Hidden Files | How do I show hidden files on my computer?
In order to view protected files on your Windows 10 computer, such as mapping image files for your Garmin unit, you will need to enable this feature using the following steps below.
1) Open the Control Panel. (Right click on the Windows square in the bottom left of your computer screen. Select Control Panel and click on it.)
2) Inside Control Panel, click on "File Explorer Options", then "View". This will open the File Explorer Options window. Now follow the below steps. See layout below.
3) Select "Show hidden files, folders, and drives"
4) Remove check mark for “Hide Empty Drives”
5) Remove check mark for “Hide protected operating system files” (Recommended)
6) To show hidden extensions for your files, remove the check mark from "Hide extensions for known file types".
7) After the check marks are removed, click "OK" to save the change.
(For Mac users, Ian Lunn has a great guide posted on his web site:)
Quickly Show/Hide Hidden Files on macOS