Got to use American Standard Toilet Warranty

 

About a month ago, Wife commented there was a hairline crack in the tank of our upstairs toilet... American Standard White, Tall, Elongated.
Bought from Lowes in 2013 when the house here was built.. I contacted builder who had the receipts, and they contacted Plumbing Subcontractor, to see about who to call, but plumber & Wife on vacation--Yeah it's the slow season...
In meantime, I contacted American Standard directly, as the homeowner...
They asked me to provide receipt (Builder did that for me), and take a photo of it, and email it, which we did immediately, along with info off toilet as to model....

And they sent me a brand New Toilet (That model no longer made...) White, Tall, Elongated!!!

Installed it today... No Runs, No Leaks, No Errors!!! !

I'm impressed with American Standard.

--
A 2689LMT in both our cars that we love... and a Nuvi 660 with Lifetime Maps that we have had literally forever.... And a 2011 Ford Escape with Nav System that is totally ignored!

Had

Had a similar thing happen with a Jacuzzi toilet a year ago. Called the 1-800 # located on the under side of the lid and they said no problem we will send you the required repair parts in the mail.

The customer service rep then said "I see from our records that you have 2 of our toilets" and I confirmed that we did. She said , just to be safe, she would send me 2 of everything needed to make the required repair even though only one unit currently had the problem.

Great customer service.

--
Nuvi 350, 760, 1695LM, 3790LMT, 2460LMT, 3597LMTHD, DriveLuxe 50LMTHD, DriveSmart 61, Garmin Backup Camera 40 and TomTom XXL540s.

.

You can't buy the loyalty, and word-of-mouth this gets a company.

--
nüvi 3790T | nüvi 775T | Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, will make violent revolution inevitable ~ JFK

Just how often does the

Just how often does the warranty gets used on these things??? I'd imagine it's other things like the valves, rings, etc. that go bad, which aren't usually covered

Hopefully,

no men left on base.
Glad things worked out for you.

JanJ wrote:

Installed it today... No Runs, No Leaks, No Errors!!! !

--
Curiosity is the acquisition of knowledge. And the death of cats.

.

Glad to hear their warranty isn't crappy.

Advertising T. P.?

Why do they advertise toilet paper? Who is NOT buying it? grin

42 years

riveroaks wrote:

Just how often does the warranty gets used on these things??? I'd imagine it's other things like the valves, rings, etc. that go bad, which aren't usually covered

My American Standard toilet was installed 42 years ago. I haven't used the warranty yet!

dobs108 mrgreen

Excellent Company

Several years ago I bought a American Standard toilet from a local Plumbing Supply store. After installing it I noticed a slight variance between the bowl and tank (white), the tank was a bit darker than the bowl.

I called American Standard and they promptly shipped a new tank with no questions asked. The new tank was a great match with the toilet.

I only wish more companies with would stand by their product like American Standard does. I wouldn't hesitate in buying any of there products.

--
Nuvi 2460LMT 2 Units

had the same experience

With Kohler, Moen, and Lutron, only no receipts.

Maybe because we're talking about faucets and a dimmer switch? But my Kohler faucet was over $400 in 2004, and over $600 today for exactly the same. One would think the faucet is > a toilet, not sure.

One American co. that falls short?

Kidde

had a CO detector reach "END." So I say I'd like to replace it under the 10 yr. warranty. They go, it's 2017, anything made before 2010 only had a 5 yr. warranty. Whatever.

Oh, also, I used an AC Delco starter in my Nissan Maxima, lifetime warranty. They are junk. I replaced 2 under warranty. They have since rescinded the lifetime warranty--now how does that work exactly? Great cos. should be recognized, and junk companies should be exposed...

Kohler

muell9k wrote:

Several years ago I bought a American Standard toilet from a local Plumbing Supply store. After installing it I noticed a slight variance between the bowl and tank (white), the tank was a bit darker than the bowl.

I called American Standard and they promptly shipped a new tank with no questions asked. The new tank was a great match with the toilet.

I only wish more companies with would stand by their product like American Standard does. I wouldn't hesitate in buying any of there products.

Once shipped me a wrong warranty part, should have been conventional, and they shipped quick disconnect. I said, do you want the old one back? They said, no, but you may want to consider donating it to a local Habitat for Humanity. What a great answer, this was a $40 retail part.

Valentines Day gift

Reading these post made me think of a gift my husband got me for Valentine's day a few years ago.

