Chatty Charley thread for the week of February 18th 2008

 

This is the place to talk about things that are not gps related, you can discuss whatever you would like, as long as it is clean. Remember we have families that have their children involved in the GPS fun and we don't want to make parents feel uncomfortable when their children ask what that word means.

Have fun...

This thread will be closed on Monday and a new one will be opened.

Miss Poi

Just figured I would post,

Just figured I would post, since I was the namesake of this thread.

--
Charley - Nuvi 350 - Bel STI Driver - Cobra 29 w/ wilson 1000 - AIM: asianfire -

Beautiful day in da 'hood

Blowing snow, 5 degrees air temp, wind chills to 20 below zero....global warming is a myth.... smile

--
*Keith* MacBook Pro *wifi iPad(2012) w/BadElf GPS & iPhone6 + Navigon*

Raining, melting, flooding

It was 30 degrees yesterday, 50 plus degrees today, and will be 20 degrees colder tomorrow. Ahh New England.

--
Originator of Keeping Your Windmill Alive. Live in MA & have a cooking website. 6 yr. member. http://kitchentoysmakecookingfun.blogspot.com/

Woo-Hoo!

Iron Maiden concert tomorrow night! Yeah! \m/

--
bombos, Garmin nuvi 1450LMT

Beautiful day!!!!!

Keith...
59 and mostly cloudy today. Rest of the week rain shower.
No snow plow needed yet. Along the coast in Southern California.
Heehehehe lol
joemac

--
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming---WOW!! WHAT A RIDE!!!" Member 2854

beautiful day

I was a nice day here in north tx. I was able to smoke to brisketts

--

;-)

tiffany wrote:

I was a nice day here in north tx. I was able to smoke to brisketts

Smoking is bad for your health! lol

--
Garmin GPS V, Garmin Streetpilot 2610, Garmin Nuvi 760

smoking

plainodude wrote:
tiffany wrote:

I was a nice day here in north tx. I was able to smoke to brisketts

Smoking is bad for your health! lol

That kind tho is soooooooo good, done me some ribs and chicken this last weekend.

--
Jerry...Jacksonville,Fl Nüvi1450,Nuvi650,Nuvi 2495 and Mapsource.

Try this to relieve boredom

If you're bored at work here's something that you can try: http://bored.com/boomshine/index.htm

Oh, and turn up the sound while you're at it! smile

ML

--
Freedom isn't free...thank you veterans! Heard about the tests to detect PANCREATIC CANCER? There aren't any! In Memoriam: #77 NYPD-SCA/Seattle Mike/Joe S./Vinny D./RTC!

BAR-B-Q

Will be eating a lot of this at the Houston Livestock show and rodeo Bar-B-Q cook off at the end of this month. 330 teams entered for the competition. BTW the weather is in the 60s and 70s, feel bad for all of you in the north.

--
Sandman --------Nuvi 370

temp

Bless your heart. Hee Hee 86 and the sun is shinning here in Okeechobee FL. James grin

--
Traveling on my Mind. Nuvi 1450 - Etrex Legend CX Nuvii 54 - Garmin Nuvii 65LM

Wild Winter

jdj47 wrote:

Bless your heart. Hee Hee 86 and the sun is shinning here in Okeechobee FL. James grin

I was ice drinking....uhh I mean fishing up in Lake of the Woods on the Canada/Minnesota border over the weekend and the "actual" temperature, not with wind chill....temperature was -38 degrees.
One of the group who lives in southern California came and it was 68 degrees when he left home. Talk about shocking your body with extreme temps.
Thank God for heated fish houses wink

--
******************Garmin Nüvi 1300T****************Member 6523*******************

Dinner

Making dinner for the the family. My 19 month old daughter is fist feeding herself rice. My 6 year daughter is dancing to Hannah Montana, my wife is working late as usual and I am eating standing up...as usual

--
Garmin Nuvi 660, GTM 20 Traffic Receiver, eTrex Vista HCx, Mapsource US Topo Maps 2008, Mapsource MetroGuide USA V.5 with MetroGold

Just think how cold it would be if we car drivers>>>

kch50428 wrote:

Blowing snow, 5 degrees air temp, wind chills to 20 below zero....global warming is a myth.... smile

weren't destroying the atmosphere smile "Man", as a species, has a far too high opinion of itself smile The explosions on and of Krakatoa are widely thought to have dump more pollutants into the air than all that were manmade, ever...yet we persist in believing that ultimately we shall beat Mother Nature...all I can say is...

The Sky is Falling, The Sky is Falling!

Regards, Ted

--
"You can't get there from here"

We can do something about this!

