Chit Chat Thread For The Week Of August 31, 2015

 

This is the place to talk about things that are not GPS related.

This thread will be closed on Monday and a new one will be opened.

~Angela

<<Page 2>>

hot day, mowed the lawn,

hot day, mowed the lawn, relaxing now, hope all are well.

--
N.E. Ohio, Garmin 2598 Garmin Drivesmart 65

POI

ftw

Windmill post.

Windmill post.

Monday Monday

Monday Monday

--
Garmin 2555lmt

Everybody have a great week.

Everybody have a great week.

--
All the worlds indeed a stage and we are merely players. Rush

The Heat is Back

here in the Midwest. Stay cool, everyone.

--
"As life runs on, the road grows strange with faces new - and near the end. The milestones into headstones change, Neath every one a friend." - James Russell Lowell Garmin StreetPilot C330, Garmin NUVI 765T, Garmin DriveSmart 60LMT

Smoke

Has finally blown out... YAY!

Speedy

mgarledge wrote:

Six weeks have gone by fairly fast. So ready for this week to be over.
My husband loves calling me Rudolf and singing that song.

This has been hard but not as hard as the other option they gave me.
They wanted to cut part of my nose off and bring a forhead flap down and sew it to my nose. Then after a few weeks when the blood starts flowing they would cut the skin between the forhead and my nose. I would have to have reconstruction surgery a couple of times.

Needless to say a red nose from radiation sounds better.

I have basal cell and squamous cancer on my nose. Hopefully the radiation will take care of it.

Here's wishing a speedy recovery for you.

--
Frank DriveSmart55 37.322760, -79.511267

Mary

Congrats on getting through the treatment and good luck for the furture smile

--
johnm405 660 & MSS&T

Tree Removed

Had to have another tree removed it split down the middle. Twe guys came over yesterday and took it out . Finished trimming all the small pin trees, now just need to remove the stumps laugh out loud

--
johnm405 660 & MSS&T

hi

hi

Have a great week, everyone!

Have a great week, everyone!

YAM

"Yet Another Monday"

Thanks Angela

GlobeTurtle wrote:
mgarledge wrote:

I used to have spell correction when I typed. Now I notice there is no spell correction.

Is there a setting I have to change to get the spell correction to work.

And believe me I need it.
Thanks, Mary

Hi Mary~
Jonathan suggests you check your web browser setting.

Glad you're almost done with Radiation.
My friends son is just starting it. he was diagnosed in the spring with a are cancer normally found in elderly Asians of which he is neither. They felt radiation was the least yucky of their current choices as well.
Hope your treatment continues to go ok and you recover quickly.

~Angela

Thanks. So far all is going great. I only have five side affecte. Very red nose, like a bad sun burn, nose bleeds, very dry nose, gum irritation and the worst one, taste ... food does not taste like it did. I love Hamburgers. They now taste blan. The doctor said most problems will go away a while after treatment. I cerently hope my taste buds will return back to normal. My husband said he hopes they make me like vegetables. So far he is correct as I will now eat brockly, not sure how to spell but it is the ones that look like little trees.

Tell John thanks and I will look at my settings.
Mary

--
Mary, Nuvi 2450, Garmin Viago, Honda Navigation, Nuvi 750 (gave to son)

Thanks SilverRhino.

SilverRhino wrote:

mgarledge:

Mary.....Good to hear that you are at the end of your radiation. My wife is a breast cancer survivor, thank God they found it early. She had to undergo radiation and we were sure glad when that was over.

Thoughts and prayers for continued recovery!

Thanks and glad they caught your wife's early.Radiation is so much better than other options.
My nose was miss diagnosed for over two years as rosaega but the cancers are both slow growing.
Thanks, Mary

--
Mary, Nuvi 2450, Garmin Viago, Honda Navigation, Nuvi 750 (gave to son)

Thanks phranc

phranc wrote:
mgarledge wrote:

Six weeks have gone by fairly fast. So ready for this week to be over.
My husband loves calling me Rudolf and singing that song.

This has been hard but not as hard as the other option they gave me.
They wanted to cut part of my nose off and bring a forhead flap down and sew it to my nose. Then after a few weeks when the blood starts flowing they would cut the skin between the forhead and my nose. I would have to have reconstruction surgery a couple of times.

Needless to say a red nose from radiation sounds better.

I have basal cell and squamous cancer on my nose. Hopefully the radiation will take care of it.

Here's wishing a speedy recovery for you.

