Chit Chat Thread For The Week Of March 30, 2015

 

This is the place to talk about things that are not GPS related.

This thread will be closed on Monday and a new one will be opened.

~Angela

<<Page 3>>

good morning to you

Have a great week. grin

--
Garmin nuvi,750

Happy April Fools Day

no snow

Microwave

Our built-in microwave/range hood decided to quit last night. I'm making some calls to find out if it's cheaper to repair or replace. sad

--
Tampa, FL - Garmin nüvi 660 (Software Ver 4.90), 2021.20 CN NA NT maps | Magellan Meridian Gold

Happy Easter Week

Happy Easter week to all!

Hump Day....

Today is not only Hump day, but it is also April Fool's Day. And I have been bad already... grin

--
getround - Nuvi 750 - Nuvi 3597LMTHD

Replace.

Gary A wrote:

Our built-in microwave/range hood decided to quit last night. I'm making some calls to find out if it's cheaper to repair or replace. sad

Went through that myself a couple of months ago. I suspect you will find the same thing I did ... makes the most sense to just replace it. I went to Sears and bought a replacement, installed myself, and Sears took my old appliance for recycling for no additional charge.

--
Alan - Android Auto, DriveLuxe 51LMT-S, DriveLuxe 50LMTHD, Nuvi 3597LMTHD, Oregon 550T, Nuvi 855, Nuvi 755T, Lowrance Endura Sierra, Bosch Nyon

Havea happy Easter

It's hump day . Have a happy Easter

Back

Been gone awhile, glad to be back.

--
Nuvi 750

more chit less chat

more chit less chat

--
nuvi 250 --> 1250T --> 265T Lost my 1250T

Happy Hump Day Everyone

Happy Hump Day Everyone

Spring has not sprung!!!

Spring has not sprung!!! AAAaarrrhhgggg!!!!

Off tomorrow from work.

Off tomorrow from work. It's supposed to be a nice day in New York. Today I had to clear ice off my windshield before I could drive to work. When will Spring really come to New York?

Word

Word

Go cats, beat wisc

Beat the Badgers

Good morning.

Good morning.

--
Charlie. Nuvi 265 WT and Nuvi 2597 LMT. MapFactor - Offline Maps & GPS.

Cute tailspin!

Never heard that one before!

May just be a fuse inside the unit

Gary A wrote:

Our built-in microwave/range hood decided to quit last night. I'm making some calls to find out if it's cheaper to repair or replace. sad

I've had several Microwaves that I resurrected because a fuse on the board had blown!!!

--
Nuvi 350 long gone, Nuvi 855LMT, Nuvi 2797LMT, DriveSmart 50 LMT-HD, 3790LMT now my daughters. Using Windows 10. DashCam A108C with GPS.

good day

to y'all!

Happy

Whether you celebrate Passover or Easter. Wishing you the happiest of times

Another Week

Another week but warmer than the last.
Here! Here!

Fred

Gloomy and rainy

Blick!

Hello all.

Hello all.

Happy Easter everyone

Happy Easter everyone

today's my Friday :)

happy weekend all!

I love my Windmill

I love my Windmill smile

--
DriveSmart 50, DriveSmart 60, nuvi 2595, nuvi 3760,

Yea its Friday

What a long week! Looking forward to the weekend.

Fuse

Melaqueman wrote:
Gary A wrote:

Our built-in microwave/range hood decided to quit last night. I'm making some calls to find out if it's cheaper to repair or replace. sad

I've had several Microwaves that I resurrected because a fuse on the board had blown!!!

I replaced the fuse & holder about 5 years ago. The entire unit had no power like it had been unplugged. Burned up fuse made sense.

This time is different. Unit has power - light & fan work, turntable works. This time, when you try to heat something, the soft hummmmm of it running has become a louder BUZZZZZZZZ and the food item does not get heated.

--
Tampa, FL - Garmin nüvi 660 (Software Ver 4.90), 2021.20 CN NA NT maps | Magellan Meridian Gold

Surprise

Got a surprise e-mail yesterday.
Garmin sent me a notice the latest map update is out and how I can get them, with $20 off. They also said you may need to use a card as the file is large.smile

--
johnm405 660 & MSS&T

God Bless To All

God Bless To All

Good morning.

