new & interesting places for your GPS

Cannot unlock CNNA 2013.1

 

When I noticed the post about the new version I updated my nuvi 3590 and maps on my computer with no issues.

Next I attempted to update maps on my nuvi 750 for which I had purchased lifetime updates. When the installation was complete the message on the GPS is that the maps are locked. Its always worked before. I've done it twice with the same results. The first time the installation recognized the 2012.4 version and updated the three gmapprom files. On the second attempt, it recognized that 2013.1 had been installed and asked about reinstalling, which I acknowledged.

For the 3590 update I instructed it to update both the device and computer. For the 750, I instructed it to update the device only.

Has anyone else experienced this anomaly?

I've

I've heard of one other case where updating the 34xx or 35xx first would required second download to update another series of Nuvi. Don't know why that's the case yet though.

--
Nuvi 350, 760, 1695LM, 3790LMT, 2460LMT, 3597LMTHD and TomTom XXL540s

Other options

I've not had this happen but have read of similar reports and many find solutions here (if the easier t92's solution doesn't first work for you):

http://www.poi-factory.com/node/29382

http://www.poi-factory.com/node/34074

Good luck and report back with results, please.

Success finally!

On the third attempt, what I did was to first restore from a backup of the 750 done last November, the three gmaprom files and the garmindevice.xml file. (Those were the four files for which a new date had been applied when attempting to update to 2013.1.)

Next, I went to MyMaps on the Garmin site and proceded with another update. Curiously, I was asked if I wanted to reinstall 2013.1 even though 2013.1 was no longer installed on the GPS. So, this would indicate that update history is recorded on the Garmin site rather than data on the unit itself.

This time it worked.

Success finally!

On the third attempt, what I did was to first restore from a backup of the 750 done last November, the three gmaprom files and the garmindevice.xml file. (Those were the four files for which a new date had been applied when attempting to update to 2013.1.)

Next, I went to MyMaps on the Garmin site and proceded with another update. Curiously, I was asked if I wanted to reinstall 2013.1 even though 2013.1 was no longer installed on the GPS. So, this would indicate that update history is recorded on the Garmin site rather than data on the unit itself.

This time it worked.

sponsored links



Navigation



User login

Leave this blank! This field helps block spambots.

poi factory



Who's online

There are currently 20 users and 47 guests online.

Online users

  • talensnana
  • Last Mrk
  • Evert
  • baselinecreative
  • bigrigger1957
  • allenhwa
  • Greenegger
  • jflynch
  • jfagerne
  • the2spices