New nüvi 1490T

 

Garmin has just introduced the nüvi 1490T GPSr. Supposedly it's "25 percent slimmer than most nüvi models" and has a 5-inch screen.

Read more here:
http://www.engadget.com/2009/04/16/garmin-intros-super-sleek...

Nuvi 7x5t

halofan wrote:

Garmin has just introduced the nüvi 1490T GPSr. Supposedly it's "25 percent slimmer than most nüvi models" and has a 5-inch screen.

Read more here:
http://www.engadget.com/2009/04/16/garmin-intros-super-sleek-5-inch-nuvi-1490t-navigator/

Does anyone know how the features for the 1490t compare with those of the 7x5 models.

?

bsp131 wrote:

Does anyone know how the features for the 1490t compare with those of the 7x5 models.

Are you aware that the Garmin site has a wonderful way to checkmark the units you want to compare and then hit the "Compare" button and the specs are displayed side-by-side?
https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?cID=134

--
Nuvi 660 -- and not upgrading it or maps until Garmin fixes long-standing bugs/problems, and get maps to where they are much more current, AND corrected on a more timely basis when advised of mistakes.

nuvi 5000 vs 1490t

As some of you know, I am unhappy with my nuvi 5000 and when I saw the announcement about the 1490t, I became hopeful that it would have a screen similar to to the 5000 screen but, without the problems I have experienced.

Unfortunately the screen resolution of the 1490t (480x272 pixels) is disappointing when compared with the 5000 (800x480 pixels).

I will wait to read some reviews but, I am no longer hopeful.

--
iMac 20", 10.5.6, NUVI 5000

Some difference...

bsp131 wrote:
halofan wrote:

Garmin has just introduced the nüvi 1490T GPSr. Supposedly it's "25 percent slimmer than most nüvi models" and has a 5-inch screen.

Read more here:
http://www.engadget.com/2009/04/16/garmin-intros-super-sleek-5-inch-nuvi-1490t-navigator/

Does anyone know how the features for the 1490t compare with those of the 7x5 models.

Slim version has pedestrian mode with additional map purchase for mass transit stuff but lacking 3D building in 7x5, probably due to a lesser CPU.

Jeff

As recommended go to the

As recommended go to the Garmin site to compare there is a huge difference..... 7X5 has many more features.

--
Nuvi 765T, Street Pilot I5, Nuvi 750, Nuvi 3570

thanks.

tampa8 wrote:

As recommended go to the Garmin site to compare there is a huge difference..... 7X5 has many more features.

Pedestrian mode is nice though.

1490T Review Posted

Merge Please

--
Nuvi 3790LMT, Nuvi 760 Lifetime map, Lifetime NavTraffic, Garmin E-Trex Legend Just because "Everyone" drives badly does not mean you have to.

Garmin 1490t

I have had very bad luck with the 1490t.
After loading the new software the unit cuts on , says loading maps, then cuts off.
I have sent 3 units back to garmin, but every one does the same thing. the last time I asked for a gps of same value in exchange, have not heard from them.
I have had 5 garmins & I think this will be my last.

--
I have 3 GPS: Garmin nuvi 1690 Magellan Maestro 4700 Garmin 3760 LMT