and April 6 for both vaccines along with the RX numbers. On the ID cards it showed it was the Pfizer vaccine along with the batch numbers. I would imagine the state run sites and can be verified by individuals seeking to prove they are fully vaccinated. There will be many questions in the following months and years while responding the horrific conditions we have been faced with.

--
Nuvi 2460LMT 2 Units

not take

Quote:

1. It doesn't prevent you from catching covid or future mutated versions.

2. It doesn't prevent you from speading it and giving it to others. ( google Typhoid Mary)

No vaccine totally prevents you from acquiring the virus you are vaccinating against. But like other vaccines, it primes your immune system to allow it to fight off the virus if you do acquire it. The result is that you support a much smaller viral load, which prevents you from having severe symptoms (in most cases, prevent you from getting *any* symptoms). With the lower viral load, you are also much less likely to spread it.

The two mRMA vaccines have been shown to be reasonably effective on all the current variants, some better than others. In this way, it is similar to the Flu vaccine.

Quote:

3. It moddifies your DNA via mRNA.

DNA exists solely inside the cells. mRNA exists and remains outside the cells. Rather hard for it to modify something it does not have access to.

Quote:

4. The vaccine has not been tested long enough and there are some very bad side effects seen in the news.

True to some extent. But there is a big difference between causation, correlation, and coincidence. The only adverse reaction that has been definitely pegged to the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines is an allergic reaction to the PEG in the carrier.

--
-Quest, Nuvi 1390T

Well said

Well said, ddeerrff.

And since it was suggested to me that I check the CDC site, I did:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/facts.htm....

I'm not trying to be argumentative and I accept that some will not want to receive a Covid vaccination or vaccine for other infections, but incorrect information should not be left unchallenged.

Some of those I could dispute but I won’t

The fact sheets from the Pfizer and Moderna state differently on a couple of those points.

CraigW wrote:

Well said, ddeerrff.

And since it was suggested to me that I check the CDC site, I did:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/facts.htm....

I'm not trying to be argumentative and I accept that some will not want to receive a Covid vaccination or vaccine for other infections, but incorrect information should not be left unchallenged.

--
Nuvi 2460LMT.

vaccine

I dislike and distrust pharmacy companies, and the speed at which the vaccines were developed, and the human dna basis espoused in our local papers, and the government saying all are safe
I distrust media reporting of side effects more, were there systemic problems with vaccines there woul be bell curve of reactions, there is not, therefore the reported cause being vaccine, is crap

I dislike the idea of being sick more more than all the above, so will probably get the astra zeneca shot as soon as I feel better from flu

--
If only ..

similar

muell9k wrote:

~snip~

Edited
My wife and I both received our second dose yesterday in a CVS pharmacy of the Pfizer vaccination.
We do get our medications from CVS. I found it interesting when I went online this morning and checked into my account it indicated the “PFIZER COVID-19 VACCINE (EUA) SUSPENSION FOR RECONSTITUTION” is what they called it along with the dates March 16 and April 6 for both vaccines along with the RX numbers. On the ID cards it showed it was the Pfizer vaccine along with the batch numbers. I would imagine the state run sites and can be verified by individuals seeking to prove they are fully vaccinated. There will be many questions in the following months and years while responding the horrific conditions we have been faced with.

I get all of my meds from CVS, however, I was able to get a slot at a Rite Aid for my shots. This Friday will be six weeks from the first shot so they claim I'll be "fully" vaccinated at that point.

Anyway, I went onto my CVS account page to order some recurring meds and the Rite Aid shots I received were listed, and dates were included as well.

--
. 2 Garmin DriveSmart 61 LMT-S, Nuvi 2689, 2 Nuvi 2460, Zumo 550, Zumo 450, Uniden R3 radar detector with GPS built in, includes RLC info. Uconnect 430N Garmin based, built into my Jeep. .

Interesting read on

--
. 2 Garmin DriveSmart 61 LMT-S, Nuvi 2689, 2 Nuvi 2460, Zumo 550, Zumo 450, Uniden R3 radar detector with GPS built in, includes RLC info. Uconnect 430N Garmin based, built into my Jeep. .

Over 65 can be a good thing

GlobeTurtle wrote:

My mom got the Pfizer both shots last month. She was fine. A little drowsy after the first, but that was it.

I got my first shot of Moderna last Weds. Sore arm and sudden massive fatigue 2 hours after. Slept for 3 hours and then some waves of nausea. Similar on day 2. Woke up feeling fine and ready to go, got some things done, then another crash and several hour nap. Mild lethargy on day 3. And that was it. So fairly mild and felt similar to when I've experienced flu symptoms before. Seems similar to others in my age group who've received Moderna.

