this is teamspeak website so we can talk let me know u ipserver number ...http://www.goteamspeak.com/index.php?page=downloads i try to understand poeple try to said but i cant get anything right.how can i make or install the alert me,so when i get closer to weight station it has to me caution weightsation a head.mp3 or has caution weightstation a head.cvs???
Well, I just typed a long detailed response and then lost it. grrrrrrr
No Teamspeak here. You have to use the forums the way they are.
Does your unit support a MP3 player? If it does, here are the steps. If it doesn't, you can't have custom audio alerts.
1. Download POI Loader from Garmin.
2. Run the program you downloaded to install the POI Loader program to your PC.
3. Download the POI file(s) you want to load to your GPSr.
4. Create a folder on your PC for your POI files
5. Put ALL the POI files in that folder
6. Download the mp3(s) you want to have as your Custom alerts. Put them in the SAME FOLDER as your POI files.
Now this is the tricky part.
7. Name the POI file and the MP3 file that goes with it EXACTLY the same except for the file extention (the 3 letters after the dot). For example, weigh_station.csv and weigh_station.mp3. Note that it is CASE SENSITIVE.
8. Connect your GPSr to your PC.
9. Run the POI Loader program that you installed to your PC
10. Follow the prompts given. Be sure to point select your GARMIN drive where it says Device Settings.
11. Select Install new Custom POIs
12. Use the browse button to select the folder where you put your POI files.
13. Select Manual instead of Express Mode
14. When your POI file comes up on the screen use the buttons to enter the distance at which you want to be alerted.
15. Continue following the prompts and it should tell you that xx number of Custom POIs have been installed.
The c530 doesn't support mp3 files, so you cannot get custom sounds. Follow MM's directions for setting the proximity alerts.
If a Garmin unit doesn't play mp3 files can it at least play ogg files? If the answer is yes then the mp3 files can be converted to ogg files and then loaded the usual way.
I would hate to think that ALL of those sound files can only be used in a limited number of Garmin products! Ouch!!!
No Garmin units can currently play ogg files.
thanks motorcyle mama and mkhan...but i didnt understand mm mean?
for clearing that up for me.
Think I'll stick with my TomTom!
realtriplev, I'm not sure how to make it any more simple.
On your unit, you cannot use the custom alert sounds. Won't work.
You can, however, set proximity alerts so that the unit will play the built-in sound when you get within a certain distance from the location.
Follow each of the steps as they are written. Just go slow. Read each one and do exactly what it says. You need to be somewhat familiar with how to work a computer in order to do it.
If you are not sure how to do some of the steps on the computer, maybe you can get someone where you are to assist you. Friends, family, kids, grandkids.
terms | privacy | contactCopyright © 2006-2019