new & interesting places for your GPS

POI icons not shown on Map Browser....

 

I downloaded several POI files and matched them up with icons files from this site. I made sure the icon names matched the POI files names. I even made sure all the icons were 22 X 22 pixels, set to 8 bit color depth (256 Colors) and set to 72DPI resolution.

When I go to the POI listing I can see that the POI files have linked to the proper icon files. However, when I elect to show a POI on the Map Browser, the icons do not show. I have tried zooming into the Map to see if they would show up then. They don't. Some POI/Icon files work just fine and others do not. All the POI sites show up in the list with the distance from my current location.

What am I missing here? Like I said before, all the POI files have linked to their appropriate icon files as shown by the POI listing. Only some of them will show up on the map when 'Show POI on Map' is selected.

At first I suspected the icon files were not in the proper format. As I said above, I changed their format to be all the same. Doing this did not fix the issue. Some still show and some do not.

Any help would be appreciated.

--
bob TomTom 730T App:9.465 Map: North_America_2GB v900.4602 Win XP Pro(SP3) TT Home 2.9.2.2837

Icons

If the icons are missing for a complete poi file.The biggest problems with the alerts and icons not working are the files not being named the same except for extensions and having double extensions. Double-check each of them. The best way to prevent double extensions is to go to your folder options in the control panel and click view then find hide extensions for known file types and remove the check mark. Click ok.This is for XP.

Zoom in real close to see by chance if two icons are at the same coordinates covering up the custom one.

--
Charlie. Nuvi 265 WT,Nuvi 2597 LMT and Garmin Viago.

Thanks for the response....

Thanks charlesd45 for the quick response.

I have checked the folder settings for XP and it is as you said. Checked and double checked for same name except for the extensions and they are correct. Also checked for double extension and none found.

I am beginning to suspect that the actual POI .ov2 file maybe at fault.

I wonder if taking the .ov2 file and using poiedit to convert it to .cvs file and then back to .ov2 file would possibly fix the problem.

If you, or anyone else, has any more suggestions I can try I would certainly appreciate it.

--
bob TomTom 730T App:9.465 Map: North_America_2GB v900.4602 Win XP Pro(SP3) TT Home 2.9.2.2837

Fixed the problem.....

I don't why but when I used Extra_POI_Editor to convert the .ov2 files to .cvs and then back to .ov2 it worked just fine. I would think that POI Editor would also work.

They all show up on the Map Browser now.

Don't know why I need to do this but it did work. The POI files that I downloaded came from this site as a .ov2 file. Maybe something is happening with the converter being used on this site.

--
bob TomTom 730T App:9.465 Map: North_America_2GB v900.4602 Win XP Pro(SP3) TT Home 2.9.2.2837

POI Editor Batch Convert Worked

I had the same problem with my 540-WE, but not the XL-330. I performed a batch convert with POIEdit to google .kml and then back to a .ov2 and everything started working on the 540.

sponsored links



Navigation



User login

Leave this blank! This field helps block spambots.

poi factory



Who's online

There are currently 14 users and 67 guests online.

Online users

  • royalmain
  • bwarden
  • mustangt5
  • sirwop
  • JonSCSL
  • AllenCK
  • mmullins98
  • rjrsw
  • tomnagy
  • fatboy95th