Not looking forward to the 2nd dose as most of my friends have reported much more unpleasant side effects from Moderna, but they only last a day or two. Several friends who had covid-19 report that it's still better than getting covid-19, and I believe them.
I was surprised though, I would think that if they had covid-19 they would have some antibodies built up so the vaccine wouldn't bother them as much. I'm not a medical professional or scientists, so there could be very valid reasons for this. On the other hand, my friends in the medical field report this virus breaks a lot of the "rules" anyway so there's that.
Regardless, I feel fortunate to have received a vaccine and am looking forward to spending time with other family and friends who are vaccinated.

~Angela

My husband and I only had sore arms. Being over 65 can be a good thing sometimes.

--
Mary, Nuvi 2450, Garmin Viago, Honda Navigation, Nuvi 750 (gave to son)

More vaccine side effects if you have had it

mgarledge wrote:

I was surprised though, I would think that if they had covid-19 they would have some antibodies built up so the vaccine wouldn't bother them as much.

https://www.gavi.org/vaccineswork/why-vaccine-side-effects-m...

--
-Quest, Nuvi 1390T

joint pain

ive had the two maderna shots and about a week after my second shot i had a lot of joint pain, it has started to go away except for my neck and one knee, prior to the shots yuears ago i was told i have degenitive bone disease and my neck and knees hurt then but the pain went away. and now it hurts pretty bad and yes i have a doctors appointment for it. im also 79 so i believe its the vacine age and body condition that cause it so i guess its not clear sailing for some people

My opinion. For whats its worth

There have been a lot of arguments that Covid is very minor to it having a death grip on others. The same with the vaccines where anywhere from no reactions to severe and even death. My opinion is that how covid and a vaccine hits a person is all based on their individual chemistry make up of their body combined with whatever that person has as underlying issues. I just wish everyone would just realize this and let people make their own health decisions as to whether they want the vaccine or not. I for one am so sick of the constant push from pharma, politicians, companies, individuals, etc. This is dividing the country at a time when we should be coming together.

geo334 wrote:

ive had the two maderna shots and about a week after my second shot i had a lot of joint pain, it has started to go away except for my neck and one knee, prior to the shots yuears ago i was told i have degenitive bone disease and my neck and knees hurt then but the pain went away. and now it hurts pretty bad and yes i have a doctors appointment for it. im also 79 so i believe its the vacine age and body condition that cause it so i guess its not clear sailing for some people

--
Nuvi 2460LMT.

well

pwohlrab wrote:

There have been a lot of arguments that Covid is very minor to it having a death grip on others. The same with the vaccines where anywhere from no reactions to severe and even death. My opinion is that how covid and a vaccine hits a person is all based on their individual chemistry make up of their body combined with whatever that person has as underlying issues. I just wish everyone would just realize this and let people make their own health decisions as to whether they want the vaccine or not. I for one am so sick of the constant push from pharma, politicians, companies, individuals, etc. This is dividing the country at a time when we should be coming together.

geo334 wrote:

ive had the two maderna shots and about a week after my second shot i had a lot of joint pain, it has started to go away except for my neck and one knee, prior to the shots yuears ago i was told i have degenitive bone disease and my neck and knees hurt then but the pain went away. and now it hurts pretty bad and yes i have a doctors appointment for it. im also 79 so i believe its the vacine age and body condition that cause it so i guess its not clear sailing for some people

If we are isolated by all means we should be able to and absolutely can do whatever we want. My thing was even pre pandemic I was annoyed by folks who went to the gym very sick, didn't cover when they coughed, and didn't wipe down the machine afterwards. My buddy said well you have no right to tell them to cover themselves, wipe down the machines, and your only option is to move to another machine or leave. Or, report them to the gym, but that's not going to accomplish anything. He continued, but for me? Since I have a compromised immune system, I have less options than you do. I can't even go to the gym or basically it's not a wise move. And btw, he has no intention of getting the covid vaccine. I mentioned his buddy even told him you're a moron for getting a tetanus shot. I told my friend I don't agree, I think you were wise to get a tetanus shot.

So in some way people all want to be safe, you, me, the people around us. So probably nobody is telling anyone specifically what to do, it's just generally. Generally, everyone in the gym pre covid should not come when sick, cover when coughing, and wipe down the machines. but when they don't? Nobody tells them to their face to do it, because very few of us can afford an altercation today, like we could 20 years ago. so that's the difference that I see. If on the news a b c is recommended, and you don't want to do a b c, don't do it. Nobody is personally telling you that--it's on the news and simply a generalization. How else can we have an opinion, and still come together?

my .02

1 2 3
<<Page 4