Brain Teasers September 2018

 

Feel free to post and or respond to your favorite Brain Teasers here.
If you post a Brain Teaser, please post the answer the following day.

This thread will be closed at the end of the month and a new one opened.

~Angela

See also

2 3 4
Page 1>>

What Am I?

I have forests but no trees.
I have lakes but no water.
I have roads but no cars.

What Am I?

--
. Nuvi 2689, two Nuvi 2460, Zumo 550, Zumo 450, Uniden R3 radar detector with GPS built in, includes RLC info. Uconnect 430N, Garmin, built into my Jeep. .

A map?

A map?

--
Frank Nuvi 3597LMT 37.322760, -79.511267

agee that "map" is the likely answer

However, I also have several photos and pictures that resemble the description.

--
Garmin nüvi 3597LMTHD, 3760 LMT, & 255LMT, - "Those who wish for fairness without first protecting freedom will end up with neither freedom nor fairness." - Milton Friedman

Definitely

A map

What was Ben buying?

Ben walked into a hardware store to purchase some items and asked about pricing. The salesman told him that he could get Four for $1.00, Sixteen for $2.00, Two hundred fifty six for $3.00 and One thousand twenty four for $4.00. What was Ben buying?

--
Garmin nüvi 3597LMTHD, 3760 LMT, & 255LMT, - "Those who wish for fairness without first protecting freedom will end up with neither freedom nor fairness." - Milton Friedman

Megabytes?

Megabytes?

--
Frank Nuvi 3597LMT 37.322760, -79.511267

Today's brain teaser:

Today's brain teaser:
What word is spelled incorrectly in the dictionary?

--
johnm405 660 & MSS&T

Answer to Yesterday Brain Teaset

Answer is incorrectly

--
johnm405 660 & MSS&T

"incorrectly"

johnm405 wrote:

Today's brain teaser:
What word is spelled incorrectly in the dictionary?

--
Alan - Android Auto, DriveLuxe 50LMTHD, Nuvi 3597LMTHD, Oregon 550T, Nuvi 855, Nuvi 755T, Lowrance Endura Sierra

a map

a map

--
DougJ - Ottawa, ON, CA

"Incorrectly"!!!

"Incorrectly"!!!

Yup

soberbyker wrote:

I have forests but no trees.
I have lakes but no water.
I have roads but no cars.

What Am I?

As a few guessed, the answer is a map, kind of fitting for this forum huh.

.

--
. Nuvi 2689, two Nuvi 2460, Zumo 550, Zumo 450, Uniden R3 radar detector with GPS built in, includes RLC info. Uconnect 430N, Garmin, built into my Jeep. .

Today's brain teaser:

Today's brain teaser:
What English word has three double letters in a row?

Answer Tomorrow

--
johnm405 660 & MSS&T

Riddle:

Riddle:
What 8 letter word can have a letter taken away and it still makes a word. Take another letter away and it still makes a word. Keep on doing that until you have one letter left. What is the word?

Answer Tomorrow

--
johnm405 660 & MSS&T

Answer to "what was ben buying?"

selfruler wrote:

Ben walked into a hardware store to purchase some items and asked about pricing. The salesman told him that he could get Four for $1.00, Sixteen for $2.00, Two hundred fifty six for $3.00 and One thousand twenty four for $4.00. What was Ben buying?

Ben was buying home address numbers and they cost $1 per digit.

--
Garmin nüvi 3597LMTHD, 3760 LMT, & 255LMT, - "Those who wish for fairness without first protecting freedom will end up with neither freedom nor fairness." - Milton Friedman

Actually there are two words

johnm405 wrote:

Today's brain teaser:
What English word has three double letters in a row?

Answer Tomorrow

Phil

--
Phil in Mentor, Ohio -- Garmin Nuvi 1450

Hummmm

johnm405 wrote:

Riddle:
What 8 letter word can have a letter taken away and it still makes a word. Take another letter away and it still makes a word. Keep on doing that until you have one letter left. What is the word?

Answer Tomorrow

Now I am STARTING to think about this one!

--
Bobkz - Garmin Nuvi 3597LMTHD/2455LMT/C530/C580- "Pain Is Fear Leaving The Body - Semper Fidelis"

Another one..

What has a head, a tail, is brown, and has no legs?

What's your answer?

--
Bobkz - Garmin Nuvi 3597LMTHD/2455LMT/C530/C580- "Pain Is Fear Leaving The Body - Semper Fidelis"

Someone just told me this one...

Can you name three consecutive days without using the words Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, or Sunday?

--
Bobkz - Garmin Nuvi 3597LMTHD/2455LMT/C530/C580- "Pain Is Fear Leaving The Body - Semper Fidelis"

.

bobkz wrote:

Can you name three consecutive days without using the words Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, or Sunday?

