OH THOSE IDIOTS AT GARMIN MAPS!!!!

 

If you do a Google Search for 900 Crystal Tree Drive, Waynesville, NC 28785, and compare against 2018.20, you'll see what I'm talking about...
I've been waiting for 3 local mapping errors to be fixed by Garmin...
They were reported here, and submitted to Garmin, and via this and one other forum more than a year ago the 2 errors I knew about, and one other one was found by someoene else to the mapping company....
In turn, I submitted those same 3 errors to Garmin....

Here were the errors that was submitted...

Where crystal Tree Drive turns from Ned's Cove Road, there is another road Burgler's Trace or something like that, that is NOT Adjacent to Crystal Tree Drive, but ~200' further up Neds Cove Road..... THIS WAS FIXED IN THIS UPDATE-- THANK YOU... (doesn't report in Google Maps, however)

Crystal Tree Drive doesn't perfectly match the road Garmin has, and this can cause "OFF ROADWAY" reports from Garmin...
I haven't checked this one yet... Will try it tomorrow...

But the main concern.... The Upper part of Crystal Tree Drive, DOES NOT Connect to Ned's cove Road.. And even though other local area roads were changed, 2018.20 still says Crystal Tree Drive has two connections to Ned's Cove road and only one connection exists!
2018.20 STILL SHOWS a connection back to Ned's Cove Road.... and if you attempt this..... You will end up in a stream.... The private bridge across this stream was Dynamited by the owner (He had an argument with the Developer) between 1995 and 1997 from what I've been told... GOOGLE MAPS SHOWS THIS CORRECTLY!
Any attempt to cross back to Ned's cove road from the upper end of Crystal Tree will have you end up in a stream bed!!!
(Now if you want to be perfectly correct... Garmin did make a change on Ned's Cove Road, they said it was mostly gravel past Crystal Tree Drive... No... It was paved in about 2000, and again this past week.... Sheesh!!

I really would like to see this fixed ------ CORRECTLY!!!

Again, would someone give me an email address at Garmin so I can again approach them to fix this a second time...

--
2689LMT That we love... and a Nuvi 660 with Lifetime Maps that we have had literally forever.... And a 2011 Ford Escape with Nav System that is totally ignored!

sponsored links

If I ever travel around Crystal Tree Drive

Those heathens at Garmin. If I ever travel around Crystal Tree Drive in Waynesville, NC I'll try to remember all of this.

--
According to the laws of aerodynamics, bumblebees cannot fly. But the bumblebees, not knowing the laws of aerodynamics, go ahead and fly anyway...

.

I've seen street corrections take 5-10 years or more to get fixed.

Shouting and namecalling certainly isn't the way to get this resolved, however.

You

JanJ wrote:

I really would like to see this fixed ------ CORRECTLY!!!

Again, would someone give me an email address at Garmin so I can again approach them to fix this a second time...

You do realize that Garmin buys the map data from HERE and that you may well get a faster response to your map updates by giving the details directly to them. You can do this on the computer at:

https://mapcreator.here.com/

--
Nuvi 350, 760, 1695LM, 3790LMT, 2460LMT, 3597LMTHD, DriveLuxe 50LMTHD and TomTom XXL540s, HereWeGo for Android.

Yep, I have done so.....

t923347 wrote:
JanJ wrote:

I really would like to see this fixed ------ CORRECTLY!!!

Again, would someone give me an email address at Garmin so I can again approach them to fix this a second time...

You do realize that Garmin buys the map data from HERE and that you may well get a faster response to your map updates by giving the details directly to them. You can do this on the computer at:

https://mapcreator.here.com/

....numerous times and even though it may take them some time, it has always been taken care of. The time frame will depend on the type of road that you are talking about. Interstate, US, and state roads seem to take precedent. Then the county roads and so on. The trick is to report it to Here. It may take some time but it will get done.

