I am not able to transfer Routes from Map Source or Base Camp to my nuvi 2460LMT. I have the latest Maps and SW.
Indications are that the transfer occurs but they do not show up in Trip Planner. The hour glass appears and keeps flipping over on screen.
Other than this problem the unit works OK.
I have tried most everything but no luck. Garmin has not yet responded. There are many other people with the same problem.
Any suggestions for remedy would be greatly appreciated.
I had the same problem with my 2460 - if I transferred a bunch of routes it would seemingly calculate forever. Try one route and see if it finishes.
I've pretty much stopped transferring routes anyway, I just transfer those that have multiple WPs and those I just transfer a couple at a time. Other routes I just let the GPS calculate.
Mine very similar to your experience. There have been times when I would see just one route appear. I am wondering if Norton Virus Protection is interfering?
I suppose anything is possible but I can't imagine Norton, or any other SW in the computer, interfering with the GPS computation.
Sent routes and two that I had in MapSource with 50 waypoints in the large one and it transfer OK, it took two minutes once the route was in the unit to do the calculation, right now I'm running a simulation on the route Tampa to Philly via Blue Ridge Pkwy.
Tip to do long simulations plug a regular USB cord to the back of the mount where the FM cord is supposed to connect and it will turn on as if it was connected to 12V supply, I use the old USB cord from my 260 but any USB cord with a mini plug will work.
When I send several routes the 2450 has the hour glass going till it routes each route. When I send only one or two it doesn't take long. But when I sent a lot then turned it off the next time I used it it kept doing whatever it does when it gets a route for a long time. I just deleted all the routes and sent only a couple at a time then made sure I left it on long enough for the hour glass to stop and all went well.
I heard back from Garmin via email and they basically sent boilerplate answers that were not specific enough.
Today I spoke to a Garmin Support person. From that discussion I decided to do a Master Reset which deletes all user generated files but NOT the latest Map and SW.
I actually had to repeat this procedure as my user data wap points and routes DID NOT delete on first try.
I then made a few new way points and routes using Map Source and they all transferred fine. I now believe that my data had become corrupted.
My plan is to slowly and methodically re-build all my data using Map Source and double check results in the unit as I proceed.
BTW the CS person said that either Map Source or Base Camp should be able to accomplish the tasks.
terms | privacy | contactCopyright © 2006-2020