We bought an American Standard 17 inch for the downstairs and I loved it. It is easier to stand up from a tall toilet when you are old.

For some reason when he asked me what I wanted for Valentine's Day I said a new toilet for the upstairs just like the one downstairs. There was nothing wrong with the one upstairs except it was a short one. He said ok and that was what I got.
The problem is someone found out that he bought me a toilet for Valentine's Day and he has not lived it down since..... A point of laughter in our house and with friends every Valentine's Day.

--
Mary, Nuvi 2450, Garmin Viago, Honda Navigation, Nuvi 750 (gave to son)

Y'know

mgarledge wrote:

Reading these post made me think of a gift my husband got me for Valentine's day a few years ago.

We bought an American Standard 17 inch for the downstairs and I loved it. It is easier to stand up from a tall toilet when you are old.

For some reason when he asked me what I wanted for Valentine's Day I said a new toilet for the upstairs just like the one downstairs. There was nothing wrong with the one upstairs except it was a short one. He said ok and that was what I got.
The problem is someone found out that he bought me a toilet for Valentine's Day and he has not lived it down since..... A point of laughter in our house and with friends every Valentine's Day.

This really belongs in one of the "Joke Threads" here as there's entirely too many bad cracks I'm sure we are all more than happy to contribute about the story! razz

At least you didn't get crap for valentines day, perhaps you provided some but it wasn't given to you!...

Maybe you decided to flush valentines day down the lew?

Ewwwww.... razz

--
Never argue with a pig. It makes you look foolish and it anoys the hell out of the pig!

Nice to hear some companies

Nice to hear some companies still stand behind their products!

--
an94

Congrats....

It's always nice when a warranty is honored.

--
RKF (Bethesda, MD) Garmin Nuvi 660, 360 & Street Pilot

Funny Story

mgarledge wrote:

Reading these post made me think of a gift my husband got me for Valentine's day a few years ago.

We bought an American Standard 17 inch for the downstairs and I loved it. It is easier to stand up from a tall toilet when you are old.

For some reason when he asked me what I wanted for Valentine's Day I said a new toilet for the upstairs just like the one downstairs. There was nothing wrong with the one upstairs except it was a short one. He said ok and that was what I got.
The problem is someone found out that he bought me a toilet for Valentine's Day and he has not lived it down since..... A point of laughter in our house and with friends every Valentine's Day.

Mary,
Thanks for the laughs, at our age it's always the gift that counts, regardless of what it is. I'm sure you will get more use of it than flowers that will be thrown out.
Besides you now have memories to share every Valentines Day even though it's at your husbands expense for providing the humor.

--
Nuvi 2460LMT 2 Units

Nice to hear some companies

Nice to hear some companies stand behind their products. I had a similar experience with Holly carburetors. I bought a re-manufactured by Holly carb. from Autozone. It was defective and so were the 3 others Autozone had. Called Holly and they sent me a brand new carb. next day air, installed it and all was good.

Air Lift

Have Air Lift bags in the RV coil springs they come with life time warranty.

I had one go bad called the company told them they were several years old and I do not have a receipt. They shipped two new ones no questions asked other than what address to ship to.

I was prepared to argue and was really surprised most company's would say no receipt no warranty.

--
garry

Did you have to mail the

Did you have to mail the original toilet back to them? And then pay for shipping both ways?

???

Was that really a serious question?

SMH

--
nüvi 3790T | nüvi 775T | Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, will make violent revolution inevitable ~ JFK

now try this

sunsetrunner wrote:

Nice to hear some companies stand behind their products. I had a similar experience with Holly carburetors. I bought a re-manufactured by Holly carb. from Autozone. It was defective and so were the 3 others Autozone had. Called Holly and they sent me a brand new carb. next day air, installed it and all was good.

with a Walker lifetime exhaust. They are often the only game in town, and build junk products with a lifetime warranty.

NOBODY WHO SELLS THEIR PRODUCTS WILL HONOR THE WARRANTY, SO YOU WOULD HAVE TO SHIP A FAULTY EXHAUST SYSTEM BACK TO THEM, which is cost prohibitive.

Seriously, bad cos. who don't honor warranties should be exposed. But many cars, esp. older ones, do not even have exhaust systems anymore made by the mfg., so you have to get this junk installed that rusts out in 18 mos.

to contrast

a great co.? rock auto dot com

Not only do they have great customer service, but they honor the mfg's warranties when you buy from them, and they have the records handy that make things easy.