--
It is impossible to rightly govern a nation without God and the Bible. ----George Washington

Seeing that I informed

Seeing that I informed Garmin that Google Maps have it right, and they don't..... And they obviously changed other things in this area, but not something that would cause bodily harm -- if you followed Garmin's Direction... So I think that this should be given higher 'repair' status..... and Garmin agreed in their response to me....

The fellow that assisted me more than a year ago reported this to the folks that provide Garmin with maps...

And he said that those folks replied that it was accepted as a correction by the company that does the maps....

AND..... When I approached Garmin they responded that all 3 area's that I reported were checked and they agreed.......

So Yes, I do think that they are IDIOTS!!

GOOGLE MAPS has this correct!!! Garmin Maps were alerted and made 2 of the 3 changes in this area.... So they were working in this area of the maps..... but the didn't fix the ONE THING that could cause bodily harm.... If you followed Garmin Maps!!!!

--
2689LMT That we love... and a Nuvi 660 with Lifetime Maps that we have had literally forever.... And a 2011 Ford Escape with Nav System that is totally ignored!

HERE HAS IT CORRECT!!!!

The fellow who helped me last year must have submitted this to HERE....
I just created a login for myself at Here.....

And did a search on 900 Crystal Tree Drive......

And the CRYSTAL TREE DOES NOT RE-CONNECT TO NED'S COVE ROAD.....

Here Maps has it correct!!!!

Google Maps has it correct!!!!

Garmin Maps 2018.20 Does Not have it correct!!!

Garmin Maps Errors were reported to them over a year ago, and Garmin made changes in that area for 2018.20, but DIDN'T DO ALL THE CHANGES!!!

IDIOTS!!!

--
2689LMT That we love... and a Nuvi 660 with Lifetime Maps that we have had literally forever.... And a 2011 Ford Escape with Nav System that is totally ignored!

Garmin gets their maps from Here

If it is showing up on the current Here map then it will show up shortly on a Garmin update. I have found that Garmin map updates usually follow in 1-2 updates. The only thing to do is wait for it to happen. I submitted a street name change about 2 years ago. It was changed on the last map update. Sometimes you just have to be patient.

--
It is impossible to rightly govern a nation without God and the Bible. ----George Washington

Remind me to never go anywhere near 900 Crystal Tree Drive

Remind me to never go anywhere near 900 Crystal Tree Drive.

--
According to the laws of aerodynamics, bumblebees cannot fly. But the bumblebees, not knowing the laws of aerodynamics, go ahead and fly anyway...

We already corrected it

JanJ wrote:

If you do a Google Search for 900 Crystal Tree Drive, Waynesville, NC 28785, and compare against 2018.20, you'll see what I'm talking about...
I've been waiting for 3 local mapping errors to be fixed by Garmin...
They were reported here, and submitted to Garmin, and via this and one other forum more than a year ago the 2 errors I knew about, and one other one was found by someoene else to the mapping company....
In turn, I submitted those same 3 errors to Garmin....

Here were the errors that was submitted...

Where crystal Tree Drive turns from Ned's Cove Road, there is another road Burgler's Trace or something like that, that is NOT Adjacent to Crystal Tree Drive, but ~200' further up Neds Cove Road..... THIS WAS FIXED IN THIS UPDATE-- THANK YOU... (doesn't report in Google Maps, however)

Crystal Tree Drive doesn't perfectly match the road Garmin has, and this can cause "OFF ROADWAY" reports from Garmin...
I haven't checked this one yet... Will try it tomorrow...

But the main concern.... The Upper part of Crystal Tree Drive, DOES NOT Connect to Ned's cove Road.. And even though other local area roads were changed, 2018.20 still says Crystal Tree Drive has two connections to Ned's Cove road and only one connection exists!
2018.20 STILL SHOWS a connection back to Ned's Cove Road.... and if you attempt this..... You will end up in a stream.... The private bridge across this stream was Dynamited by the owner (He had an argument with the Developer) between 1995 and 1997 from what I've been told... GOOGLE MAPS SHOWS THIS CORRECTLY!
Any attempt to cross back to Ned's cove road from the upper end of Crystal Tree will have you end up in a stream bed!!!
(Now if you want to be perfectly correct... Garmin did make a change on Ned's Cove Road, they said it was mostly gravel past Crystal Tree Drive... No... It was paved in about 2000, and again this past week.... Sheesh!!