TMK wrote:
kch50428 wrote:

Blowing snow, 5 degrees air temp, wind chills to 20 below zero....global warming is a myth.... smile

weren't destroying the atmosphere smile "Man", as a species, has a far too high opinion of itself smile The explosions on and of Krakatoa are widely thought to have dump more pollutants into the air than all that were manmade, ever...yet we persist in believing that ultimately we shall beat Mother Nature...all I can say is...

The Sky is Falling, The Sky is Falling!

Regards, Ted

I keep wondering when someone is going to "connect the dots" on this whole issue. As global warming is occurring, and it seems that human activity is contributing to it, it seems like maybe we should do something about it. Remember Carl Sagan and Nuclear Winter? There are certainly still plenty of nuclear weapons around. If we can properly calculate the number of nuclear weapons to detonate (that are just sitting there anyhow) necessary to create a more stable climate, is it not our duty to do so?

By the way I am just kidding! But it does show how illogical (or logical) we can be. rolleyes

--
Ted in Ohio, c340, 1490T with lifetime maps

Ramiele Malubay (American Idol)

Ramiele Malubay is going to be my next wife the next time I upgrade. She was best singer for me last night.

--
Charley - Nuvi 350 - Bel STI Driver - Cobra 29 w/ wilson 1000 - AIM: asianfire -

Living Dangerously

asianfire wrote:

Ramiele Malubay is going to be my next wife the next time I upgrade. She was best singer for me last night.

Obviously Mrs. Asianfire must not read this board or that "upgrade" may come sooner than you think.

But I agree that she was one of the best last night and I hope she makes it to the final 12.

--
I plan to live forever. So far, so good.

Yeah, she doesn't read this

Yeah, she doesn't read this board, if she did, she might become Mrs. DOUBTfire...lol.

--
Charley - Nuvi 350 - Bel STI Driver - Cobra 29 w/ wilson 1000 - AIM: asianfire -

Addicting

Mike L. wrote:

If you're bored at work here's something that you can try: http://bored.com/boomshine/index.htm

Oh, and turn up the sound while you're at it! smile

ML

Now I'll never get anything done! Fun site, but if you have a competitive personality, stay away. smile

Edit: 45 min. later
YES!! Made it to level 12 - Score 248

Now, back to work. lol

--
Originator of Keeping Your Windmill Alive. Live in MA & have a cooking website. 6 yr. member. http://kitchentoysmakecookingfun.blogspot.com/

Global warming etc

GREAT web site for lookning into the Worlds Problems..in the 2004 Concensus some of these problems I would have never had guess and I guess that is why we americans are very shelterd in our thoughts and views!

http://www.copenhagenconsensus.com/Default.aspx?ID=788

They looked at the problems from a ROI for every $1 we put into the research or cure what was the ROI..some very interesting thoughts and they are looking at a 2008 concensus!

--
It's those changes in latitudes, changes in attitudes nothing remains quite the same. With all of our running and all of our cunning, If we couldn't laugh, we would all go insane.

Beautiful day!!!!!

joemac wrote:

Keith...
59 and mostly cloudy today. Rest of the week rain shower.
No snow plow needed yet. Along the coast in Southern California.
Heehehehe lol
joemac

--
Using Android Based GPS.The above post and my sig reflects my own opinions, expressed for the purpose of informing or inspiring, not commanding. Naturally, you are free to reject or embrace whatever you read.

Now I cant stop playing!

Thanks a lot. I'll never get my work done now. And it's your fault! smile

--
Gage with a nuvi 350 and 200

Really bored

CherylMASS wrote:
Mike L. wrote:

If you're bored at work here's something that you can try: http://bored.com/boomshine/index.htm

Oh, and turn up the sound while you're at it! smile

ML

Now I'll never get anything done! Fun site, but if you have a competitive personality, stay away. smile

Edit: 45 min. later
YES!! Made it to level 12 - Score 248

Now, back to work. lol

Yes!! level 12... 256, that's half an hour I can never get back shock

--
Garmin Nuvi360, Nuvi760, eTrex Vista HCx, Oregon 300

Music...music...music

speedy wrote:
CherylMASS wrote:
Mike L. wrote:

If you're bored at work here's something that you can try: http://bored.com/boomshine/index.htm

Oh, and turn up the sound while you're at it! smile

ML

Now I'll never get anything done! Fun site, but if you have a competitive personality, stay away. smile

Edit: 45 min. later
YES!! Made it to level 12 - Score 248

Now, back to work. lol

Yes!! level 12... 256, that's half an hour I can never get back shock

But wasn't the music both relaxing and soothing? wink

ML

--
Freedom isn't free...thank you veterans! Heard about the tests to detect PANCREATIC CANCER? There aren't any! In Memoriam: #77 NYPD-SCA/Seattle Mike/Joe S./Vinny D./RTC!

hi

Just stopping in to say hey. Just got out of the hospital and I'll be off work for a few days.

--
http://uss-silversides.com

what better place to recover

what better place to recover then on here! Take care of yourself and don't get over excited reading the board.

