iOS 10.3.1 introduces new features including the ability to locate AirPods using Find my iPhone and more ways to use Siri with payment, ride booking and automaker apps.
Find My iPhone
• View the current or last known location of your AirPods
• Play a sound on one or both AirPods to help you find them
• Support for paying and checking status of bills with payment apps
• Support for scheduling with ride booking apps
• Support for checking car fuel level, lock status, turning on lights and activating horn with automaker apps
• Cricket sports scores and statistics for Indian Premier League and International Cricket Council
• Shortcuts in the status bar for easy access to last used apps
• Apple Music Now Playing screen gives access to Up Next and the currently playing song's album
• Daily curated playlists and new music categories in Apple Music
Other improvements and fixes
• Rent once and watch your iTunes movies across your devices
• New Settings unified view for your Apple ID account information, settings and devices
• Hourly weather in Maps using 3D Touch on the displayed current temperature
• Support for searching “parked car” in Maps
• Calendar adds the ability to delete an unwanted invite and report it as junk
• Home app support to trigger scenes using accessories with switches and buttons
• Home app support for accessory battery level status
• Podcasts support for 3D Touch and Today widget to access recently updated shows
• Podcast shows or episodes are shareable to Messages with full playback support
• Fixes an issue that could prevent Maps from displaying your current location after resetting Location & Privacy
• VoiceOver stability improvements for Phone, Safari and Mail
For information on the security content of Apple software updates, please visit this website:
I just finished updating to 10.3! So, starting a new habit, I backed up both my 7+ and iPad (again) then did the update via iTunes. It is a pain to wait for the download, but it forces me to back-up. I won't mention how long I had gone before last week's back-up.
Unless you prefer manual backups, you can have your iPhone backup automatically through settings in iTunes.
Then you can just fuhgeduhbouwdit.
Every time my phone needs charging (every 3-4 days), I update my apps, plug in my phone which backs everything up, and charges it all at the same time.
Feels like I just put on 10.3 and was thinking the battery was depleted more quickly again. Maybe they snuck in a fix for that also. One can only hope. Thanks for the heads up and details.
no issues with upgrade on iPhone 6
After a major point release, it's not unusual to see an initial reduction of battery life for a couple days as the new OS settles in and does all the re-indexing for search and stuff it does in the background... I don't even try to compare battery life between OS releases until 3 or 4 days after the new release and the new release never ends up being worse off for battery life in how I use my device(s).
Nothing seems to go wrong yet.
Seems to be running fine. Accidentally turned on two factor authentication. Every device updated was contacting others for approval and pin code. Sheesh. Turning it off proved a little trying if you don't remember your security answers. LOL.
10.3.2 Beta 3 release is available.
10.3.2. Beta 4 release is available.
terms | privacy | contactCopyright © 2006-2019