Gas Prices - UP Again

 

Gas prices are rising again, with little expectation of the increase slowing. Every year or two we seem to have an "event" that triggers a surge - Katrina, the BP blowout., etc. and the price of a barrel of oil jumps. But four years ago, oil was at $140+ per barrel and now it is "only" around $105 - $110.

It seems that each time this occurs, a new plateau of "acceptance" is reached. Remember the $3.00 per US gallon? Now we are grudgingly happy if it doesn't go too far above $4.00!

Like most other commercial products, the price of gas will continue to go up. But we really don't have to "accept" it mad

Page 1>>

Ours went Down

Our gas proces went down a few pennies. Not sure what you mean by "but we really don"t have to "accept it" " If you want to drive then you have to pay the price unless you have a way to steal it. (not a good idea) Complaining and not stopping at a high price station doesn't do any good .

--
johnm405 660 & MSS&T

Illinois gas prices

Where I live in N. Illinois, today gas prices are $4.39 to $4.49 a gallon for regular that I have seen in town. I have now had to cut my travels to save money.

Diesel prices

I haven't purchased fuel since last year as I haven't been in the country, hoping it isn't much higher when I get back! Was paying around $3.89 a gallon....

--
Streetpilot C340 Nuvi 2595 LMT

All I know

Is that I am paying much more !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I keep a spreadsheet of my gas purchases since I bought our new car 4 years ago. Every gallon I have bought has been recorded !

On 1/4/2009 I paid $1.66/gal

On 3/22/2009 I paid $1.96/gal

On 3/23/2012 I paid $3.90/gal

Same station, same gas - hmmmmmmmmmmmmm ! !

crying question

--
MrKenFL- "Money can't buy you happiness .. But it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery." NUVI 260, Nuvi 1490LMT & Nuvi 2595LMT all with 2014.4 maps !

This Administration is driving the price of gas

By regulation, restictions, Keystone and other methods to get us brainwashed into accepting the GM Volt and such. O even said $5-6 dollars a gal were nessacery to get us to accept this before he was elected. He will probably release oil reserves timed to get prices to drop before our general election. Its all a planned out game, not going as smooth as they would like, but still going.

If re-elected, Crap and Tax is next, all coal fired Electricity will double or triple in price because of penalties. They tried it at the begining of this term, but had too much resistance. This time if re-elected he has nothing to lose so can puch a lot harder. If he can't pass it that way he will use the EPA to do it.

It is the world economy

In Des Moines Iowa it was $3.67 yesterday. To those who demand that we drill more and build that pipeline should read the news. We have more wells pumping than during the previous administration and the Keystone Pipeline will deliver oil to the far east because that oil is to dirty to be used in the cars in the USA unless we build cars with less stringent pollution laws but then we would have more lung related medical bills.
One should look at the different prices around the country and realize that part of it is the taxes and regulations of each area. Our wonderful state legislature is considering increasing the state gas tax by up to 10 cents.

$3.67

In Toronto area its close to $4.95/g, so 3.67 does not sound that bad wink.

To me part of the proble is OPEC setting up production quotas and controling price. In free ecomony you can pump as much as you can sell which will introduce price was and price will go down. the second issue is these damn speculators in the middle that would say since there is tension in timbucktu so oil price is going up. Dont get me wrong taxes are part of the problem too, but tax is % so lower price will mean lower taxes.

I think the real solution is look elsewhere as in alternative energy

Not to gloat BUT!!!

It was $3.69 three days ago but went down.
I would not ever in my humble life want to gloat but I just did a wine run to Trader Joe;s for tonight's basketball games . My 2007 Prius with over 127,000 miles on it has in the last 261 miles in the city did 44.6 mpg.
One does not need a gazillion horsepower automobile for my Prius will get one across the country just as fast if all traffic signs are obeyed. Yesterday I brought home a single bed box spring inside with it and no overhang out back.
Unlike those dumb commercials the only time my car will be spinning sideways is if I lose control on ice.
There are cars sold today with better efficiency than mine so I do not feel sorry for those people who drive gas guzzling SUVs and then complain about how expensive gas is.

