High mileage vehicles

 

I figured since I'm err...frugal and won't let a car die until I have too, I wanted to see who else here shares the passion of pushing a vehicle far beyond the manufacturer's recommended lifetime.

2002 Lexus ES 300, died October 2015 at the trailer hitch of a Suburban with 199,622 miles sad

1998 Honda Civic DX, 312,000 miles and counting. Only major motor work I know of (bought used) was a head gasket and belts.

1985 Chevrolet Caprice Classic. Died 2003 at 252,000 miles. Still sitting in my driveway. Waiting for the time to resurrect it...

By the way, these are all gasoline vehicles, not diesel. Diesel engines are known to run longer than conventional gasoline powered engines.

--
Striving to make the NYC Metro area project the best.

Jan 2014

Last January 2014, I finally decided to give up on my 1992 Honda Civic with 242K miles on it. I had a 5-month job involving a bunch of driving and decided not to chance it (plus I would have had to put at least $1000 into the car in service including tires). Settled for a 2009 Ford Focus with 63K miles with Bluetooth, moon roof, heated seats, etc. So glad I did it. In the first 6 months, put on 22K miles.

--
Garmin Nuvi 2450

Good cars.

About 5 years ago decided that now we are retired we did not need two cars. Both Subaru Impreza, one had 250K the other 230K both from the mid 80's. Got an Outback and put 60K+ on it in just over three years. We now drive somewhat less!

same boat

I bought my first new car in 1998, a Nissan Maxima. I still have it, registered, insured, but, it has an emissions issue. I miss having that Japanese car mentality where one is not phased by the mileage climbing. It's at 245k, so many things are original like the clutch.

The other two cars in our household are a 2007 BMW and a 2011 GM SUV, both of which are at 51k.

Since I treat my BMW like a Ferrari (if it's raining, I see if it's possible to work from home or just call in sick, and even though I have snow tires, I absolutely avoid driving in it, the snows are more for temps < 37F), I bought a used 2006 Lexus LS430. It cost under 15k and had 80k on it. People say this is a 300k car, as Toyota overengineered and overbuilt it (I think car mfgs do not do that anymore, German, Japanese, or otherwise). It's funny to bump into folks on forums who spent > $60k on it new. but I plan on driving this for 10+ yrs.

Why have many bought into the "forever" car payment? Madison Ave. did a slam dunk with leasing.

old cars

I acquired a 2001 Olds Aurora from the MIL when she quit driving. It's only pushing 80K miles because she only drove it to church on Sundays, but I still had to rebuild the front-end tie-rods, struts, stabilizer mounts, CV joints and wheel hubs.

Our former 2000 Subaru Legacy GT is now my daughter's with 200K miles. It may be difficult to justify the replacement catalyst it needs, and especially the new or rebuilt transmission. I just keep using Lubrigard.

The 2009 Camry still seems spry with only 104K miles. I do my own maintenance, so that probably keeps me in the cheap club.

I've been driving my 2000

I've been driving my 2000 Honda Accord since 2002. It just turned 180K miles recently. I'd like to sell it soon. I know nothing about car engine. If something breaks, I can't fix it myself and it's going to cost me a fortune. I got a starter problem a couple of months ago. That alone costs me $400+ including towing.

I have a white, 2 door, 1997 Honda Civic EX

I named her,"Lois". I'm her 3rd owner, have had her for about seven years and she has 169,000 miles.
Great car!
Several times a year I get asked by random strangers if I want to sell her. They even come to my door when she's parked out front!
With all the texting and driving happening lately I do worry more about losing her. If she were crunched there's no way I would find another used car of her quality.
Fortunately I work from home, so there's fewer chances to be hit. Fingers crossed, we'll have many more years together!

my dad

GlobeTurtle wrote:

I named her,"Lois". I'm her 3rd owner, have had her for about seven years and she has 169,000 miles.
Great car!
Several times a year I get asked by random strangers if I want to sell her. They even come to my door when she's parked out front!
With all the texting and driving happening lately I do worry more about losing her. If she were crunched there's no way I would find another used car of her quality.
Fortunately I work from home, so there's fewer chances to be hit. Fingers crossed, we'll have many more years together!

is no longer interested in cars, but he wants to buy a new reliable car. He is seriously looking at the 2016 Civic EX (oh well with auto, not stick, though there are no sticks in stock)....surprisingly one can get $2,200 off list, which strikes me as decent. It would not surprise me one bit if the car is 100% reliable. Just two weeks ago I finally bought a used Toyota product, someday I will get a Honda product too!

