Padrino's Cuban Cuisine
Raw file: Padrino's Cuban Cuisine.gpx (1.37 KB)
Providing great food has always been a tradition for the Padrino family… It all began with a small food market and winery in 1930’s Cuba. This storefront was the meeting place for locals to visit, and catch up on the latest news. With the rise of Castro Cuba, Diosdado Padrino sent his wife, Candida Rosa and two children to the United States in 1968. He followed, but not until 1972.
The US Bicentennial year was also a milestone for the Padrino family, as they opened their first restaurant in Hialeah, FL. The same recipes that Rosa cooked in Cuba were now being enjoyed by many immigrant Cubans in Miami. Seeing the opportunity to bring the tastes of Cuba to everyone, they moved to a larger restaurant in Broward County. Padrino’s Hallandale opened its’ doors in 1981.
In 1982, the tradition was passed on to their son, Mario. With the desire to share these authentic Cuban recipes to even more people, Mario, and his wife Nayade, opened restaurants in Plantation in 1992, and Boca Raton in 1996. Mario’s mother continued until her passing in 2002.
Nayade is now continuing the tradition of excellence. She graduated from culinary school in 2006 and is overseeing recipe development and quality control.
In 2008 Padrino’s added their 4th location in Orlando.
America has definitely developed a love for Cuban food, and Padrino’s will continue to provide authentic Cuban food in a casually elegant atmosphere.