Yesterday, today, tomorrow

--
. Nuvi 2689, two Nuvi 2460, Zumo 550, Zumo 450, Uniden R3 radar detector with GPS built in, includes RLC info. Uconnect 430N, Garmin, built into my Jeep. .

What am I?

When you need me,
You throw me away.
But when you are done with me,
You bring me back.

What am I?

--
. Nuvi 2689, two Nuvi 2460, Zumo 550, Zumo 450, Uniden R3 radar detector with GPS built in, includes RLC info. Uconnect 430N, Garmin, built into my Jeep. .

Three double letters

johnm405 wrote:

Today's brain teaser:
What English word has three double letters in a row?

Answer Tomorrow

Bookkeeper

--
Garmin 205, 260W, 1450LMT, 2460LMT, HEREwego for iPhone ... all still mapping strong.

A Second Option

cbwatts wrote:
johnm405 wrote:

Today's brain teaser:
What English word has three double letters in a row?

Answer Tomorrow

Bookkeeper

and/or Bookkeeping

--
Garmin nüvi 3597LMTHD, 3760 LMT, & 255LMT, - "Those who wish for fairness without first protecting freedom will end up with neither freedom nor fairness." - Milton Friedman

I know, I know

bobkz wrote:

What has a head, a tail, is brown, and has no legs?

What's your answer?

My 1st one (I hope)
A penny.

--
Mary, Nuvi 2450, Garmin Viago, Honda Navigation, Nuvi 750 (gave to son)

Om a roll

bobkz wrote:

Can you name three consecutive days without using the words Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, or Sunday?

Yesterday, today, tomorrow.

--
Mary, Nuvi 2450, Garmin Viago, Honda Navigation, Nuvi 750 (gave to son)

Thinking

soberbyker wrote:

When you need me,
You throw me away.
But when you are done with me,
You bring me back.

What am I?

Thinking, nothing yet.

--
Mary, Nuvi 2450, Garmin Viago, Honda Navigation, Nuvi 750 (gave to son)

Maybe

mgarledge wrote:
soberbyker wrote:

When you need me,
You throw me away.
But when you are done with me,
You bring me back.

What am I?

Thinking, nothing yet.

A ball

--
Mary, Nuvi 2450, Garmin Viago, Honda Navigation, Nuvi 750 (gave to son)

Nope

mgarledge wrote:
mgarledge wrote:
soberbyker wrote:

When you need me,
You throw me away.
But when you are done with me,
You bring me back.

What am I?

Thinking, nothing yet.

A ball

Nope

--
Nuvi 2460LMT

I CHEATED SORRY

mmullins98 wrote:
mgarledge wrote:
mgarledge wrote:
soberbyker wrote:

When you need me,
You throw me away.
But when you are done with me,
You bring me back.

What am I?

Thinking, nothing yet.

A ball

Nope

I couldn't stand it so I cheated. Sorry

ANCHOR

--
Mary, Nuvi 2450, Garmin Viago, Honda Navigation, Nuvi 750 (gave to son)

naughty

mgarledge wrote:
mmullins98 wrote:
mgarledge wrote:
mgarledge wrote:
soberbyker wrote:

When you need me,
You throw me away.
But when you are done with me,
You bring me back.

What am I?

Thinking, nothing yet.

A ball

Nope

I couldn't stand it so I cheated. Sorry

ANCHOR

Yes, An anchor

--
. Nuvi 2689, two Nuvi 2460, Zumo 550, Zumo 450, Uniden R3 radar detector with GPS built in, includes RLC info. Uconnect 430N, Garmin, built into my Jeep. .

What am I?

This thing all things devours;
Birds, beasts, trees, flowers;
Gnaws iron, bites steel;
Grinds hard stones to meal;
Slays king, ruins town,
And beats mountain down.

--
. Nuvi 2689, two Nuvi 2460, Zumo 550, Zumo 450, Uniden R3 radar detector with GPS built in, includes RLC info. Uconnect 430N, Garmin, built into my Jeep. .

What am I?

This thing all things devours;
Birds, beasts, trees, flowers;
Gnaws iron, bites steel;
Grinds hard stones to meal;
Slays king, ruins town,
And beats mountain down.

--
. Nuvi 2689, two Nuvi 2460, Zumo 550, Zumo 450, Uniden R3 radar detector with GPS built in, includes RLC info. Uconnect 430N, Garmin, built into my Jeep. .

Yestersdays Answer

Answer:
The word is starting!
starting, staring, string, sting, sing, sin, in, I.