1994 Ford F-150 Pickup

I bought a 1994 Ford F-150 pickup truck new in 1994. The truck currently has about 113K miles on it and is as clean as a pin. For the past 12-14 years it has mostly been a garage queen (driven about 200-300 miles a year) but I recently loaned it to my granddaughter, a senior in high school, to drive to and from school about five miles away. She is in band so she frequently stays after school at the end of the school day for band activities.

I've already had this truck for 22 years and I'll probably keep it around for another 10 years or more.

2001 Toyota RAV4

Longest I ever owned one. 12 years. 165,000. Needed a clutch and throttle body but Toyota stopped selling parts for it so I sold it to a guy who shipped it to Africa. Guess it's working over there?

--
Garmin: GPSIII / StreetPilot / StreetPilot Color Map / StreetPilot III / StreetPilot 2610 / GPSMAP 60CSx / Nuvi 770 / Nuvi 765T / Nuvi 3490LMT / Drivesmart 55 / GPSMAP 66st * Pioneer: AVIC-80 / N3 / X950BH

Two Vehicles

1997 Mercedes-Benz C230 - 356K: Wrecked and damage was more than value of car. Engine still run, just needs body work.

1998 Chevrolet Tahoe - 296k: Engine gave out. Will not repair or replace. Time for new truck.

FORD 150 TRUCK

I have a 1995 Ford F150 truck with 124,000 miles on it. My wife wants me to replace it. I told her she will bury me in it before I get rid of it.

--
3790LMT; 2595LMT; 3590LMT, 60LMTHD

high milage vehicles.

Sold my 1976 Chev 1/2 ton with 235,000 miles and owned it for 37 years,the body just wore out.

--
The Home of BLUMARU HOUNDS

1993 Volvo 240 Wagon: Last year of this classic "Brick"

Current Mileage: 332,000.

Purchased used in 2005 with 80,000 miles. Runs good, engine compression within spec and burns virtually no oil between changes (+- 1/3 qt / 5,000 miles), auto transmission shifts great (Aisin Warner) and everything still works, even the A/C. If the underhood wiring system holds up, I see no reason why it wouldn't make it to 400K. If I ever have to send it off to "Volvo Heaven", I intend to pull the engine, de-grease, clean and crate it, and make room for it in my garage.

--
"Primum Non Nocere" 2595LMT Clear Channel and Navteq Traffic

Watch It!

rthibodaux wrote:

I have a 1995 Ford F150 truck with 124,000 miles on it. My wife wants me to replace it. I told her she will bury me in it before I get rid of it.

Careful of what you wish for! It might happen sooner than you think!

--
Frank DriveSmart55 37.322760, -79.511267

1987 BMW 325i

I bought a 325i new in 1987. It was my daily driver until 2002, when I sold it to my daughter, with something like 180,000 miles on it. Until my 1975 BMW 2002 which started losing the clear coat of the paint to peeling after just four years, this one still had paint in good condition at that age.

My daughter used it until the fall of 2015. She let it sit at the curb for weeks at a time, but more than once drove it halfway across the country. When she "donated" it to a charity in the fall of 2015 the clear coat of the paint was in about as bad condition at age 28 as was my 1975 car after six years, so BMW figured how to get much better durability on that between the two. I think it had very roughly 250,000 miles on it when she finally ditched it, still with the original clutch and many other original parts. On the other hand it looked a sight from the rear, as the stitching in the rear headrests had mostly let go, which was plainly visible.

The strangest old-age failure the car had initially presented itself as 12V battery premature drop, which was due to excess 12V drain, which turned out to be traced to some "lifetime" battery inside the instrument panel which BMW plainly had not anticipated would be still in service after more than 20 years.

I don't think my 2002 Audi is going to stay in service anywhere near that long, though it has only 120,000 miles on it. Here in New Mexico we figure they are just getting broken in about then.

--
personal GPS user since 1992

I've had a few...

My first car was my Dad's 1969 Plymouth Satellite. I got it when I started college in 1978, and drove it for another 5 years. When I went into the Air Force, he got rid of it with 150K+ miles on it. It was still running, but we were concerned about me driving it from Long Island down to Mississippi.