And printing money helps too, our dollar is worthless

kurzemnieks wrote:

In Des Moines Iowa it was $3.67 yesterday. To those who demand that we drill more and build that pipeline should read the news. We have more wells pumping than during the previous administration and the Keystone Pipeline will deliver oil to the far east because that oil is to dirty to be used in the cars in the USA unless we build cars with less stringent pollution laws but then we would have more lung related medical bills.
One should look at the different prices around the country and realize that part of it is the taxes and regulations of each area. Our wonderful state legislature is considering increasing the state gas tax by up to 10 cents.

Look at food and other prices, all are going up fast. The dollar will not be the standard much longer if this keeps up. If that happens we will also not be able to fudge our debt by printing money to pay it.

Yes we are drilling more because of last admin, but O has slowed production, hut down many projects. If we opened up Fed and offshore we could kiss Al Quida oil and most of our problems goodbye, our economy would boom.

As for Keystone, we have ways to clean it up, but we don't even have too. There are many uses for oil, the pure sweet can be used for clean needs, the other grades can be used acording to demands, lessening the demand and wasteful use on sweet.

Too bad your paycheck hasn't risen that much!

Every time the gas prices rise, it makes everything else rise too and the cost of living goes up dramatically.
If the gas prices were to suddenly drop again, nothing else goes back down. Then when the gas goes back up again, everything goes up even more.

--
Tight lines

So you're buying that Repub BS

windwalker wrote:

By regulation, restictions, Keystone and other methods to get us brainwashed into accepting the GM Volt and such. O even said $5-6 dollars a gal were nessacery to get us to accept this before he was elected. He will probably release oil reserves timed to get prices to drop before our general election. Its all a planned out game, not going as smooth as they would like, but still going.

If re-elected, Crap and Tax is next, all coal fired Electricity will double or triple in price because of penalties. They tried it at the begining of this term, but had too much resistance. This time if re-elected he has nothing to lose so can puch a lot harder. If he can't pass it that way he will use the EPA to do it.

So you're buying that Repub BS? That $5-$6 line was an edit out of context to what he actually said. The right wing will do anything to get their hands on the economy again. Only the rich will get richer if they get control. I don't want a repeat of the Bush nonsense.

--
Zumo 550 & Zumo 665 My alarm clock is sunshine on chrome.

Oil prices

Quote:

Yes we are drilling more because of last admin, but O has slowed production, hut down many projects. If we opened up Fed and offshore we could kiss Al Quida oil and most of our problems goodbye, our economy would boom.

As for Keystone, we have ways to clean it up, but we don't even have too. There are many uses for oil, the pure sweet can be used for clean needs, the other grades can be used acording to demands, lessening the demand and wasteful use on sweet.

I find it offensive when people openly make false statement as if they are facts even when they can be refuted. All one needs to do is look at the facts.
According to the Bureau of Land Management, the agency tasked with reporting oil drilling permits, etc. on federal lands has reported that in 2001, the Bush administration approved only 3,439 permits increasing slightly to 3,802 by 2003. It wasn’t until 2004 that Bush doubled the permits approved, but by they dropped dramatically back down to 4,579 in 2005.
In 2009 under President Obama, there were 4,487 oil drilling permits approved to drill on federal land and in 2010 there were 4,090 permits issued and finally by 2011 there were 4,244.
Now, let’s look at new wells started.
In 2001,under President Bush, 3,448 wells were started dropping dramatically down to 2,871 in 2002, then only 2,957 new wells in 2003, and only 2,702 in 2004 and finally dropping to 1,742 in 2005. In comparison in 2009 under Obama there were 3,267 new wells started, in 2010 there were 3,166 and 2011 there were 3,260.
Now we will look at new leases on federal land. In 2001 Bush issued 3,289 new leases, only 2,384 in 2002, and 2,022, in 2003 and finally 2,699 in 2004. Now let’s compare Obama’s actions, in 2009 there were 2,072 new leases, in 2010 there were 1,308, and finally in 2011 there 2,188.
So when we compare two Presidents and the first term, Obama is NOT halting any production any more than George W Bush. In fact in some areas he exceeded President Bush. It looks like Obama is more of an oil president than Bush.

