Height v17

 

Height 17

See, I was right, now the newest version is 17!

Just like a broken clock----it's right at least twice a day!

Height Version 17

spitfirer wrote:

See, I was right, now the newest version is 17!

Just like a broken clock----it's right at least twice a day!

You da MAN!!!! LOL

Love that Program

Thanks!

I really love that program!

Height v17.

What does this program do?

--
Nuvi 660. Nuvi 40 Check out. www.houserentalsorlando.com Irish Saying. A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest.

What It Does

Irish FX4 wrote:

What does this program do?

It is a TomTom only 3rd party program that displays your altitude above sea level on the navigation page.

Works Great

This program really works great!

I wouldn't use it for flying though!

It is great as a reference though.

now, how do i install it ?

tendriver wrote:
Irish FX4 wrote:

What does this program do?

It is a TomTom only 3rd party program that displays your altitude above sea level on the navigation page.

--
Garmin nuvi 2455 - nuvi 350, 260 (spares) - my other toys: IMac quad-core i3, Mac Mini, MacOS: Mojave 10.14.6/Catalina 10.15.7. and introducing The Beast, a 2013 Dodge Charger Pursuit and his Garmin DriveSmart 5. The dog's name is Ginger.

Installation

renegade734 wrote:
tendriver wrote:
Irish FX4 wrote:

What does this program do?

It is a TomTom only 3rd party program that displays your altitude above sea level on the navigation page.

Installation
Just extract the package, extract the "cab"-file in it and throw the file and the two directories in it onto your TT, root (topmost) directory. It is not compatible with TTMPlayer and will not work from scratch with ExecutionHelper, Timesync and Daylight. (You'd need to install Height, rename ttn to ttn.old and re-install ExecutionHelper) Height is shown only on the navigation screen, geoidal separation and position on screen are customizable via config-file, and it supports imperial units.

Configuration
When the program is correctly configured, it should only show the altimeter on the navigation screen. If you come to the navigation screen and the only thing you see is a number with one to five digits without a unit, then that is not your height but that screens "id". Remember that id, change to day- or night-mode (whereever you weren't), and remember that number as well. Then connect your TT to your computer and modify the height.cfg in the Height-directory: Change the number behind the "d" and the "n" to the values you got in day- and night-mode. After disconnecting and starting the TT, you should have a unit behind the number in the navigation-screen, that's the height. And it should only be visible on the navigation-screen.

height 17

Hi i tried to install it but no luck, what is a execution helper? can you help me pls.
thanks

Install Help

tnt wrote:

Hi i tried to install it but no luck, what is a execution helper? can you help me pls.
thanks

It will be hard to help you, without any details about your device.

I have a TT one xxl 530 or

I have a TT one xxl 530 or so, i tried to install helper put the files you said in the right folder (download complete) tt home said no items on the computer, dont no whats wrong with it

Height

tnt wrote:

I have a TT one xxl 530 or so, i tried to install helper put the files you said in the right folder (download complete) tt home said no items on the computer, dont no whats wrong with it

You don't need the Execution Helper. Unzip the downloaded Height 17.cab. Copy the Height & ttninit folders + the ttn file into your devices. Open the Height folder. Open the height.cfg file with notepad to configure it for you units.

Well i did that and wont

Well i did that and wont work either, when i copy the ttn file in the root of my TT it reboots all the time, i did create a height folder on my TT and copied all the files in there, but no luck either,
thanks for your help

Did you read the Help Section at his Website?

When you extract the "cab" file you should have a Height and ttninit folders. You should also have two files, Height.toc and ttn.

Place all of these in your root directory.

You can edit the height.cfg file in the Height folder by opening it with Wordpad.

Check the Help section of his home page.

Doing the above should work for all TomToms

Manual Installation

spitfirer wrote:

When you extract the "cab" file you should have a Height and ttninit folders. You should also have two files, Height.toc and ttn.

Place all of these in your root directory.

You can edit the height.cfg file in the Height folder by opening it with Wordpad.

Check the Help section of his home page.

Doing the above should work for all TomToms

Thanx for the confirmation. This is exactly what I said, with 1 exception, 1 post above yours. The .toc file is not used in a manual installation & should be ignored.

Its working now, i used

Its working now, i used winzip to unpack it, wrong i tried a different one and its all good now, thanks for your time and help

Success

tnt wrote:

Its working now, i used winzip to unpack it, wrong i tried a different one and its all good now, thanks for your time and help

You are Welcome!! Enjoy!!

Height 17 Update

Version 17 is still current. However it is now auto-installed from it's website

http://gps.dg4sfw.de/index.php/menuid=57