new & interesting places for your GPS

Vacation

 

I have my new c340 gps, external antenna with window mount, clear touch anti-glare, ac power cord, poi's (camera, attractions, checkpoints, radio, rest areas, speed, tolls and tourist loaded for the n.j, del and md areas). I also received my Mapsource dvd fron Garmin. I'm planning on going to Baltimore, MD and then Ocean City MD.
How can i plan this trip with mapsource? Mapsource only lets me upload waypoints from the gps. Do i edit the poi's and save the ones i want to write to a new poi file? ANy help will be appreciated.

Using my c330

mutari wrote:

Do i edit the poi's and save the ones i want to write to a new poi file? ANy help will be appreciated.

I actually do this and find it not as hard as you would imagine. Just takes a little time and is really the fun part of it all for me, tweaking here and there as we go. Don't know if this helps, but it works for us. Have a safe, fun trip, don't forget to stop and smell the roses...

.

mutari wrote:

How can i plan this trip with mapsource? Mapsource only lets me upload waypoints from the gps.

You can't plan trips with that unit. The best thing that you could do is to set up waypoints along the route and go from waypoint to waypoint as you travel.

Quote:

Do i edit the poi's and save the ones i want to write to a new poi file? ANy help will be appreciated.

If you have locations that you want to add to the POI files that you have downloaded, you can simply make those changes to the files in the proper format, save the files, and reload the files to your unit.

mutari wrote: I have my new

mutari wrote:

I have my new c340 gps, external antenna with window mount, clear touch anti-glare, ac power cord, poi's (camera, attractions, checkpoints, radio, rest areas, speed, tolls and tourist loaded for the n.j, del and md areas). I also received my Mapsource dvd fron Garmin. I'm planning on going to Baltimore, MD and then Ocean City MD.
How can i plan this trip with mapsource? Mapsource only lets me upload waypoints from the gps. Do i edit the poi's and save the ones i want to write to a new poi file? ANy help will be appreciated.

I'm leaving from Brooklyn,NY

sponsored links



Navigation



User login

Leave this blank! This field helps block spambots.

poi factory



Who's online

There are currently 8 users and 68 guests online.

Online users

  • stonecoldhd
  • RBM53
  • mgarledge
  • jfossy
  • 350Zee
  • stonecoldhd
  • ChemSteve
  • Jery