Unfortunately...

My 2001 Suburban is paid for. rolleyes So no matter how painful it is to fill it up, even though I only get ~ 14 mpg, it would be more expensive to buy a replacement car that gets better mileage. Oh well.

--
Shooter N32 39 W97 25 VIA 1535TM, Lexus built-in, TomTom Go

same POTUS

MrKenFL wrote:

Is that I am paying much more !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I keep a spreadsheet of my gas purchases since I bought our new car 4 years ago. Every gallon I have bought has been recorded !

On 1/4/2009 I paid $1.66/gal

On 3/22/2009 I paid $1.96/gal

On 3/23/2012 I paid $3.90/gal

Same station, same gas - hmmmmmmmmmmmmm ! !

crying question

You forgot same President - hmmmmmmmmmmmmm ! !

--
Garmin 38 - Magellan Gold - Garmin Yellow eTrex - Nuvi 260 - Nuvi 2460LMT - Google Nexus 7 - Toyota Entune NAV

so right

fish4fun wrote:

Every time the gas prices rise, it makes everything else rise too and the cost of living goes up dramatically.
If the gas prices were to suddenly drop again, nothing else goes back down. Then when the gas goes back up again, everything goes up even more.

I have been saying that for some time now. It is ridiculous. Last time they raised the grocery prices due to delivery price and then the gas went down but they didn't drop the prices. Now the gas is going up again and they are saying they need to raise the prices again, but it is not even as high as it was when they did it last time. Then they say the cost of living has not gone up so there will be no pay raises this year.

The main problem

Studies have shown it's the speculators that drive up the cost of fuel. Fuel has gone up over the Iranian gig, but North America does not use Iranian oil. Period.

Saudi Arabia has even boosted the output of their oil. Effect? None. Then, have a little look at the massive profits the oil companies make. Billions per quarter. Oh yea, let's not forget the subsidies these companies get from the Gov as well...

Take a look at the messes the oil companies make with leaks, and cleanups. Guess who the costs get passed on too?

So... does anyone really wonder why prices are what they are?

And BTW, you American's have it cheap. We pay prices that are your worst nightmare. Your complaints fall on deaf ears with me.

--
nüvi 3790T | nüvi 775T | Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, will make violent revolution inevitable ~ JFK

have you ever looked

Juggernaut wrote:

Studies have shown it's the speculators that drive up the cost of fuel. Fuel has gone up over the Iranian gig, but North America does not use Iranian oil. Period.

Saudi Arabia has even boosted the output of their oil. Effect? None. Then, have a little look at the massive profits the oil companies make. Billions per quarter. Oh yea, let's not forget the subsidies these companies get from the Gov as well....

Have you ever looked to see what the energy companies do with their "profits"? Very little of those coins remain in the company coffers. It all seems to trickle back out int research, supplies, wages, and, oh yes, dividends for the stock I own.

Now the mantra is tax 'em and then tax 'em again to eat up all those profits so they can go back to the government so they can waste it. But remember, corporations don't pay taxes, you pay them for them as they are passed as a cost of doing business.

--
Illiterate? Write for free help.

Algea

Yobama Jihad says all will be just fine, They have a long term energy policy. Problem in the short term we all take it in the shorts. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a big drop in prices around October.

How about passing on the name calling?

How about passing on the juvenile name calling? If you have an intelligent point, make it.

