I was offered a free 2009 Upgrade for my newly refurbed Nuvi 360. When I got to the page for downloading map updated, I selected the MAC download.
Redirected to another page where I go this access error msg.
You don't have permission to access "http://downloads.garmin.com/rmu_cnnant2009.dmg" on this server.
I reported the error to Product Support. Their reply was that it is a known issue and they're working on it. No target date mentioned.
Just a heads up to those of us in the Mac World.
I downloaded the update just fine (I'm running 10.5). I'm installing it now. I'll let you know how it goes.
I running OS X 10.4.11 and did not have that problem.
I was surprised how smooth everything went.
After the install, I launched Bobcat and the 2009 map
had to be selected, but it was there too.
Everything went fine with my Nuvi 360.
Hope you get it all sorted out.
I've got the same Access Denied error message.
I'm using OS 10.4.11
I've got a Nuvi 350 and am trying to download the 2009 map update.
I'm currently on hold with Garmin - have been for the past 30 min so I might as well stay on the line and see if they have anything new to add for this problem.
I'll keep y'all posted...
i got a similar error when using safari but everything went perfectly when i switched to firefox.
No problem downloading the update and installing on my 660 -- wasn't quite expecting the install to take an hour, but when I thought about the amount of data that had to be shoveled over the USB link, it made sense. Downloaded using my dual G5/10.5.2, installed using my macbook, also 10.5.2.
I am using an IMac 1.25 GHz PowerPC G4, OS X 10.4.1 and Safari 3.0.4.
Too cheap to jump to Leopard and scared of Safari 3.1 after reading some comments on MacFixit.com. I see that there is Safari 3.1.1 now.
I might have an old copy of Firefox somewhere but I think I'll give Garmin a chance.
Thanks for the additional info and success stories, everyone.
Used my Imac 1.83 intel and firefox to download the update. Took a while so I kicked back my feet and enjoyed some coffee.
I got tired of waiting for an announced solution from Garmin since I had a trip to Long Island coming on the Victoria Day weekend.
I used an old copy of Firefox and was able to install the update on both my GPS and on the Mac. I got really brave and downloaded Bobcat before trying the update so now have the 2009 maps in both places.
Still no e-mail from Garmin announcing a solution.
I tried to load 2009 map cd onto my nuvi 350 and had trouble so I called tech support and the tech took control of my computer and started deleting files on my garmin and said there was a glitch with the software but he could down load a patch that would fix it.....well fix it it did it gave me a white screen so I had to send it back to garmin.....we are going on vacation next Saturday and I am afraid that I won't have it back by then......Any body ever send their unit back to garmin?? How long did the return unit take??
I downloaded the 2009 update yesterday and other than taking about 7 hours to dl and an hour to install, everything went perfect. Can't see much difference, but hey, it was free...
Garmin posted a support solution to my problem
Support Solution number is 1747.
Let me save you reading it.
In summary, it says Use Firefox if you have a Mac,
The one in Canada
use firefox-safari sux!
i tried safari-no good
Used Netscape w/Garmin download manager, and had all sorts of problems. The file size got allocated from the beginning, and the restart would not always restart from where it left.
The fact that it allocates the whole space (2Gb) upfront, means that if it crashes, you can't tell how far it got.
3rd attempt crashed in the middle, but the restart did continue from where it had left, so it finally worked fine.
Total download accumulated to about 16 Hrs, including all attempts, with High Speed Internet.
NB. Windows XP & Netscape.
I also had a white screen. I sent it on a Tuesday. They received it on Thursday.(USPS Priority Flat box Rate) Without any warning or knowledge one week later I have it sitting in my front door.
Got my new Garmin 260W yesterday, downloaded the 2009 file via Comcast to my Intel Mac using 10.5 (took 50 minutes). Next, uploaded to my Garmin (took about 45 minutes). Everything works fine from here.
terms | privacy | contactCopyright © 2006-2020