Yes, you often have to ship the part back to them. BUT, you can do so online using THEIR FedEx account, which is like getting amazon rates for shipping. What would cost you or me $20 at the UPS store would be about $5. How can you beat that?

Another auto parts place if you have a German car...fcp euro.

LIFETIME WARRANTY ON EVERYTHING THEY SELL, incl. wear items like brake pads. I tested this, and guess what, they come through!

Regarding American Standard

john9871 wrote:

Did you have to mail the original toilet back to them? And then pay for shipping both ways?

To answer your question:
I did NOT have to ship the toilet tank back to them and received the new promptly at no cost to me.

While renovating my bathroom I also replaced the bath tub with an American Standard tub which was a perfect fit, I plan to buy American Standard in the future since I know they stand behind their products.

--
Nuvi 2460LMT 2 Units

I just thought of another one

I got something on eBay and it broke very quickly. Then I realized the credit card had a protection plan automatically attached. Downloaded the form and they credited my account. There was no communication, which is kinda bad, no email, nothing acknowledging the form, but I did see a credit in about a week.

Hey, doesn't this thread show there is actually a lot going right in this world!!?

edit and another: someone online said Costco is very good about replacing car batteries under warranty, so I bought one for $82. Maybe newer cars are no longer DIY and cost $500+ at the dealer, but mine is a '06. From past experience Sears Die Hard was hassle free too, but the product has gone downhill. Advance auto told me my warranty expired already--it had a 84 mo. warranty, I bought it in 2005, and it was 2008 at the time. Hmmmmm....

Must be new math???

84 divided by 12 months always equaled 7 years the way I was taught. And 2008 minus 2005 equals 3 years. Odd math for sure.

johnnatash4 wrote:

I got something on eBay and it broke very quickly. Then I realized the credit card had a protection plan automatically attached. Downloaded the form and they credited my account. There was no communication, which is kinda bad, no email, nothing acknowledging the form, but I did see a credit in about a week.

Hey, doesn't this thread show there is actually a lot going right in this world!!?

edit and another: someone online said Costco is very good about replacing car batteries under warranty, so I bought one for $82. Maybe newer cars are no longer DIY and cost $500+ at the dealer, but mine is a '06. From past experience Sears Die Hard was hassle free too, but the product has gone downhill. Advance auto told me my warranty expired already--it had a 84 mo. warranty, I bought it in 2005, and it was 2008 at the time. Hmmmmm....

--
Nuvi 2460LMT.

Had a dehumidifier once...

Had a dehumidifier with a 3 year warranty fail after 2 years and got a free replacement with the current model. But the company fixed that little inconvenience. The new unit only had a 1 year warranty. It also failed in 2 years, except now I had to buy a new one. Any guess which brand I did not buy.

To make it worse last week I got a recall notice for one (or both) old units. All you need is your model number and serial number. Which of course got trashed with the units.

I thought this would be a GPS plugged the Toilet thread!

LoL

No... Didn't have to ship

No... Didn't have to ship old one back.....
It now resides 'in pieces' in a low spot of property, covered with dirt... How's that for getting my money's worth????

--
A 2689LMT in both our cars that we love... and a Nuvi 660 with Lifetime Maps that we have had literally forever.... And a 2011 Ford Escape with Nav System that is totally ignored!

Smiles again

BarneyBadass wrote:
mgarledge wrote:

Reading these post made me think of a gift my husband got me for Valentine's day a few years ago.

We bought an American Standard 17 inch for the downstairs and I loved it. It is easier to stand up from a tall toilet when you are old.

For some reason when he asked me what I wanted for Valentine's Day I said a new toilet for the upstairs just like the one downstairs. There was nothing wrong with the one upstairs except it was a short one. He said ok and that was what I got.
The problem is someone found out that he bought me a toilet for Valentine's Day and he has not lived it down since..... A point of laughter in our house and with friends every Valentine's Day.

This really belongs in one of the "Joke Threads" here as there's entirely too many bad cracks I'm sure we are all more than happy to contribute about the story! razz

At least you didn't get crap for valentines day, perhaps you provided some but it wasn't given to you!...

Maybe you decided to flush valentines day down the lew?

Ewwwww.... razz

grin grin grin grin

--
Mary, Nuvi 2450, Garmin Viago, Honda Navigation, Nuvi 750 (gave to son)

Yes memories are the lasting gift

muell9k wrote:
mgarledge wrote:

Reading these post made me think of a gift my husband got me for Valentine's day a few years ago.