The wife and I had a 1990 Volvo 760GLE that we bought new. She finally got rid of it a few years ago, with 240K miles on it.

I had a 2004 Dodge Stratus coupe that I put 210K miles on in 10 years. It was getting to where it was going to need more work (timing belt was due, shocks were making noise) then it was worth. I replaced it with a 2014 Dodge Durango, and I've put 75K miles in 2 1/2 years. Hope to keep this one a long time too.

--
The Moose Is Loose! nuvi 760

my first 3 cars were Volvos

williston wrote:

Current Mileage: 332,000.

Purchased used in 2005 with 80,000 miles. Runs good, engine compression within spec and burns virtually no oil between changes (+- 1/3 qt / 5,000 miles), auto transmission shifts great (Aisin Warner) and everything still works, even the A/C. If the underhood wiring system holds up, I see no reason why it wouldn't make it to 400K. If I ever have to send it off to "Volvo Heaven", I intend to pull the engine, de-grease, clean and crate it, and make room for it in my garage.

I had a 244DL and then two 264 GLE's. I knew every indie Volvo repair shop from Albany to the Canadian border to include VT (as a grad student I could not afford the dealer's, "It'll be $460 to fix the fuel leak, we don't repair, we only replace. You might find an independent shop who repairs." Yeah, had it repaired for $70 in Rutland, VT). The irony is that as safe as the cars were in 1975, the 240 couldn't meet the coming crash standards I believe in 1995. I have to admit, the cars had a lot more problems that modern cars do, with the carrier bearings, rear diff, though it never bothered me, I just kept gear oil in the trunk and topped it off....and because of my Volvos, the first time I went to do my Nissan's brakes, I was like what the **** are these (floating calipers), there's only one piston on one side?

man I did love those cars, and used to dream as I looked through the IPD catalog (they still exist today)....

https://www.ipdusa.com/

I usually drive cars for a

I usually drive cars for a long time but still only get around 150K miles before replacing. Often due to maintenance cost as well as safety improvements. Last one was a 93 Corolla, decided to get rid of it, only had low 100K miles but limited airbags and no anti-lock brakes. Both features that I wanted, moving foward.

what a great thread

archae86 wrote:

I bought a 325i new in 1987. It was my daily driver until 2002, when I sold it to my daughter, with something like 180,000 miles on it. Until my 1975 BMW 2002 which started losing the clear coat of the paint to peeling after just four years, this one still had paint in good condition at that age.

My daughter used it until the fall of 2015. She let it sit at the curb for weeks at a time, but more than once drove it halfway across the country. When she "donated" it to a charity in the fall of 2015 the clear coat of the paint was in about as bad condition at age 28 as was my 1975 car after six years, so BMW figured how to get much better durability on that between the two. I think it had very roughly 250,000 miles on it when she finally ditched it, still with the original clutch and many other original parts. On the other hand it looked a sight from the rear, as the stitching in the rear headrests had mostly let go, which was plainly visible.

The strangest old-age failure the car had initially presented itself as 12V battery premature drop, which was due to excess 12V drain, which turned out to be traced to some "lifetime" battery inside the instrument panel which BMW plainly had not anticipated would be still in service after more than 20 years.

I don't think my 2002 Audi is going to stay in service anywhere near that long, though it has only 120,000 miles on it. Here in New Mexico we figure they are just getting broken in about then.

I am no longer a fan of BMW, but have been most of my life, and I am the original owner of a 2007 335i (imho their cars have gone downhill and are way overpriced). But as a very young kid, there was a BMW/Rolls Royce dealer in our town, and so I'd ask my dad to let me go inside, and I would grab the latest 320i catalog and take it home. This had to have been in 1978 or so. I remember being obsessed with the tool kit, that neatly opened from the top of the trunk lid. BMW built great cars until about 2010, in which cheapification went rampant...it's like the engineers had no say and the bean counters stepped in...wife's uncle was given two Audi A6's (he ran a shop and customers did not want to fix), a 2001 and a 1998. He junked the 2001, but the 1998 is still on the road. The amazing thing about the cars is unlike Japanese cars in the northeast, zero rust, just dulling paint....

Floating disc brakes, bah!

johnnatash4 wrote:

....and because of my Volvos, the first time I went to do my Nissan's brakes, I was like what the **** are these (floating calipers), there's only one piston on one side?

