Moab Utah - Sovereign Trail
Raw file: Moab Utah - Sovereign Trail.csv (347 bytes)
Includes 7 locations in the following area:
- United States: UT
Few OHV experiences can rival the fun of riding an ATV in Utah’s Moab backcountry. An endless variety of undulating and challenging terrain combined with spectacular scenery provide an unforgettable experience.
It’s easy to find your way around the small town of Moab. Main St (Hwy 191) runs north and south all the way through town. Center St and Main St, where Moab Information Center is located, marks the center of town. If you need lodging or camping, it is a good idea to call well in advance.
There are several places in Moab to rent ATV’s. Check www.discovermoab.com/autorental.htm for latest information or just drive down Main St. You should check Utah’s OHV Laws (http://stateparks.utah.gov/stateparks/ohv) or call 800-648-7433.
Using your GPS for each trail
I have included Way Points for the trail. Also, in the description below, I have included complete instructions on the trail. I would print or copy the instructions off if you plan on using these Way Points.
Highlights: Narrow, winding trails over sand and slickrock. Most routes are cleary marked. Single-track trails are for dirt bikes and mountain bikes only. The central loop is a mix of easy and moderate trails. Small rock ledges and mildly steep hills are scattered along the trail. Route-finding is challenging at times. The northern and southern loops are more difficult. The southern loop has a very steep hill that is difficult in both directions. Only advanced riders should attempt this hill.
Getting There: From Moab, take Hwy 191 north. Turn right on Dalton Well Road 0.6 miles north of mile marker 139 about 3 miles after Highway 313.
- Staging (mile 0) – Head northeast from staging area on Dalton Well Road.
- WP1 (miles 1.5/0.0) – Bear right off Dalton Well Road at major fork.
- (miles 0.3) – Bear right on sandy ATV trail. Look for sign.
- (miles 2.4) – Stay right.
- WP2 (miles 3.9) – After passing through barbed wire gate, you reach Willow Springs Road. Turn left to stay on central loop.
- (miles 4.1) – Trail on right at small greenish building marks eastern half of southern loop. Note steep hill.
- WP3 (miles 4.2) – Turn left off Willow Springs Road onto marked ATV loop.
- (miles 4.8) – Stay right where single-track trail goes left in wash. Do not go on single track unless you are riding a dirt bike or mountain bike.
- WP4 (miles 6.5) – After steep hills, turn left off Pipeline Road. This is a very important turn that is easy to miss. Look for sign.
- (miles 7.1) – Turn right at “T.”
- WP5 (miles 7.6) – Climb over rocky ridge, then continue straight where road joins on left. Follow undefined trail east over slickrock. Stay to left aro;und base of rocky hillside.
- WP6 (miles 8.6) – Bear left at “T” and climb out of shallow valley.
- (miles 8.7) – Stay right where single-track trail joins on left.
- (miles 9.7) – Continue straight. Left is trail you’ve already done.
- WP1 (miles 10.0) – Bear left on Dalton Well Road.
- Staging (mile 11.5) – Return to start.