Lost .gtt files

 

Well, not paying attention, I deleted the .gtt files. Downloading and installing the updates via the updater only restored the British English gtt files. I can't get the American English files restored.

I have a Nuvi 760. I did look at several previous threads about restoring the files from the hidden Recycle Bin, but on Vista Home Premium, and Windows XP, no Recycle Bin shows up. Yes I know how to show hidden files and folders. They still don't show.

If anyone can help me out with those two files, I would greatly appreciate it.

--
Frank DriveSmart55 37.322760, -79.511267

Anybody?

Bump.

--
Frank DriveSmart55 37.322760, -79.511267

.

If WebUpdater didn't restore them, then you need to call Garmin and they will get them back for you.

Once you get them backup, you might want to back up the entire nuvi drive to your computer in case this happens again.

.

phranc wrote:

Well, not paying attention, I deleted the .gtt files. Downloading and installing the updates via the updater only restored the British English gtt files. I can't get the American English files restored.

I just had a look through the backup of my 760 - it doesn't look like it ever had any 'American English" .gtt files!...

What were the file names?

--
------------------------ Phil Hornby, Stockport, England ----------------------               http://GeePeeEx.com - Garmin POI Creation made easy           »      

They many never have been there!

Just looked at my 760 backup files in the Text directory with the .gtt files and there are only 37 total files and none are titled english or American_English so maybe they were never there. The only two with English in the title are:

British_English.gtt
British_English_Trf.gtt

--
GM Built-in Navigation system - Samsung S6 Edge+ Smartphone with Garmin Viago, Google Maps & HERE Apps

Hmmm

Well, perhaps that wasn't what I deleted. Maybe I shouldn't have been doing this so late at night.

After some inspection and comparison, it may have been the two American_English files I deleted from the Voice directory. I was trying to delete all the non English voices and screwed up between control+click and shift+click and deleted the wrong set of files.

So, it looks as if I did get the correct files back with the update. Jill seems to be working ok, and I managed to avoid upgrading from 3.20 to 4.10.

So, thanks for the reassurance. This completes the Emergency Lather-up test. Had it been a real Emergency I would have been directed to the proper place.

Tempest in a Teapot.

--
Frank DriveSmart55 37.322760, -79.511267