Firmware Update for FMI Cables with Traffic software

 
--
Nüvi 255WT with nüMaps Lifetime North America born on 602117815 / Nüvi 3597LMTHD born on 805972514 / I love Friday’s except when I’m on holidays ~ canuk

FMI cable

DANGER, Will Robinson, DANGER!

Before anyone rushes off to download and install:

Unless you have a FLEET MANAGEMENT Garmin GPS, you will probably brick your unit if you try to install the update.

Don't know why they didn't list the applicable units. Although, there is a warning.

--
Metricman Nuvi 660, GTM-20 Traffic Receiver Nuvi 3597 GTM-60 Traffic Receiver Williamsburg, VA

Fleet Management.

As I understand it, many of the Garmin consumer grade road navigation devices (even old ones) in the nuvi and Drive lines are fleet management capable if you add the appropriate FMI cable interface and other required infrastructure at the business end.

However, I suspect there are few POI Factory members that use FMI ... maybe a few professional drivers that are Factory members.

https://www8.garmin.com/solutions/mobile-resource-management...

--
Alan - Android Auto, DriveLuxe 50LMTHD, Nuvi 3597LMTHD, Oregon 550T, Nuvi 855, Nuvi 755T, Lowrance Endura Sierra

I loaded this update on a

I loaded this update on a nuvi 2797. Unit worked fine except no traffic info and showed "searching" under traffic provider. Under providers, I had 2 options, All and HERE, when I would select HERE it would almost immediately revert back to ALL. I got it to work by selecting HERE and SAVE before it reverted back to ALL, so far so good.

Curious To Know?

jsm180 wrote:

I loaded this update on a nuvi 2797. Unit worked fine except no traffic info and showed "searching" under traffic provider. Under providers, I had 2 options, All and HERE, when I would select HERE it would almost immediately revert back to ALL. I got it to work by selecting HERE and SAVE before it reverted back to ALL, so far so good.

I'm curious to know, did this update appear on your 2797 using
Garmin Express?

--
Nuvi 2460LMT 2 Units

Nuvi 3597?

canuk wrote:

https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=8895

http://www.gmaptool.eu/en/content/recent-updates

I have a Nuvi 3597LMTHD. Is this an update for my Nuvi?
Thanks.

Not unless your unit is a

Not unless your unit is a Fleet unit. If it's not in your Garmin Express as an update, no.

--
Frank Nuvi 3597LMT 37.322760, -79.511267

Yes it did

muell9k wrote:
jsm180 wrote:

I loaded this update on a nuvi 2797. Unit worked fine except no traffic info and showed "searching" under traffic provider. Under providers, I had 2 options, All and HERE, when I would select HERE it would almost immediately revert back to ALL. I got it to work by selecting HERE and SAVE before it reverted back to ALL, so far so good.

I'm curious to know, did this update appear on your 2797 using
Garmin Express?

yes

Good to know. I will let

Good to know. I will let this one go by.

3590LMT Not Available

This update didn't show for my 3590LMT.

Yes on my 2689LMT

The update showed in Garmin Express for my 2689LMT.

--
I am actually uglier than the GIF! <grin>

Update Appears for Drivesmart 50LMTHD and 2597LMT

The update shows up, in Garmin Express, for both the Drivesmart 50LMTHD and the 2597LMT.

DriveSmart 61 LMT-S

In Garmin Express the FMI update is avalible version 2.40, as well as a device software update version 4.0

--
. Nuvi 2689, two Nuvi 2460, Zumo 550, Zumo 450, Uniden R3 radar detector with GPS built in, includes RLC info. Uconnect 430N, Garmin, built into my Jeep. .

DS 61

soberbyker wrote:

In Garmin Express the FMI update is avalible version 2.40, as well as a device software update version 4.0

So I supposedly updated the 61, software went from 3.9 to 4.0.

In the about section of the 61 the FMI prior to update was listed as 3.6, after update still at 3.6.

Is the "FMI cable" different than plain old FMI on the GPS? GE said there was an update, 2.40, which is older than what was already on the unit?

(screenshots of my "about" section prior to updates)

https://s15.postimg.cc/65kybsk4r/20180731_065309.jpg

https://s15.postimg.cc/iwz4ibwhn/20180731_065319.jpg

.

--
. Nuvi 2689, two Nuvi 2460, Zumo 550, Zumo 450, Uniden R3 radar detector with GPS built in, includes RLC info. Uconnect 430N, Garmin, built into my Jeep. .

Nuvi 3597

phranc wrote:

Not unless your unit is a Fleet unit. If it's not in your Garmin Express as an update, no.

it did not show up in my Garmin Express as an update last time I updated.

3597

bsp131 wrote:

it did not show up in my Garmin Express as an update last time I updated.

I don't think the 3597 is Fleet Management capable, so I wouldn't expect this update to be offered on that device. I would think there are very few POI Factory members who have access to or use Garmins's Fleet Management system.

--
Alan - Android Auto, DriveLuxe 50LMTHD, Nuvi 3597LMTHD, Oregon 550T, Nuvi 855, Nuvi 755T, Lowrance Endura Sierra