I'm loading my first POI's into my Garmin C550 equiped with a SD Card. I have already downloaded (POI loader) and have two files in the folder Garmin POI. One of the files is the red light cameras and the other is a list of all Casinos in the U.S. What I would like to do is put red light cameras in the Garmin memory and the Casinos in the SD Card. I have three questions?
1. Can I do both at the same time when loading to the
2. If not can both files reside in the POI folder while
just loading one of them?
3. Will POI loader let me decide what to load?
I have done searches in POI Factory to get this information but so far all files that I have read stop short of telling me what I might expect when starting this load.
Any help would be appreciated.
What I would like to do is put red light cameras in the Garmin memory and the Casinos in the SD Card. I have three questions?
1. You need to run POI-Loader twice, once for the internal and once for the SD card. Follow the method in #2 and point to the Internal folder for loading files into the memory and the External folder for loading to the SD card.
2. Easiest method would be to have two folders within your main POI folder. In my case I have a folder called Internal and another called External. Keep all files that you want to load internally in one folder and externally in the other. (See #3 for another method).
3. You do have the option in POI-Loader 2.4.0 (beta) in manual mode to decide to skip any file on a case by case basis, however it is easier to work with the two folder method as each time you run POI-Loader you do not have to decide on each POI file. Also, you can run it in automatic mode.
Thanks much, for the time you took answer my post
terms | privacy | contactCopyright © 2006-2020