Garmin Communitor Plugin

 

Hi,

I recently bought a new laptop with Vista and I could not get the communicator plugin to talk to my unit. I tested the plugin from the Garmin website just fine but everytime I tried to download the location from google map to my Garmin in either IE7 or FF3.0 I got the error that asked me to check the plugin. Did anyone have success with communicator plugin in Vista? I had no issue with either XP or 2000.

Jeff

Works on my Vista computers!

jeffH70 wrote:

Hi,

I recently bought a new laptop with Vista and I could not get the communicator plugin to talk to my unit. I tested the plugin from the Garmin website just fine but everytime I tried to download the location from google map to my Garmin in either IE7 or FF3.0 I got the error that asked me to check the plugin. Did anyone have success with communicator plugin in Vista? I had no issue with either XP or 2000.

Jeff

I download to my 760 from Google Maps through the Garmin site on my desktop running Vista Ultimate and my laptop running Vista premium without any problems

--
GM Built-in Navigation system - Samsung S6 Edge+ Smartphone with Garmin Viago, Google Maps & HERE Apps

Symptoms?

In what step does it fail?

I have no issues with Vista Business on my Sony LT, or with Vista Business on my MacBook.

works for me

My computer at home has Vista on it and I am able to send favorites from Google maps to my Nuvi 360 with no problem.

--
Garmin Streetpilot c340, Garmin Nuvi 360

.

Works on mine with Vista in Firefox.

Be sure that you are allowing Active X.

Works under Firefox 2.0.0.16

Wonder if it has anything to do with IE7 or FF 3.0?

I ask, because the Garmin site says -- "IBM-compatible PCs running Windows® 2000, XP or Vista operating systems with Internet Explorer 6+ or Firefox 1.5+"

The communicator plug-in Version 2.6.1.0 works great on my HP with Vista Home Premium and FF 2.0.0.16. Maybe someone else can answer questions about their success running the communicator plug-in under IE 7 or FF 3.0.

.

Works in Vista Home Premium in Firefox 3.0.1 and in IE 7. Flawlessly.

jeffH70 wrote: Hi, I

jeffH70 wrote:

Hi,

I recently bought a new laptop with Vista and I could not get the communicator plugin to talk to my unit. I tested the plugin from the Garmin website just fine but everytime I tried to download the location from google map to my Garmin in either IE7 or FF3.0 I got the error that asked me to check the plugin. Did anyone have success with communicator plugin in Vista? I had no issue with either XP or 2000.

Jeff

Like others, it works OK on my Vista Home Premium with both IE and Firefox (and XP too).

Do you have 32-bit or 64-bit Vista?

Which nuvi model do you have? (Your profile shows a non-Garmin i-Blue 73)

--
Nüvi 2595LMT

Thanks for confirming operation with FF 3.0 and IE 7

Motorcycle Mama wrote:

Works in Vista Home Premium in Firefox 3.0.1 and in IE 7. Flawlessly.

MM - thanks for confirming. I simply have not taken the time to upgrade to FF 3.0.1 yet. Good to know that I should not face any problems smile

Nuvi200

I had Nuvi 200. I used the exact setting with my XP and even the same on Norton 360II firewall setting. That was really weird. The error message is "Sorry, we were unable to send this message at this time. Please visit the help page." Does anyone enable UAC control, ie that annoyed prompt? The suck part is that any other operation on Vista is fine except the plugin and the plugin test passed without any issue.

Jeff

I have the Nuvi 260 and it

I have the Nuvi 260 and it work fine with the comps I have. I'm running xp on one and Vista on the rest. I also have exploer 8 and google chrome.

--
http://uss-silversides.com

I wonder

I wonder if this has anything to do with Norton 360? I had Norton 360 II and it seems this might be the problem. Anyone uses Norton 360 here?

Jeff

PLUGIN

jeffH70 wrote:

I wonder if this has anything to do with Norton 360? I had Norton 360 II and it seems this might be the problem. Anyone uses Norton 360 here?

Jeff

am using Norton 360 ver-2.0 it palys best with Vista, ultimate, i have no issues with the plugin works great for me!

--
Everyday is a GREAT day :)

works for me

works for me