Ever try drum brakes? O.M.G!!!!!!!! Big meat hook hands, tiny Japanese Honda brake parts... Bad combo. confused

--
Striving to make the NYC Metro area project the best.

haha

camerabob wrote:
johnnatash4 wrote:

....and because of my Volvos, the first time I went to do my Nissan's brakes, I was like what the **** are these (floating calipers), there's only one piston on one side?

Ever try drum brakes? O.M.G!!!!!!!! Big meat hook hands, tiny Japanese Honda brake parts... Bad combo. confused

Just don't like 'em, even when doing rear rotors (except my Nissan is dumb, parking brake actuates the pistons by pulling on a lever, and this design breaks over and over)....I was given a 1970 Pontiac in 1991, and I drove that car everywhere (LeMans Sport with a 250 I-6, 2 spd auto). Go to do the NYS inspection, and the guys got all 4 wheels pulled. My exact words, "I've got drum brakes on the fronts???"

car age

1969 Yamaha YZ2 423,000 miles
1972 hj holden, GM chevy equivalent in Aus, 1,624,500 miles
dual fuel LPG Petrol
1988 mercedes 2925 tanker 2,705,663 km
2005 kia sportage 307,605 km
2006 Kia pregio van 404,622 km
2016 rio 19 km

bell uh1b dunno, 17400 hours

--
If only ..

My other Volvos

I started with a 1990 245 and kept it until 2004 when the electrical system got so glitchy I had to let it go. It had 287,000 miles on it. That car had a few problems over the years including two expensive rear diff. rebuilds at 85,000 and 150,000. The second one stayed quiet. It stayed rust free over those years and I really loved that car. Other Volvos were a 1991 745 (235,000) and a 1998 965 (180,000). Both of these cars were trouble free. The 965 was a beautiful wagon with the smooth and powerful I6; smooth quiet ride and handling from the 4-wheel independent suspension. Connolly Hide leather seats, dual-zone climate control, moon roof, 3rd row seat: A true Flagship vehicle in their line at the time. I traded it for a new Ford Edge in 2008 and always missed it.

--
"Primum Non Nocere" 2595LMT Clear Channel and Navteq Traffic

my high milage

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee 235,000 miles. It's on borrowed time, though. It could use some A/C work, again, but that's not happening because of how hard it is to get to the evaporator, etc.

Wife's 2000 Subaru Forester was in the running at 187,000mi until someone decided to drive on the wrong side of the road into her front end. But as the Subaru commercial goes...

1997 Honda CR-V with 206K

1997 Honda CR-V with 206K miles. Compared to some, still getting broken in!

--
Maps -> Wife -> Garmin 12XL -> StreetPilot 2610 -> Nuvi 660 (blown speaker) -> Nuvi 3790LMT

I really

williston wrote:

I started with a 1990 245 and kept it until 2004 when the electrical system got so glitchy I had to let it go. It had 287,000 miles on it. That car had a few problems over the years including two expensive rear diff. rebuilds at 85,000 and 150,000. The second one stayed quiet. It stayed rust free over those years and I really loved that car. Other Volvos were a 1991 745 (235,000) and a 1998 965 (180,000). Both of these cars were trouble free. The 965 was a beautiful wagon with the smooth and powerful I6; smooth quiet ride and handling from the 4-wheel independent suspension. Connolly Hide leather seats, dual-zone climate control, moon roof, 3rd row seat: A true Flagship vehicle in their line at the time. I traded it for a new Ford Edge in 2008 and always missed it.

loved those cars back then. My first car that I bought with my own money for $700, was a 1975 244DL. It was a 4 spd stick, with ice cold air, and I remember thinking I just missed having a OHC motor by 1 yr. The guy who sold it to me was a dismantler/shop, so he said for $700 he even would throw in a used rear door, as the one on it was severely rusted. Being a kid, I really drove a hard bargain and said for $700, you put it on. Then I used duct tape and Krylon to make all the holes in the body go away.

My 264's, being top of the line in both cases, had those cool electric mirrors that BMW 7's and 6's had at the time, and also the Bertone Coupe.