Good morning.

--
Charlie. Nuvi 265 WT and Nuvi 2597 LMT. MapFactor - Offline Maps & GPS.

Have a great Easter Week

Enjoy the Spring

Have a good weekend

Have a good weekend

--
John B - Garmin 765T

Hope everyone has a great

Hope everyone has a great weekend

--
Just your average elder livin' the dream.

Spring came and went!

Spring came and went!

Have a great weekend!

Have a great weekend!

New Garmin!

Just picked up a new 2599LMTHD yesterday and figuring out how to use it all over again. Quite a bit different than my old 1490T (Two of them). Lots of similarities, but a lot of newer stuff to learn.
Looks like it will be fun!

--
"Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks" ~ Excerpt from the notebooks of Lazarus Long, from Robert Heinlein's "Time Enough for Love"

*

Have a nice weekend everyone.

TGIF

I love Fridays especially about 4pm

good morning

good morning

Moon Eckips

Did anyone get up to see the moon eclipse this morning?
It started earlier that what the weatherman said. Tried to do a video but didn't get much. Did have a plane fly through smile

--
johnm405 660 & MSS&T

Go Blackhawks

Go Blackhawks

--
Go Blackhawks

Have a nice day.

Have a nice day.

--
Charlie. Nuvi 265 WT and Nuvi 2597 LMT. MapFactor - Offline Maps & GPS.

garden

I have started to put a small amount of plants out and low and behold, we had a touch of frost arrrrggg
good thing I have a lot of backups in the green house
don't usally have frost in april so I will wait about 3 weeks more before I put any more plants out!

Need water

geo334 wrote:

I have started to put a small amount of plants out and low and behold, we had a touch of frost arrrrggg
good thing I have a lot of backups in the green house
don't usally have frost in april so I will wait about 3 weeks more before I put any more plants out!

Wow, can you port some of that moisture out my way in Cali?

25% water cut back here. Already replaced the front/back yards with mulch and drought tolerant plants.

--
“It’s their world. We’re just living in it.”

Hello to all

Hello to all

Pretty scary

e_piph_a_ny wrote:
geo334 wrote:

I have started to put a small amount of plants out and low and behold, we had a touch of frost arrrrggg
good thing I have a lot of backups in the green house
don't usally have frost in april so I will wait about 3 weeks more before I put any more plants out!

Wow, can you port some of that moisture out my way in Cali?

25% water cut back here. Already replaced the front/back yards with mulch and drought tolerant plants.

Heard about the mandatory cutbacks all the way over here on the East Coast and saw 60 Minutes' coverage of the drought causing depletion of the aquifers.

Many say this is related to climate change (and admittedly I'm inclined to agree) but everyone can't seem to agree on what's happening because many have a stake in the game on one side or the other.

I hope it gets better but it doesn't seem likely. Hopefully technology will help. Front loaders for everyone!

I hope everyone had a great week.

- Phil

weather

pquesinb wrote:
e_piph_a_ny wrote:
geo334 wrote:

I have started to put a small amount of plants out and low and behold, we had a touch of frost arrrrggg
good thing I have a lot of backups in the green house
don't usally have frost in april so I will wait about 3 weeks more before I put any more plants out!

Wow, can you port some of that moisture out my way in Cali?

25% water cut back here. Already replaced the front/back yards with mulch and drought tolerant plants.

Heard about the mandatory cutbacks all the way over here on the East Coast and saw 60 Minutes' coverage of the drought causing depletion of the aquifers.

Many say this is related to climate change (and admittedly I'm inclined to agree) but everyone can't seem to agree on what's happening because many have a stake in the game on one side or the other.

I hope it gets better but it doesn't seem likely. Hopefully technology will help. Front loaders for everyone!

I hope everyone had a great week.

- Phil

Rain all day here in east canada, changneing to freezing as we speech , so such it up and think of us poor suckers in the east.Flooding warning issued.

Windy!

Windy!

Hoppy Easter!

Hop hop hop

--
non-native nutmegger

Good Morning!

Good Morning!

--
N.E. Ohio, Garmin 2598 Garmin Drivesmart 65
<<Page 3>>