--
Zumo 550 & Zumo 665 My alarm clock is sunshine on chrome.

yup, you're right!!!

flaco wrote:
MrKenFL wrote:

Is that I am paying much more !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I keep a spreadsheet of my gas purchases since I bought our new car 4 years ago. Every gallon I have bought has been recorded !

On 1/4/2009 I paid $1.66/gal

On 3/22/2009 I paid $1.96/gal

On 3/23/2012 I paid $3.90/gal

Same station, same gas - hmmmmmmmmmmmmm ! !

crying question

You forgot same President - hmmmmmmmmmmmmm ! !

Yeah, like gas averaged around $1.60 in 2001, and around $4.40 in 2008, under the SAME PRESIDENT... Go figure, eh??

--
Garmin Nuvi 885T

they can charge what they want ...

... it'll just keep me closer to home.

--

it's the dog's fault

--
Garmin nuvi 2455 - nuvi 350, 260 (spares) - my other toys: IMac quad-core i3, Mac Mini, MacOS: Mojave 10.14.6/Catalina 10.15.2. and introducing The Beast, a 2013 Dodge Charger Pursuit and his Garmin DriveSmart 5. The dog's name is Ginger.

It's Not

It's not the same President that does it. It's the fact that the rest of the developed &developing world is consuming much more - like China & India AND the fact that the US is quickly declining in selling it's wares to the rest of the world.

Fred

Gas Prices Soar

Prices in NYC are always higher because of the taxes, but the gas stations still keep adding on extra for their own gain. Look for the lowest prices in the neighborhood and don't use the stations who don't care about us.

--
Alan-Garmin c340

pass

dave817 wrote:

How about passing on the juvenile name calling? If you have an intelligent point, make it.

Normally I don't get involved in politics because I try to stay independent and vote for who I think is the right man, but I'm getting a little tired of the left getting a pass on everything they do or say while the right is nitpicked on everything they do or say. Did you protest to Bill Maher when he called Republican women vile names, or to Rep. Steve Cohen when he compared Republicans to Nazis, or Joe Biden when he called everyone in the Tea Party terrorists? Also Bush was called more names then Obama has ever been thought of being called. Maybe you should take a look at this site, read the text then scroll down to the bottom and look at the pictures. Do you think this would be put up with in Obama's case?

http://tinyurl.com/m42pug

I have made up my mind that in the coming election I will not vote for Obama because I truly believe that if he gets in for a second term the country is down the drain.

--
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

That's Cheap

ScottK1968 wrote:

Where I live in N. Illinois, today gas prices are $4.39 to $4.49 a gallon for regular that I have seen in town. I have now had to cut my travels to save money.

Gas is about $1.28-$1.33 per liter which translates to $4.83 to $5.02 per US Gallon.

Just be thankful that every barrel of oil that you get from Canada is a barrel of oil that you don't have to get from the Middle East or Venezuela.

--
NUVI2555LMT, NUVI350

In a forum like this

It is absolutely ridiculous to discuss politics or religion.
About 50 % of the people will disagree with your point of view and/or biases.

Why don't we stick to the world of GPSs', travel, and POI's and put your other comments in the thread (Chit Chat thread) for other subjects !

My 4 cents worth ! (went up with the price of gas)

--
MrKenFL- "Money can't buy you happiness .. But it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery." NUVI 260, Nuvi 1490LMT & Nuvi 2595LMT all with 2014.4 maps !

Dont blame Government

windwalker wrote:

By regulation, restictions, Keystone and other methods to get us brainwashed into accepting the GM Volt and such. O even said $5-6 dollars a gal were nessacery to get us to accept this before he was elected. He will probably release oil reserves timed to get prices to drop before our general election. Its all a planned out game, not going as smooth as they would like, but still going.

If re-elected, Crap and Tax is next, all coal fired Electricity will double or triple in price because of penalties. They tried it at the begining of this term, but had too much resistance. This time if re-elected he has nothing to lose so can puch a lot harder. If he can't pass it that way he will use the EPA to do it.