Seriously, hope you get well soon.

--
Charley - Nuvi 350 - Bel STI Driver - Cobra 29 w/ wilson 1000 - AIM: asianfire -

Paula Abdul

Man, she still got it after all of these years. For those that don't know they ran a video of her new video. She looks as sexy as when she was young, but she doesn't move as much...lol.

Watching it now on American Idol (-5:00 GMT)

--
Charley - Nuvi 350 - Bel STI Driver - Cobra 29 w/ wilson 1000 - AIM: asianfire -

Nevada earthquake

A couple years ago on a return trip from the NW, we actually stayed at a Motel 8 in Wells, NV. The only choice and it was getting late. The news reported this area was near the epicenter. Wells had a gas station, motel and combo resturant-brothel.

--
Garmin nüvi 1390

All the necessities of life,

All the necessities of life, huh? LOL.

--
Charley - Nuvi 350 - Bel STI Driver - Cobra 29 w/ wilson 1000 - AIM: asianfire -

combo resturant-brothel?

Doesn't get any better! smile

--
sewisdom - Drive carefully. The life you save... may be someone who owes you money!

~

I can't say what I'm thinkin' right now....if I did, Miss Poi would show me the door.... smile

--
*Keith* MacBook Pro *wifi iPad(2012) w/BadElf GPS & iPhone6 + Navigon*

The mind in the gutter,

The mind in the gutter, eh?

A dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste.

--
nüvi 750 & 760

And I always thought...

spider_elliott wrote:

The mind in the gutter, eh?

A dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste.

...it was, "A waste is a terrible thing to mind!"

Some food for thought! wink

Mike

--
Freedom isn't free...thank you veterans! Heard about the tests to detect PANCREATIC CANCER? There aren't any! In Memoriam: #77 NYPD-SCA/Seattle Mike/Joe S./Vinny D./RTC!

Caching

Off on my first caching trip with my new Colorado! grin

--
Garmin Etrex Vista, Streetpilot 2610, GPSMap 60Csx, Nüvi 750, Colorado 400t, Nüvi 3790t

Florida sunny and warm

kch50428
80°/64°F today
80°/64°F Sat

77°/58°F Sun

76°/57°F Mon

--
Charlie. Nuvi 265 WT and Nuvi 2597 LMT. MapFactor - Offline Maps & GPS.

From the opposite corner of the lower 48

charlesd45 wrote:

kch50428
80°/64°F today
80°/64°F Sat
77°/58°F Sun
76°/57°F Mon

Using my best comedian voice....

"I hate you. Very, very much!" wink

Actually, I can't complain. At least it was above freezing today.

--
nüvi 750 & 760

from washington state

it has been great here, cool but good ,to bad all my jobs has been in the mud-definately makes for a miserable day.for the most part mid to upper 40's sometimes lower 50's

Weather Report -

Guess we're in for it in Northern CA for the next couple of days. Suppose to have 2" of rain in a as many days with wind up to 65 mph. "How long can you tread water? Hope I don't get flooded out - did that once when I was a kid. Don't choose to repeat the process. Hope everyones' weather is better than mine, at least until the rain stops. Don't tell me it's liquid sun shine - I'm not buying it. Every one have a great week end.

Time release rain vs flood

I'll take snow vs flash flood...and it won't be cold for much longer...it'll change soon- like July maybe smile

--
*Keith* MacBook Pro *wifi iPad(2012) w/BadElf GPS & iPhone6 + Navigon*

I agree. Ramiel Malubay in American Idol was good.

Such a big voice from a small person.

--
vvitug

For Charley

Hey Charley - 1 year today being a member !

I'd yell "YAHOO" but this is "THE POI FACTORY"

cool

--
MrKenFL- "Money can't buy you happiness .. But it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery." NUVI 260, Nuvi 1490LMT & Nuvi 2595LMT all with 2014.4 maps !

congrats

congrats on your 1 year membership on here.I'm just starting out so i got a long way to go...lol

--
Mike

Dang, it has been 1 year

Dang, it has been 1 year already??? I thought about six months or so. Oh well, I guess time flies when you are having fun. Thanks!

Actually, by my profile, i still have 4 more weeks left.

--
Charley - Nuvi 350 - Bel STI Driver - Cobra 29 w/ wilson 1000 - AIM: asianfire -

Hey MM

Hey MM will we see you down here next week - Daytona that is ?
Bike Week starts the 29th of Feb and ends the 9th of March.
Since I live about 300 ft. from the beach road, A1A, we have a pretty constant reminder it's Bike Week "Vrooooom- Vroooooooom"

C'mon down !!!!!!!!

--
MrKenFL- "Money can't buy you happiness .. But it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery." NUVI 260, Nuvi 1490LMT & Nuvi 2595LMT all with 2014.4 maps !