We bought an American Standard 17 inch for the downstairs and I loved it. It is easier to stand up from a tall toilet when you are old.

For some reason when he asked me what I wanted for Valentine's Day I said a new toilet for the upstairs just like the one downstairs. There was nothing wrong with the one upstairs except it was a short one. He said ok and that was what I got.
The problem is someone found out that he bought me a toilet for Valentine's Day and he has not lived it down since..... A point of laughter in our house and with friends every Valentine's Day.

Mary,
Thanks for the laughs, at our age it's always the gift that counts, regardless of what it is. I'm sure you will get more use of it than flowers that will be thrown out.
Besides you now have memories to share every Valentines Day even though it's at your husbands expense for providing the humor.

grin

--
Mary, Nuvi 2450, Garmin Viago, Honda Navigation, Nuvi 750 (gave to son)

did you ever see

pwohlrab wrote:

84 divided by 12 months always equaled 7 years the way I was taught. And 2008 minus 2005 equals 3 years. Odd math for sure.

johnnatash4 wrote:

I got something on eBay and it broke very quickly. Then I realized the credit card had a protection plan automatically attached. Downloaded the form and they credited my account. There was no communication, which is kinda bad, no email, nothing acknowledging the form, but I did see a credit in about a week.

Hey, doesn't this thread show there is actually a lot going right in this world!!?

edit and another: someone online said Costco is very good about replacing car batteries under warranty, so I bought one for $82. Maybe newer cars are no longer DIY and cost $500+ at the dealer, but mine is a '06. From past experience Sears Die Hard was hassle free too, but the product has gone downhill. Advance auto told me my warranty expired already--it had a 84 mo. warranty, I bought it in 2005, and it was 2008 at the time. Hmmmmm....

Jack Nicholson in "Five Easy Pieces," the chicken salad san scene where all he wants is wheat toast? You reach a point where you're not gonna get what you want, so you just have a little fun while you're there. The person who told me my warranty has expired yet couldn't explain why, was smiling. As was another guy behind the counter. So I told him to his face, you must have flunked math, because you sure can't do it. His smile went away and asked me why I would say that. The guy in the back now was about to laugh, so I said, just what the **** are you laughing about. You're just sitting there doing nothing, you must not be able to subtract either. Now he's coming out and this security guard starts making his way over, so I know the heat is on. I pick up the battery and announce I'm outta here. And I went over to sears and paid full price. Sometimes, you're not going to get what you are entitled to, period. But you can stir things up and let them know you don't appreciate it.

Oh, but you know what, I returned some light bulbs at Advance Auto last Nov., that I did not need, and this was in North Plainfield, NJ, not what I'd call the best area, but the guy was super friendly and helpful. So it was bad apples in the store I went to with the battery. They knew they could get away with it, and they did. I needed the battery, I wasn't gonna be driving 1/2 hour to the next location and go through it again, I drove 10 minutes to Sears. True story, I held the battery rather than turn it in. Sears let me get my core charge back, almost 4 years later. Sears I still like--I just ordered JB Weld for 36 cents, because I had a $4 off a $4 or more order. Will pick it up after work.

Autocraft battery.

It is interesting you have a story about Advance Auto battery warranty because just this week I had to replace a six week old AutoCraft battery under warranty. It had a dead cell. The Advance Auto clerk at my local store was very helpful and confirmed with his test equipment that the almost new battery had a bad cell.

Now the bad news. I originally purchased the battery online with in-store pickup because they had a one-time promotion for 20% off for online purchase ... great deal right? Well it turns out the warranty replacment method at Advance Auto has you purchase the replacement and then they credit your credit card account. You guesed it ... the purchase price was full price, the credit was applied immediately but was the price I paid originally. Net effect was it cost me an additional $23.

Again, I didn't blame the clerk. He apologized and admitted their warranty replacement policy was "antiquated and unfair". Incidentally, they do a similar thing with "core returns". Even if you bring in the old part at the same time you purchase the new item, they make you pay the full price, then apply the core charge as a credit on a separate transaction.

--
Alan - Android Auto, DriveLuxe 51LMT-S, DriveLuxe 50LMTHD, Nuvi 3597LMTHD, Oregon 550T, Nuvi 855, Nuvi 755T, Lowrance Endura Sierra, Bosch Nyon

lately

alandb wrote:

It is interesting you have a story about Advance Auto battery warranty because just this week I had to replace a six week old AutoCraft battery under warranty. It had a dead cell. The Advance Auto clerk at my local store was very helpful and confirmed with his test equipment that the almost new battery had a bad cell.