I really would like to see this fixed ------ CORRECTLY!!!

Again, would someone give me an email address at Garmin so I can again approach them to fix this a second time...

We already corrected this error, but I said it takes "about 2 map updates." I noticed it wasn't in this map update either, but other changes in the area were in this map update, including the gravel road. I'll update the road to a paved road, but a paved road showing as a gravel road isn't a huge deal.
Please calm down.
If you check the HERE map at
https://wego.here.com/?map=35.57077,-83.05445,15,normal
you will see the road is corrected and on record. It should show up the next map update.

I've changed the last part of Ned's Cove back to paved.

Our original discussion about this is at
http://www.poi-factory.com/node/46732

I know why that particular road change isn't on this map update and the others are. After I made all of the adjustments, I checked again in a few weeks later and Crystal Tree Dr was back to its incorrect position (the correction didn't take), so I had to redo it. All of the other corrections were still there. I have to go through this back and forth with HERE maps sometimes when making updates, and I'll admit it's very annoying. But I'm positive that delay is what caused the change not to be on this update.

Don't go anywhere near 900

Don't go anywhere near 900 Crystal Tree Drive... (And attempt to go to Ned's Cove Rd!)

You asked me to tell you to never go there!!! smile!

--
2689LMT That we love... and a Nuvi 660 with Lifetime Maps that we have had literally forever.... And a 2011 Ford Escape with Nav System that is totally ignored!

Thank You Narvick

Thanks... Your posts seem to make the most sense!!

The Whole Subdivision is awaiting this update... You'd be surprised how many delivery trucks and 'relatives' have had to turn around at 801 Crystal Tree Drive, in a private drive, when the roadway comes to an end prior to reaching Ned's Cove Rd!!!

By the way.... the correction to Crystal Tree Drive (so that you don't get OFF ROAD Prompts) DID get updated... You are Correct..... EVERYTHING EXCEPT 2nd Crystal Tree Drive connection to Ned's Cove Road was updated!!!!!!!

--
2689LMT That we love... and a Nuvi 660 with Lifetime Maps that we have had literally forever.... And a 2011 Ford Escape with Nav System that is totally ignored!

There's still roads missing

There's still roads missing in my area and errors galore. Breckenridge is still Brackenridge.

Which Area?

sydric wrote:

There's still roads missing in my area and errors galore. Breckenridge is still Brackenridge.

I like to pull up county's GIS maps and start doing corrections. What city and state?

I hope at least that

JanJ wrote:

Thanks... Your posts seem to make the most sense!!

The Whole Subdivision is awaiting this update... You'd be surprised how many delivery trucks and 'relatives' have had to turn around at 801 Crystal Tree Drive, in a private drive, when the roadway comes to an end prior to reaching Ned's Cove Rd!!!

By the way.... the correction to Crystal Tree Drive (so that you don't get OFF ROAD Prompts) DID get updated... You are Correct..... EVERYTHING EXCEPT 2nd Crystal Tree Drive connection to Ned's Cove Road was updated!!!!!!!

I hope at least that since the connection to Ned's Cove is on the dirt part, that it won't route that direction since most people have dirt road routing turned off!

That dirt part is an

That dirt part is an extension of Ned's Cove that is something new with 2018.20 It was paved in ~2000, and again last week.....
Up higher, it remains a dirt road.... I'll go up there to try and determine where the blacktop becomes dirt in the next few days...

--
2689LMT That we love... and a Nuvi 660 with Lifetime Maps that we have had literally forever.... And a 2011 Ford Escape with Nav System that is totally ignored!