Garmin Vehicles

 

Anyone know how to change the color on these ready made vehicles? Looking for an Easy way if there is one.

--
2 DriveSmart 65's - We do not live in Igloo's and do not all ride to work on snow mobiles.

This is a great site for

This is a great site for vehicles.

I have used it for several years now

http://www.vehiclesforgarminnuvi.com/

the files are zipped & once you unzip them, you can just drag the file to the GPS vehicle file

--
Nüvi 1350 & 57 / Drive 50 & 60

.

Vsolo wrote:

This is a great site for vehicles.

I have used it for several years now

http://www.vehiclesforgarminnuvi.com/

the files are zipped & once you unzip them, you can just drag the file to the GPS vehicle file

got lotsa vehicles, that's not what i'm looking for. I wanna change the color of them

--
2 DriveSmart 65's - We do not live in Igloo's and do not all ride to work on snow mobiles.

Color

As far as I know it can not be done. Possibly if you are a real hacker and can get inside the vehicle file and then change it to suit your taste, then it might be possible!

I drive a silver 4 door car and found one which resembles my car!

--
Nuvi 350 long gone, Nuvi 855LMT, Nuvi 2797LMT, DriveSmart 50 LMT-HD, 3790LMT now my daughters. Using Windows 10. DashCam A108C with GPS.

Do as VSolo said

Look at the bottom right of the home page - "Make a Vehicle"

Nuff Said wink

--
Ain't nuthin' never just right to do the things you wanna do when you wanna do them, so you best just go ahead and do them anyway ! (Rancid Crabtree, from Pat F McManus fame)

Wow

Make a vehicle...? That's cool.

Cool site

Cool site, I'll have to play with different vehicles from this site. Thanks!

Hmmmm,

Hmmmm, I might have to change the vehicle in my Garmin.

Thanks for the link!

--
OK.....so where the heck am I?

Garmin vehicle

Its the Christmas season do I have switched to a moire Suitable Icon

--
Don Duke aka Joe Casino

.

spera wrote:

Look at the bottom right of the home page - "Make a Vehicle"

Nuff Said wink

That looks like work, i just want to change the color of a ready made vehicle.... Nuff Said wink

--
2 DriveSmart 65's - We do not live in Igloo's and do not all ride to work on snow mobiles.

.

Speed2 wrote:

That looks like work, i just want to change the color of a ready made vehicle....

You can't "just change the color". You have to make a new vehicle.

It's an involved process.

Great Site

Vsolo wrote:

This is a great site for vehicles.

I have used it for several years now

http://www.vehiclesforgarminnuvi.com/

the files are zipped & once you unzip them, you can just drag the file to the GPS vehicle file

Great site, better selection than Garmin

--
Today is a gift, that's why they call it the present...

.

I personally prefer the "blue arrow" vehicle. cool

--
nuvi 760, nuvi 765T, nuvi 855, nuvi 3790LMT, nuvi 3490LMT - SoCal area

Yup

DorkusNimrod wrote:

I personally prefer the "blue arrow" vehicle. cool

Me too

--
1490LMT 1450LMT 295w

.

Motorcycle Mama wrote:
Speed2 wrote:

That looks like work, i just want to change the color of a ready made vehicle....

You can't "just change the color". You have to make a new vehicle.

It's an involved process.

lol.. I knew that, and I think you knew that i knew that. Was hoping some one would offer to do it for me.
Hasn't worked yet sad

--
2 DriveSmart 65's - We do not live in Igloo's and do not all ride to work on snow mobiles.

Time for the christmas tree

Time for the christmas tree

thanks for the link

Vsolo wrote:

This is a great site for vehicles.

I have used it for several years now

http://www.vehiclesforgarminnuvi.com/

the files are zipped & once you unzip them, you can just drag the file to the GPS vehicle file

I have to go shopping and find a new vehicle.

Small detail to correct ?

Speed2 wrote:
Motorcycle Mama wrote:
Speed2 wrote:

That looks like work, i just want to change the color of a ready made vehicle....

You can't "just change the color". You have to make a new vehicle.

It's an involved process.

lol.. I knew that, and I think you knew that i knew that. Was hoping some one would offer to do it for me.
Hasn't worked yet sad

You would actually be able to start from an existing vehicle, update its colors and then compile it back. So it's not as complicated as one might think.

But I see where you were going with that - and forgive me for not falling in your trap grin

--
Ain't nuthin' never just right to do the things you wanna do when you wanna do them, so you best just go ahead and do them anyway ! (Rancid Crabtree, from Pat F McManus fame)

.

spera wrote:

You would actually be able to start from an existing vehicle, update its colors and then compile it back. So it's not as complicated as one might think.

But I see where you were going with that - and forgive me for not falling in your trap grin

D/Led all those files including sketchup, read the pdf's. converted srf to png, opened in sketchup. Closed sketchup and said forget it. laugh out loud

--
2 DriveSmart 65's - We do not live in Igloo's and do not all ride to work on snow mobiles.

.

Speed2 wrote:

lol.. I knew that, and I think you knew that i knew that. Was hoping some one would offer to do it for me.
Hasn't worked yet

I didn't get that from your posts. Good luck.

Male logic

Motorcycle Mama wrote:
Speed2 wrote:

lol.. I knew that, and I think you knew that i knew that. Was hoping some one would offer to do it for me.
Hasn't worked yet

I didn't get that from your posts. Good luck.

