Here's a quick summary:
1) Connect the TomTom GPS to your Computer
2) Open the TomTom drive letter under Devices with Removable Storage (located at start menu / my computer)
3) Locate your maps folder on the TomTom (called "usa_and_canada" or "north_america" or "united states")
4) Copy the OV2 files into your TomTom's maps folder
To enable alerts:
1) Select "Change Preferences" on the GPS unit
2) Select "Warn when near POI" (may be on more choices menu)
3) Choose the POI you want to have alerts; set distance & sound; leave *unchecked* the option to "warn only in route"
Note: Files in GPX format need to be converted to OV2 format before they are copied to your TomTom.
- Using your TomTom with POI Factory
- TomTom Alerts | How do I enable alerts on my TomTom?
- TomTom OV2 | How do I convert POI files to TomTom OV2 format?