You are really demonstrating stupidity and lack of knowledge if you buy in to the Republican political campaign on gas. No President Democrat or Republican can control the price of gas that is set on the world market and determined by the demand for oil by China and other developing countries like India and Brazil. Then you have situation like Iran threatening the flow of oil. These events all account for higher price by speculators. Keystone process will not if done affect the price of gas. The hydrocarbon boom in the US has significantly reduced the amount of imported oil but it cant reduce prices on the world market. The Keystone project will not create any impact.

--
Garmin Nuvi 260W Garmin Nuvi 1490T If you think knowledge is expensive, try ignorance.

It's all Bullsh*t

On March 21 an article in the Montreal Gazette pointed out that crude oil from the Alberta tar sands is being discounted by $35 per barrel to US oil companies who pay $35.50 or so for it because of a supply glut and reduced demand. West Texas Intermediate crude is being sold at about $65.50.

The majority of the US's oil requirements are supplied between the two. So who in the US cares what the Chinese pay for gas if the local suppliers are buying oil for half the price that they are?

If indeed the price that 'we' must pay for gasoline is based on the 'world price' of oil, then the US consumer is subsidising the Chinese (and almost every other) retail market.

So, once more; Why is it that gas prices are where they are? (Please don't bother answering, because the question is rhetorical)

http://www.montrealgazette.com/business/industry+lose+year+c...

I LOVE the way the title says that the oil industry will 'lose' $18 Billion per year, but then state in the small print that it is 'opportunity cost' - not a real loss. They're still raking it in.

--
Currently have: SP3, GPSMAP 276c, Nuvi 760T, Nuvi 3790LMT, Zumo 660T

Florida price

I just filled up here in Florida and paid $3.96.9 I expect it to be $4.00 by next weekend. My new 2012 Camry has helped to soften the pain.

--
Wanted -Woman with GPS -send picture of GPS

Varied comments

MrKenFL wrote:

It is absolutely ridiculous to discuss politics or religion.
About 50 % of the people will disagree with your point of view and/or biases.

Why don't we stick to the world of GPSs', travel, and POI's and put your other comments in the thread (Chit Chat thread) for other subjects !

My 4 cents worth ! (went up with the price of gas)

This post for sure caused an uproar and I have enjoyed reading all of the varied comments. However, the above reply from MrKenFl might be the correct approach.

One point that seems to be ignored?

Keystone, Canada is a friend, opening Fed land and such will do a few things that would change our situation imediatly. We are sending a bunch of money to AQ by way of Saudi, Iran and others. Then theres that great friend Hugo Chavez too. Sure they will still sell thier oil to somebody, just not us.

We would imediately benefit by keeping our money here, billions. Jobs would be created that had long term effect, high paying. The price of Oil/Gas would drop dramaticly world wide, but more importantly, things such as war in Iran will not be as big an impact because we have our own.

I don't like my money funding madras's or buying AK's for Chavez.

Now the famous responce since jimmy peanuts, "even if we start this today, it will be 10, 15 or 20 years before this came on line". Yup, thats right. When was peanuts President, more the 20 years I bet?

And this is not politics, this is survival!

It has been overlooked

To many people are stating opinions in this thread and not facts.
How many of you missed the story last year that at least three US refineries on the east coast were going to shut down this year? Why drill if you can't refine?
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/09/27/us-conocophillips-...

I know it's all pretty

I know it's all pretty disgusting

My 2¢

Forget all the political baloney from both the left and right.

It is definately the price of crude that drives the price of gasoline up or down.

The demand for gasoline and diesel is down in the U.S. (thanks to MPG mandates from the federal government), but it is not down in the rest of the world. If you don't believe that demand is down here, then why are refiners now shipping gas and diesel overseas? Go to dailypress.com and search on "Yorktown refinery". It closed and no plans to re-open due to the demand for gas being down.

The demand for crude is coming from developing countries. Take a look at China. 20 years ago there were no traffic jams and most people used a bicycle to get to work. Today, Bejing has major traffic problems and smog as well.