Thank you, Mary

--
Mary, Nuvi 2450, Garmin Viago, Honda Navigation, Nuvi 750 (gave to son)

Thank you johnm495

johnm405 wrote:

Congrats on getting through the treatment and good luck for the furture smile

Thanhs, Mary

--
Mary, Nuvi 2450, Garmin Viago, Honda Navigation, Nuvi 750 (gave to son)

The heat's back in

The heat's back in Chicago...not quite fall yet! Have a great week, all!

have a great week

smile

have a good week, everybody

good morning

WOW

It's Tuesday already, and September, too. Have a great week everyone.

--
Garmin Nuvi 765T, Garmin Drive 60LM

:)

Hi All

--
Nuvi 760

Checking in.

Checking in.

--
Charlie. Nuvi 265 WT and Nuvi 2597 LMT. MapFactor - Offline Maps & GPS.

HOT Yesterday ...

... looking forward to cooler week.

A Day Late

But better than missing the week altogether. . .

Welcome to September, have a

Welcome to September, have a great week

happy September

Have a joyful and happy month everyone

--
Gattina11

Not Monday

Travelling and could not post yesterday.
Have a good week all..
Cheers

--
Cedro

A new week, well not that

A new week, well not that new, but figured I would get it going. Off to a new adventure at the end of this week and a long trip to CT.

See you all on the roads and be safe.

Alan

Goodbye August

Hello September

HI

Have a nice week....

--
getround - Nuvi 750 - Nuvi 3597LMTHD

labor day weekend is upon us ...

... let the end of summer begin!

--

it's the dog's fault

--
Garmin nuvi 2455 - nuvi 350, 260 (spares) - my other toys: IMac quad-core i3, Mac Mini, MacOS: Mojave 10.14.6/Catalina 10.15.7. and introducing The Beast, a 2013 Dodge Charger Pursuit and his Garmin DriveSmart 5. The dog's name is Ginger.

seattle

had to go to Seattle today for a dr's appointment, we live in a small town so we used the gps . anyhow we just got into town and my wife tried to adjust the garmin and she pooped it out of the holder it hit the floor and everything went huckely buck screen changed and she tried to adjust it in bumper to bumper traffic what a disaster I could see the hospital so I just drove to it and found the parking garage she was a mess trying to get the garmin going again lol. on the trip home all went well and we laughed about it , it was like she had a hot potatoe the gps was jumping all over !!

Have a great week

It looks like the weather man was right, it's going to be a Hot day for the next few days
so stay cool. cool

--
Garmin nuvi,750

September is here but it'll

September is here but it'll be hot all week, yeah!

September is here but it'll

September is here but it'll be hot all week, yeah!

I love the heat ....

But it could be about time it backs off .... just a little redface

--
If the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem quickly resembles a nail. (Maslow's Hammer)

The Hump Is Coming!

Happy Tuesday

Schools Open

Watch out for school zones and slow down!!!

I love this...pooped

geo334 wrote:

had to go to Seattle today for a dr's appointment, we live in a small town so we used the gps . anyhow we just got into town and my wife tried to adjust the garmin and she pooped it out of the holder it hit the floor and everything went huckely buck screen changed and she tried to adjust it in bumper to bumper traffic what a disaster I could see the hospital so I just drove to it and found the parking garage she was a mess trying to get the garmin going again lol. on the trip home all went well and we laughed about it , it was like she had a hot potatoe the gps was jumping all over !!

Sometime the post change themselves just to make us laugh.
grin

--
Mary, Nuvi 2450, Garmin Viago, Honda Navigation, Nuvi 750 (gave to son)

And.....

a Happy Tuesday to everyone. Hard to believe just 16 more weeks til Christmas!

--
Eric M - Nuvi 2555 - IBA 46658 - TOH 151 - 2006 Honda Goldwing 2009 Honda Shadow -

Monday

Have a great week. Holiday weekend coming up for those in the USA.

Hot day for the first day of

Hot day for the first day of September. And the last day of August.

Have a great week everyone !

Have a great week everyone !

September already

Almost Fall....

Larry

Weather

Beautiful in St. Louis this week....

--
rvOutrider

At last

computer finally working, now I can check in

--
nuvi 2597LMT

have a safe labor day

have a safe labor day weekend all

Good morning.

Good morning.

--
Charlie. Nuvi 265 WT and Nuvi 2597 LMT. MapFactor - Offline Maps & GPS.

Hump Day!!!

Hump Day!!!

<<Page 2>>