They were 4 doors, so they were not this coupe, but the tail lights and mirrors were the same. The 6 panel tails back then indicated 6 cyl I think (or top of the line)....

http://www.volvobertone.com/efldr2603.html

Guess I moved on to the 1998 Maxima purchased new, which I still have today, and never realized my dream of getting a Volvo P1800....

I hate working on drums,

I hate working on drums, they're not so bad but definitely choose disc all around than working with drums in the rear because they are a pain in the rear. Unfortunately still have a couple vehicles that are still drums in rear.

That's encouraging

chewbacca wrote:

I've been driving my 2000 Honda Accord since 2002. It just turned 180K miles recently. I'd like to sell it soon. I know nothing about car engine. If something breaks, I can't fix it myself and it's going to cost me a fortune. I got a starter problem a couple of months ago. That alone costs me $400+ including towing.

That's encouraging about your Accord. I have an '09 at 94k and I'm hoping to get another 100k out of it! Runs like new.

.

ptownoddy wrote:
chewbacca wrote:

I've been driving my 2000 Honda Accord since 2002. It just turned 180K miles recently. I'd like to sell it soon. I know nothing about car engine. If something breaks, I can't fix it myself and it's going to cost me a fortune. I got a starter problem a couple of months ago. That alone costs me $400+ including towing.

That's encouraging about your Accord. I have an '09 at 94k and I'm hoping to get another 100k out of it! Runs like new.

I'm sure you'll get 100+ K miles easily if you don't drive like a maniac smile. Before owning the current Honda Accord EX year 2000, I had a 1990 Honda Accord LX. Purchased used at 10K miles and sold it at about 230K miles.

Jeep Grand Cherokee 1998.

Jeep Grand Cherokee 1998. Only 189K on it. Still runs. No major work done.

Yeah older cars were built

Yeah older cars were built to last. (with regular maintenance) These newer cars made today may look sleek and new but they are built very cheap.

1998 Ford Escort

My little Ford Escort is turning 161,000 miles.

I bought a brand new car a couple of years ago, and I use the Escort as my 'beater'. I drive it in the winter when all the salt slush is on the roads.

It's still good mechanically, but rust is starting to show on the quarter panels.. I won't drive a rusty car, so it's due to be retired.

Hope my '06

Impala LTZ

I still have a 2008 Impala LTZ with 131,986 and still looks and drives like a new car

Faithful Old Friends

208,000+ on my 1972 Chevy Nova 350 with 4 speed trans. My first new car. The high price of gas eventually did her in due to my 150+ mile daily commute.

242,000+ on my 1987 Subaru 3 door coupe. I'm convinced I'd still be driving her today if she hadn't been run over by a semi.

High Mileage Vehicles

I am jealous of many of you. I bought a used 1995 Chevrolet Silverado pickup twenty years ago. It finally had transmission problems this summer at 182,000 that I decided to sell it for parts for $400.00. It was a great starter and I still miss it! I do think I got my money's worth out of it, though.

lifetime

Is there anything like recommended lifetime for cars? If you not "new car only" type you can run car as long as you want. Mostly it's question how often you have to repair old car. If it's running fine why change it? But if it starts spending more time with mechanic than with you question is: can you afford it? If you need car to get to work every day you will have to get something new and more reliable.

Buy the way I sold my '98 Civic with 178k miles on it and it was still running fine. I had to change only radiator and twice distributor cap (one of "new" was defective).

I've only bought new cars

I've only bought new cars and used to keep them for 150K miles +/- 30K. I sold my '91 Audi 80 at 70K as I had kids who were about to be driving and I believed that that car was too fast for my kids.

I bought a '96 Toyota 4Runner and lived for a while with a hellish commute, not a commute from/to hell. In '12 I wanted to be able to tow so I sold it with 320K on the clock. It had the original rear (drum) brakes and the front pads had only been changed twice. It did require the entire cooling system be replaced and the transfer case seals were replaced twice.

The '11 Ford F-250 has 71K and has had only one repair. It started making a kazoo-like noise loud enough that we couldn't talk. Removing and replacing the windshield fixed that.

Never made it to 300k

minke wrote:

I've only bought new cars and used to keep them for 150K miles +/- 30K. I sold my '91 Audi 80 at 70K as I had kids who were about to be driving and I believed that that car was too fast for my kids.