And it's not just China. Take a look at Nuuk, Greenland (64.17570, -51.73809) on Google maps or Google Earth. No Roads in or out. The only way there is by boat (in the summer) or by plane. Yet, there are cars and trucks sitting in the driveways of homes. There are no kayaks sitting at the marina - but there are "Power boats". It's changing all over the world folks and this is the reason that the demand for crude has increased.

I think that the main reason that we need to drill more here is to keep all our Trillions of dollars from going overseas - especially to countries that support terrorists.

The main argument AGAINST the Keystone XL pipeline is that it will leak into the aquifer. Really? When is the last time you saw an article about that happening? The "Green" folks claim that a pipeline in middle america had two leaks last year. That's true, but they fail to mention that they were both about 5 gallons each and no oil got outside of the pumping station's containment system. The pipelines are inspected regularly from the inside by a remote viewer and externally by humans. They also have many failsafes to prevent spills in case of a failure.

If we increase our production of crude, then that will reduce world wide SUPPLY (edited - was demand) and thereby reduce the price. And help keep the dollars here.

Yes, solar or other renewable energy sources are great, but the technology to cheaply mass produce those devices is not available to us yet. Remember, the drive to go solar is one of the reasons that Spain is in economic trouble. They spent a lot of money on solar power generation and it failed to be cost effective, but of course, you have to dig a little deeper to find those facts..

At any rate, please take the time to research what I have stated as well as checking out the statements on your favorite political website. If that website is demonizing someone or some company, then they are probably only presenting the facts to make their case. You need to see the facts on both sides before "Joining the cause".

--
Metricman Nuvi 660, GTM-20 Traffic Receiver Nuvi 3597 GTM-60 Traffic Receiver Williamsburg, VA

This Administration is driving the price of gas

Right on. If he gets re-elected it is only going to get worse.

Yup, forgot to mention Refinaries

We need more but again can't get them. I think its 15 to 20 years to get a reifinery on line. Again the answer will be "Even if we start now, it won't help our situation as it will be 10-15 years before they go on line". OK, first, we could streamline the system, instead of 15 years of studies and reports, just do the job!

Oh and yea, how long have we known we need refinaries? And how many times has the answer been "even if we start now, it will be years before they go on line"

Don't trust what you read here, about the "Left, Right, Repubs or Dems" look it up, its easy to claim liar, stupid or write a bunch of numbers as facts. Many people will take that as fact and run with it, thats why we are in the mess we are in. The fact is, there is video of O and his cronies say the things I have said. Read up on leases and drilling, see what has been done.

But really, why wouldn't we want to use what we have and keep our money here for Americans and Canadians in these times?

Moderation

There seems to be some political back and forth going on in this thread.

Please re-read the forum posting rules before responding.

http://www.poi-factory.com/node/28855

~Angela

Right on!

GlobeTurtle wrote:

There seems to be some political back and forth going on in this thread.

Please re-read the forum posting rules before responding.

http://www.poi-factory.com/node/28855

~Angela

I agree. Keep politics out of it and just examine the facts and come to your own conclusions.

Hope I wasn't being political in that long post of mine.

--
Metricman Nuvi 660, GTM-20 Traffic Receiver Nuvi 3597 GTM-60 Traffic Receiver Williamsburg, VA

Last Fill Up

$3.51.9 at a WaWa by me.

true `nuff, sort of

windwalker wrote:

We need more but again can't get them. I think its 15 to 20 years to get a reifinery on line. Again the answer will be "Even if we start now, it won't help our situation as it will be 10-15 years before they go on line". OK, first, we could streamline the system, instead of 15 years of studies and reports, just do the job!

Oh and yea, how long have we known we need refinaries? And how many times has the answer been "even if we start now, it will be years before they go on line"

Don't trust what you read here, about the "Left, Right, Repubs or Dems" look it up, its easy to claim liar, stupid or write a bunch of numbers as facts. Many people will take that as fact and run with it, thats why we are in the mess we are in. The fact is, there is video of O and his cronies say the things I have said. Read up on leases and drilling, see what has been done.

