It appears that Garmin Express can not update itself. This issue is showing up with V184.108.40.206 and macOS 10.15.3
A ticket has been opened at Garmin, they are working on this.
However, given the symptoms of this issue, Mac users will most likely have to go to Garmin and get a new copy of GE until GE can update itself again.
So I went and opened GE to check if anything new was available for my devices and if a new version of GE was available. I noticed right away that GE was not indicating that GE was up to date, and I had to manually initiate an update check. That query resulted in a failure message. This all started around Friday, so I let it go as Garmin doing some sort of system/server maintenance. The issue is still here on Monday. I called Garmin and they confirmed the problem on one of their Macs. We checked to make sure that my Mac was set up correctly, and it is.
GE was updated Jan 21, 2020 to V220.127.116.11, and macOS just a couple days later. This problem showed up after the macOS update.
I'll post here when the issue is resolved, or any updates.
I can concur. I'll be watching.
So it's been about a week.
No news from Garmin. To update GE, it must be downloaded and installed.
I just did that and it is still V18.104.22.168
I was having this problem before Catalina. The workaround is to download a fresh copy from Garmin.
I am curious if there's been a fix to POI Loader, with its random character strings instead of filenames. I've been waiting on a fix for this since the last update.
it's the dog's fault
GE does not automatically update for me, so every now and then when I use GE, I use About GE to check version and use the Update link to get the latest version.
I never had a problem until GE V22.214.171.124 and macOS 10.15.3
They came out within days of each other. In my conversation with Garmin they mentioned that the latest macOS release had a bunch of changes that affected them. I do notice the latest macOS has much more care and concern over downloading.
But if you like to make sure you have the latest and greatest, you'll have to go to Garmin and download GE and reinstall until this gets fixed.
Will report immediately when a fix is attempted.
For grins, I just downloaded the GE installer for Mac from Garmin and once installed it still reports 126.96.36.199. They have not yet updated this and any attempt to check for updates still fails.
I've seen this problem more than once in the past and it seems that once Garmin released an update, downloading and running the installer placed the new version on the Mac and then the updater button worked properly.
No news here, meaning the problem is still a problem.
Well, it's been over a month and GE for Mac is still broken.
V188.8.131.52 just released and looks like it can update itself again.
Thank you Garmin!!!!
terms | privacy | contactCopyright © 2006-2020