--
johnm405 660 & MSS&T

Today's brain teaser:

Today's brain teaser:
A is the sister of B. B is the brother of C. C is the father of D. How is D related to A?

Answer Tomorrow

--
johnm405 660 & MSS&T

Yep..

mgarledge wrote:
bobkz wrote:

What has a head, a tail, is brown, and has no legs?

What's your answer?

My 1st one (I hope)
A penny.

You are correct on both of mine!

--
Bobkz - Garmin Nuvi 3597LMTHD/2455LMT/C530/C580- "Pain Is Fear Leaving The Body - Semper Fidelis"

Penny

bobkz wrote:

What has a head, a tail, is brown, and has no legs?

What's your answer?

Penny

--
Frank Nuvi 3597LMT 37.322760, -79.511267

Aunt

johnm405 wrote:

Today's brain teaser:
A is the sister of B. B is the brother of C. C is the father of D. How is D related to A?

Answer Tomorrow

A is D's Aunt.

--
Frank Nuvi 3597LMT 37.322760, -79.511267

Family

johnm405 wrote:

Today's brain teaser:
A is the sister of B. B is the brother of C. C is the father of D. How is D related to A?

Answer Tomorrow

C and B and A are brothers and sisters
so
so C's sister A is the Aunt of C's child D

For a usedtobe blond I can get some of these (had to have a pencil and piece of paper to figure this one out) smile

--
Mary, Nuvi 2450, Garmin Viago, Honda Navigation, Nuvi 750 (gave to son)

One more

Make it a 9 letter riddle and start with "startling"

Time

soberbyker wrote:

This thing all things devours;
Birds, beasts, trees, flowers;
Gnaws iron, bites steel;
Grinds hard stones to meal;
Slays king, ruins town,
And beats mountain down.

The Answer is TIME.

.

--
. Nuvi 2689, two Nuvi 2460, Zumo 550, Zumo 450, Uniden R3 radar detector with GPS built in, includes RLC info. Uconnect 430N, Garmin, built into my Jeep. .

Yesterdays Answer

Both guesses were correct it was starting and Aunt

May be slow next week we will be doing a little traveling.

--
johnm405 660 & MSS&T

No one guessed my last one, Time was the answer.

Complete this sequence of letters: o, t, t, f, f, s, s, _, _, _.

--
. Nuvi 2689, two Nuvi 2460, Zumo 550, Zumo 450, Uniden R3 radar detector with GPS built in, includes RLC info. Uconnect 430N, Garmin, built into my Jeep. .

answer

o,o,o

--
garry

nope

garry1p wrote:

o,o,o

Not for my query.

--
. Nuvi 2689, two Nuvi 2460, Zumo 550, Zumo 450, Uniden R3 radar detector with GPS built in, includes RLC info. Uconnect 430N, Garmin, built into my Jeep. .

Obvious once you know it.

The answer is obvious once you see it, but I cheated and looked it up, so I am not going to give it.

--
Alan - Android Auto, DriveLuxe 50LMTHD, Nuvi 3597LMTHD, Oregon 550T, Nuvi 855, Nuvi 755T, Lowrance Endura Sierra

Yeah .......

alandb wrote:

The answer is obvious once you see it, but I cheated and looked it up, so I am not going to give it.

But I still would never of guessed it ………...

--
If the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem quickly resembles a nail. (Maslow's Hammer)

Not cheating this time

e,e,o

I cheated once and it runed it for me. Not cheating again so I can make my old brain try to work.
Mary

--
Mary, Nuvi 2450, Garmin Viago, Honda Navigation, Nuvi 750 (gave to son)

Not cheating, but not correct either

mgarledge wrote:

e,e,o

I cheated once and it runed it for me. Not cheating again so I can make my old brain try to work.
Mary

If you're saying your answer is e,e,o, that would be incorrect. I do believe it's e,n,t.

Phil

--
Phil in Mentor, Ohio -- Garmin Nuvi 1450

Agree

plunder wrote:

I do believe it's e,n,t.

Phil

I also believe it is e,n,t.

--
Garmin nüvi 3597LMTHD, 3760 LMT, & 255LMT, - "Those who wish for fairness without first protecting freedom will end up with neither freedom nor fairness." - Milton Friedman

Bingo x2

soberbyker wrote:

Complete this sequence of letters: o, t, t, f, f, s, s, _, _, _.

The answer is E, N, T

these letters are the first letter in the numbers 1 thru 10.

.

--
. Nuvi 2689, two Nuvi 2460, Zumo 550, Zumo 450, Uniden R3 radar detector with GPS built in, includes RLC info. Uconnect 430N, Garmin, built into my Jeep. .
2 3 4
Page 1>>