It's another example of male logic like this:
A wife asks her husband, "Could you please go shopping for me and buy one carton of milk and if they have avocados, get 6."
A short time later the husband comes back with 6 cartons of milk.
The wife asks him, "Why did you buy 6 cartons of milk?"
He replied, "They had avocados."
If you're a woman, I'm sure you're going back to read it again! Men will get it the first time.

--
Illiterate? Write for free help.

Made Me Laugh

Box Car wrote:

It's another example of male logic like this:
A wife asks her husband, "Could you please go shopping for me and buy one carton of milk and if they have avocados, get 6."
A short time later the husband comes back with 6 cartons of milk.
The wife asks him, "Why did you buy 6 cartons of milk?"
He replied, "They had avocados."
If you're a woman, I'm sure you're going back to read it again! Men will get it the first time.

Oh my, so so funny, I did get it the first time.
Both belong to the human race, but two entirely different species.

--
Nuvi 2460LMT 2 Units

.

muell9k wrote:
Box Car wrote:

It's another example of male logic like this:
A wife asks her husband, "Could you please go shopping for me and buy one carton of milk and if they have avocados, get 6."
A short time later the husband comes back with 6 cartons of milk.
The wife asks him, "Why did you buy 6 cartons of milk?"
He replied, "They had avocados."
If you're a woman, I'm sure you're going back to read it again! Men will get it the first time.

Oh my, so so funny, I did get it the first time.
Both belong to the human race, but two entirely different species.

Box Car wrote:
Motorcycle Mama wrote:
Speed2 wrote:

lol.. I knew that, and I think you knew that i knew that. Was hoping some one would offer to do it for me.
Hasn't worked yet

I didn't get that from your posts. Good luck.

It's another example of male logic like this:
A wife asks her husband, "Could you please go shopping for me and buy one carton of milk and if they have avocados, get 6."
A short time later the husband comes back with 6 cartons of milk.
The wife asks him, "Why did you buy 6 cartons of milk?"
He replied, "They had avocados."
If you're a woman, I'm sure you're going back to read it again! Men will get it the first time.

I'm gonna be joining Box Car in the Laundry room soon, if you guys don't stop. wink

--
2 DriveSmart 65's - We do not live in Igloo's and do not all ride to work on snow mobiles.

Great Vehicle site. Thanks

Great Vehicle site. Thanks for the link

That Would Be Too Easy

Wouldn't it be nice if you could just use any old JPG, GIF or other graphic file and size it to the appropriate size, and use it on your Garmin? That would be too easy and too user friendly for a Garmin product though....

.

Please don't disparage Garmin for this without knowing all the information. Find out the information first.

If you take the time to see how the vehicles are built, they are actually made from 72 separate images. This is necessary because the vehicle icons work in the 3D mode.

Great site

This is a great site. Thanks for the link.

--
Nuvi 2597 / Nuvi 2595 / Nuvi 680 / Nuvi 650 "Good judgment comes from experience and experience comes from bad judgment."

My "only" regret

Motorcycle Mama wrote:

Please don't disparage Garmin for this without knowing all the information. Find out the information first.

If you take the time to see how the vehicles are built, they are actually made from 72 separate images. This is necessary because the vehicle icons work in the 3D mode.

I've never felt bad about this, I was more than happy to locate the website we're all talking about many years ago. My only pet peeve comes from the fact that no "simple" previewer exists for the format which Garmin defined there. But that's not a problem per se - just a minor regret I have against all those software editors and great minds who probably could build such a thing if they put their minds to it.

Mine's (mind) ain't worth adding to their group, though.

Oh - I'll gladly accept credit for bringing forth this Fantastic idea, even if I was not the first to do so. Let's just assume that I put it in words at some point, and gimme the darn Award or Statue or Whatever grin

--
Ain't nuthin' never just right to do the things you wanna do when you wanna do them, so you best just go ahead and do them anyway ! (Rancid Crabtree, from Pat F McManus fame)

nice selection of cars

nice selection of cars

Great Site

Thanks for posting the site for vehicles.

--
Larry - Nuvi 680, Nuvi 1690, Nuvi 2797LMT

Thank you!

grin

LOL

All I wanted was, to have some one change the color on one of my vehicles or show me an easy way. I'm getting everything but that. Poor me.......lol

--
2 DriveSmart 65's - We do not live in Igloo's and do not all ride to work on snow mobiles.

Love to change vehicles

Great site you mentioned. Change it every few weeks.

Thanks for link

Site works fine with 1000 vehicles/icons.

Update?

Does anybody know why the site hasn't been updated in over a year?

Thanks....

This link is very helpful.

--
RKF (Bethesda, MD) Garmin Nuvi 660, 360 & Street Pilot

A little too busy and a little too tired

sydric wrote:

Does anybody know why the site hasn't been updated in over a year?

From the site: "A little too busy and a little too tired but I hope to be back soon for another little celebration... Bye!"

As time consuming and difficult as it is to create these vehicles, I believe I would be burned out after creating 1000 of them.

I appreciate the work he put into the site. Because I use one of his vehicles, I have more time to dance!

--
Garmin nüvi 3597LMTHD, 3760 LMT, & 255LMT, - "Those who wish for fairness without first protecting freedom will end up with neither freedom nor fairness." - Milton Friedman

vehicle color

i like the blue one

two for us

I wanted to have different vehicles on my wife's and my 3790LMT to keep them distinguishable. We both like the Concorde and the space shuttle from this website well enough to use them. Thanks for posting this link.

--
personal GPS user since 1992