Now the bad news. I originally purchased the battery online with in-store pickup because they had a one-time promotion for 20% off for online purchase ... great deal right? Well it turns out the warranty replacment method at Advance Auto has you purchase the replacement and then they credit your credit card account. You guesed it ... the purchase price was full price, the credit was applied immediately but was the price I paid originally. Net effect was it cost me an additional $23.

Again, I didn't blame the clerk. He apologized and admitted their warranty replacement policy was "antiquated and unfair". Incidentally, they do a similar thing with "core returns". Even if you bring in the old part at the same time you purchase the new item, they make you pay the full price, then apply the core charge as a credit on a separate transaction.

It seems that all vendors will take a discount and apply it across an order. So if you return the item, you lose the discount applied to the item. imho amazon was the first. I just got $8.xx free last week and I think I ordered 3 items. So they divide the discount across them. A couple years ago, I had a free $5 off, then I canceled the order before it shipped, thinking it would be like a gift card. Nope, promo gone.

Back to the car batteries, someone online said Costco is no hassle, they don't even load test it? And imho $82 is cheap, well, my 2006 takes a 24F battery, and the cold CCA is high (take that number with a grain of salt).....

good customer support is

good customer support is priceless !!!

--
DriveSmart 50, DriveSmart 60, nuvi 2595, nuvi 3760,

So... what does this have to

So... what does this have to do with POI or GPS?

--
Garmin Drive Smart 61 NA LMT-S

Nothing.

Garmin Gal wrote:

So... what does this have to do with POI or GPS?

It is in the "Open Talk" section. smile

Note that you can edit your forum preferences to "hide" the forum sections you don't wish to follow. That said, IMO one of the reasons POI Factory has survived and prospered while other GPS forums are in decline is that POI Factory has found a nice balance between useful information and social networking.

--
Alan - Android Auto, DriveLuxe 51LMT-S, DriveLuxe 50LMTHD, Nuvi 3597LMTHD, Oregon 550T, Nuvi 855, Nuvi 755T, Lowrance Endura Sierra, Bosch Nyon

Uh...

alandb wrote:

.
.
.
.

social networking.

May I have the envelope please....

Is That what this is!!!razz

--
Never argue with a pig. It makes you look foolish and it anoys the hell out of the pig!

Open Talk

Garmin Gal wrote:

So... what does this have to do with POI or GPS?

This site has an option to do Open Talk.

--
Mary, Nuvi 2450, Garmin Viago, Honda Navigation, Nuvi 750 (gave to son)

OpenTalk

mgarledge wrote:
Garmin Gal wrote:

So... what does this have to do with POI or GPS?

This site has an option to do Open Talk.

OpenTalk is Different from Garmin Talk
Here you can have discussions on various topics not just GPS info.

http://www.poi-factory.com/forum/2

That's what makes POI Factory so special, there you can find information you may not have known, give it a look some time. smile

--
Nuvi 2460LMT 2 Units

.

an94 wrote:

Nice to hear some companies still stand behind their products!

I usually stand in front of their products. wink

Flotsam / Jetsam

Garmin Gal wrote:

So... what does this have to do with POI or GPS?

"Welcome / open talk

introductions and other misc. topics"

grin

 

perpster wrote:
an94 wrote:

Nice to hear some companies still stand behind their products!

I usually stand in front of their products. wink

I think I need some hip waders for some of these bad puns. wink

--
"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job." --Douglas Adams

.

Strephon_Alkhalikoi wrote:
perpster wrote:
an94 wrote:

Nice to hear some companies still stand behind their products!

I usually stand in front of their products. wink

I think I need some hip waders for some of these bad puns. wink

Keep wading. If you don't mind wading long enough, I might actually come up with some hip ones! wink

I sometimes

perpster wrote:
Strephon_Alkhalikoi wrote:
perpster wrote:
an94 wrote:

Nice to hear some companies still stand behind their products!

I usually stand in front of their products. wink

I think I need some hip waders for some of these bad puns. wink

Keep wading. If you don't mind wading long enough, I might actually come up with some hip ones! wink

ewes the toilet to cook TP..

Recipe: Brown TP on one side n' throw it in the pot!

Oh No.... I didn't really just say that now did I? razz

--
Never argue with a pig. It makes you look foolish and it anoys the hell out of the pig!