I bought a '96 Toyota 4Runner and lived for a while with a hellish commute, not a commute from/to hell. In '12 I wanted to be able to tow so I sold it with 320K on the clock. It had the original rear (drum) brakes and the front pads had only been changed twice. It did require the entire cooling system be replaced and the transfer case seals were replaced twice.

The '11 Ford F-250 has 71K and has had only one repair. It started making a kazoo-like noise loud enough that we couldn't talk. Removing and replacing the windshield fixed that.

.

But I hope to do so with the '06 Lexus. Long way to go it's about to reach 83,000....

I had a 1976 Malibu classic

I had a 1976 Malibu classic I ran until the motor bearings went, 300+ thousand miles. My mechanic, knowing how much I loved that car, knew of someone selling one just like it, even the same color, except it was a four door. So I bought it, $500.00 had about 100 thousand miles less. I transferred a lot of the newer parts from the one that died to it, like the new radiator I had put in. Got about 150+ thousand more out of it. I loved that car, built like a tank, they don't make them like that anymore.

--
. 2 Garmin DriveSmart 61 LMT-S, Nuvi 2689, 2 Nuvi 2460, Zumo 550, Zumo 450, Uniden R3 radar detector with GPS built in, includes RLC info. Uconnect 430N Garmin based, built into my Jeep. .

Honda

Have had great luck with two Honda Accords.
And a Toyota Camry.

--
It's these changes in latitudes, changes in attitudes Nothing remains quite the same With all of our running and all of our cunning If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane

83 Escort, 90 Ranger, 09 Ranger

All bought brand new:

1983 Ford Escort made it to 250K miles. It was done (no AC, gasket leaks, etc) when I traded it for...

1990 Ford Ranger. Odometer and speedometer quit at around 280K miles and I kept driving it until 2005 when the transmission burned up pulling a loaded UHaul on I-68 in western MD mountains. I est I had about 400K on it.

2009 Ford Ranger 4x4 has 185K miles on second set of tires. Still runs beautifully.

I typically buy new and run them until cost of repairs approaches the cost of a payment or they get unreliable, whichever comes first. I chng oil and rotate tires every 5000 miles.

--
NUVI 350

2005 Saturn Vue FWD 3.5

Just past 213K just did a timing belt and water pump 2nd renew. No leaks doesn't burn oil still gets up to 28mpg on regular gas, changed serpentine belt 2nd flush of coolant and thermostat, 3rd set of tires.

maintenance

LMChu wrote:

Just past 213K just did a timing belt and water pump 2nd renew. No leaks doesn't burn oil still gets up to 28mpg on regular gas, changed serpentine belt 2nd flush of coolant and thermostat, 3rd set of tires.

should allow your car to go very far. The fact that you've done the timing belt/water pump 2X shows you are on top of it. On the used car that I just bought, it's recommended at 90k. People on the forum have routinely done it at 125-130 and state Toyota halved the real interval, being 180k. Also, they stated it's never the belt that breaks, but a related component such as a tensioner or the pump etc. that would cause a failure. I don't see a single documented failure on the forum, since the motor is an interference motor, belt breaks, motor done.

When people are in a get a new car asap for any reason mentality, they would find it very hard to shell out $1,400 (dealer price, indie is $775) to do a maintenance job that is good for 90k, many might use it as an excuse to get a new car.....

My 18 1/2 y.o. Nissan has never had a timing chain/tensioner nor thermostat nor water pump, and it's fine at 245k. It's the rest of the car such as EGR that is a problem now.

2000 Toyota Camry here,

2000 Toyota Camry here, bought new. Continues to run and look like new. Currently has 194k and the only thing I have done to it other than routine maintenance (belts, hoses etc.) is driver side interior handle broke that I replaced (basically just wore out and internal mechanism broke). At least it was a cheap and easy fix.

Yesterday, I drove a company

Yesterday, I drove a company vehicle from the end of Charter bus trip back to the terminal. It was an early 2000's Chevy WT with a diesel. 395K on the clock. The motor ran fine, handling Intersta speed with ease. However the rest of the truck is a ragged mess, due to having been used as the shop truck and every Tom, Dick and Harry, and yes even a few Marys. It's a shame that the body was in such bad shape. I expect the motor still has a lot of miles left, even if the body doesn't.

--
Frank DriveSmart55 37.322760, -79.511267

had a 93 cavalier

I put 100k miles on it new. Replaced the head gasket twice, radiator etc. American garbage at it best.