But really, why wouldn't we want to use what we have and keep our money here for Americans and Canadians in these times?

We don't currently need more refineries in North America for gasoline because demand is dropping and there is adequate capacity. In fact they've been decommisioning the refineries we have (most recently Shell shut one down in Montreal which was one of several that supplied Eastern Canada and the US Northeast). The reason? Lack of demand.

--
Currently have: SP3, GPSMAP 276c, Nuvi 760T, Nuvi 3790LMT, Zumo 660T

Only truck driver

As anyone thinking who could stop all those gas price increase? See if me or you decide to drive less does not effect the outcome of this.

But if all Big truck company they decide to announce that they would stop delivery ,you will see a big drop in gas price ,cause could effect the economy progress,and that is only question of time, when ?

Really, then why the big panics if hurricanes threaten

If we have plenty, why the jumps in price and panic every hurricane season when they are threatened? Yes demand is down now because people are broke, it will go back up if economy ever gets better and the 14% unemployed get back to work.

Yes, people drive less when gas is $5.00 a gal, but my wife and I have no intentions of living like that. We have GPS's so we can travel, enjoy life!

Moderation

I have unpublished some comments posted after my last moderation post regarding forum rules.
If name calling or back and forth party line posts continue I will close this thread.

~Angela

Well done Angela !

I am very pleased to see your active control as Moderator !

That way we will have a 97 % happy membership !

--
MrKenFL- "Money can't buy you happiness .. But it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery." NUVI 260, Nuvi 1490LMT & Nuvi 2595LMT all with 2014.4 maps !

Here's why

windwalker wrote:

If we have plenty, why the jumps in price and panic every hurricane season when they are threatened? Yes demand is down now because people are broke, it will go back up if economy ever gets better and the 14% unemployed get back to work.

Yes, people drive less when gas is $5.00 a gal, but my wife and I have no intentions of living like that. We have GPS's so we can travel, enjoy life!

There are a lot of refineries located on the Gulf Coast that have to shut down whenever a Hurricane heads their way. They can't take the chance of a major pollution incident.

We have reserve supplies of gas and diesel, but they will not last all that long. "Speculators" know this and they buy up the "Futures" which increases the demand and then they can sell those futures at a later date for more than they paid. Same thing happens with Grain, Beef and a lot of other raw products. It's the "Fear" of shortges that jacks up the prices, including Crude.

--
Metricman Nuvi 660, GTM-20 Traffic Receiver Nuvi 3597 GTM-60 Traffic Receiver Williamsburg, VA

Hmm . . . That explains what happened to my post

GlobeTurtle wrote:

I have unpublished some comments posted after my last moderation post regarding forum rules.
If name calling or back and forth party line posts continue I will close this thread.

~Angela

Thought my memory was going on me. smile

Long Past Due!

GlobeTurtle wrote:

I have unpublished some comments posted after my last moderation post regarding forum rules.
If name calling or back and forth party line posts continue I will close this thread.

~Angela

Natural Gas Prices

Natural gas prices have tanked because of oversupply. Why won't oil prices do the same if there is oversupply? It's just there is no oversupply. I also agree on the speculators.

Gas prices.

If you think that's bad consider what we're paying in the UK for petrol, you call it gas. At the moment it is equivalent to $9 a US gallon (our gallons are a little larger so for one imperial gallon it would be $10). To fill my Alfa Romeo GTV it costs about $155. It is a good job my Garmin displays routes for pedestrians as that is how I get about mostly!

Prices have at least

Prices have at least stabilized here in Chicago. I know they are chomping at the bit, it's been stuck at 4.69 on the corner by my house for 5 days now. I told a relative years ago that if cars use half the gas they use(d) now, gas will cost twice as much.

Page 1>>