new & interesting places for your GPS

POI conversion

 

Hi,

Is there any program that can convert a .POI to a .CSV? I tried to open a .POI with the Magellan POI editor and all what I got is ASCI code.

Thanks

Check out the site below.

Check out the site below. This program actually edits and converts gpx, cvs and kml files.

http://geepeeex.googlepages.com/home

POI editor

gilligan wrote:

Is there any program that can convert a .POI to a .CSV? I tried to open a .POI with the Magellan POI editor and all what I got is ASCI code.

The POI editor isn't too versitile. It only takes a select few types of files as an input and only outputs .mgln.

Where did you get the .poi file in the first place?

P.S. Do a search here for Magellan POI editor or Maestro POI editor. Some good posts should show up.

--
Magellan Maestro 4250// MIO C310X

POI editor

Hi guys,

Thanks for your help. I got the POI (6 m POIs) from Rapidshare. Here is the link to the website where I found the link.

http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview.aspx?catid=66&thread...

The message says there's 2 files, but after I unzipped them, I found out that the second file is empty.

Thanks a lot and have a good one

Magellan Maestro 3225 North America.

POI conversion

Hi,

Thanks for your help. Just checked the website. That program is Garmin only. I have a Maestro 3225.

Some clarification

gilligan wrote:

The message says there's 2 files, but after I unzipped them, I found out that the second file is empty.

Well then you did something wrong or don't understand how the process works. You start out with 2 files but end up with only one.....after combining the two together and then unzipping.
Read the instructions again....very carefully.

And then, no, the POI editor won't read a .poi file. It is in a proprietary format that they don't want you to be able to read.

The converter program has it's primary purpose with Garmin's but if it is capable of outputing a .csv file then it is potentially useful no matter what brand of GPS you have.

--
Magellan Maestro 4250// MIO C310X

Nice. good to know.

Nice. good to know.

POI conversion

gilligan wrote:

Hi,

Is there any program that can convert a .POI to a .CSV? I tried to open a .POI with the Magellan POI editor and all what I got is ASCI code.

Thanks

You can do this with EXCEL. Open the MGLN file with the Magellan POI Editor. Highlight the data you want, copy and paste it into an EXCEL worksheet. You can then save it in any of the supported formats.

em

Open a .POI file

crossnet wrote:
gilligan wrote:

Hi,

Is there any program that can convert a .POI to a .CSV? I tried to open a .POI with the Magellan POI editor and all what I got is ASCI code.

Thanks

You can do this with EXCEL. Open the MGLN file................

Good reminder of how handy cut and paste IS but that's not the question he was asking. He is wanting to open a .POI file.......a file who's name actually ends in .POI.

mrgreen

--
Magellan Maestro 4250// MIO C310X

.

Try GPS Babel.

http://www.gpsbabel.org/

sponsored links