Useful Software & Web Tools
Here are some software packages and web tools that are useful for working with POI files:
- POI Loader - Garmin's software for sending POI files to many of their newer GPS models
- Extra_POI_Editor - turboccc's utility for creating POI files and tour guides.
- TTSVoiceEditor - turboccc's utility for editing Garmin voice files; works with models that have TTS (text to speach).
- GPX Clean - camerabob's utility cleans up spaces, abbreviations, etc.; option to convert to CSV format.
- GeePeeEx Editor - Hornbyp's GPX editor helps you produce files that take full advantage of the GPX format; handles many model-specific formatting issues.
- Mac POI Tools - Simon Slavin's utilities for creating Garmin POI files on a Mac
- PoiEdit - converts among several formats including Garmin CSV and TomTom OV2