Hidden Files | How do I show hidden files on my computer?
In order to view protected files on your Windows 10/11 computer, such as mapping image files for your Garmin unit, you will need to enable this feature using the following steps below.
1) Click on the Windows "Start" Button, then type in File Explorer Options in the search bar at the top and select it.
2) Click the View tab on the File Explorer screen.
3) Select "Show hidden files, folders, and drives"
4) Remove check mark for “Hide Empty Drives”
5) Remove check mark for “Hide protected operating system files” (Recommended)
6) To show hidden extensions for your files, remove the check mark from "Hide extensions for known file types".
7) After the check marks are removed, click "OK" to save the change.
(For Mac users, Ian Lunn has a great guide posted on his web site:)
Quickly Show/Hide Hidden Files on macOS