Garmin Express 3.2.13 Released - You may like this one!

 

Check out the change log, especially the second last entry:

•Improve Sync function for 910XT, 610 and 310XT devices
•Garmin Express will automatically detect golf devices when they are connected
•Fix an issue where the download status does not display the speed in KBs
•Fix an issue where Express would not correctly set up WIFI network on a FR620
•Add a feature to allow users to disable Express Tray application and core services from running all the time grin grin grin
•Fix an issue where the sync section was displaying when it was not relevant to the current device

--
Nuvi 350, 760, 1695LM, 3790LMT, 2460LMT, 3597LMTHD, DriveLuxe 50LMTHD, DriveSmart 61, Garmin Backup Camera 40 and TomTom XXL540s.
Page 1>>

Maybe

Garmin really does sometimes listen to its customers exclaim Thanks for the notice Rick.

--
Alan - Android Auto, DriveLuxe 50LMTHD, Nuvi 3597LMTHD, Oregon 550T, Nuvi 855, Nuvi 755T, Lowrance Endura Sierra, Bosch Nyon

I'm

I'm seeing on other sites that this new "feature" actually works. Thanks Garmin.

--
Nuvi 350, 760, 1695LM, 3790LMT, 2460LMT, 3597LMTHD, DriveLuxe 50LMTHD, DriveSmart 61, Garmin Backup Camera 40 and TomTom XXL540s.

t923347 wrote: Check out the

t923347 wrote:

Check out the change log, especially the second last entry:

•Improve Sync function for 910XT, 610 and 310XT devices
•Garmin Express will automatically detect golf devices when they are connected
•Fix an issue where the download status does not display the speed in KBs
•Fix an issue where Express would not correctly set up WIFI network on a FR620
•Add a feature to allow users to disable Express Tray application and core services from running all the time grin grin grin
•Fix an issue where the sync section was displaying when it was not relevant to the current device

You can turn it off by going to Run/msconfig/startup and uncheck the application.

Msconfig at each update

Quote:

You can turn it off by going to Run/msconfig/startup and uncheck the application.

This is true, but my experience is that when you update again, you have to do the msconfig again. The change should allow your selection to be saved within GE and not have to worry about it again.

--
Garmin nuvi 2460LMT (2)

.

I think the litmus test here will be when people use for the next map download. I'll reserve opinion on it until then.

--
nüvi 3790T | nüvi 775T | Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, will make violent revolution inevitable ~ JFK

Garmin Express 3.2.13 Released ?????

I just checked my GE installed version and it is 3.2.9.0

--
Nuvi 350 long gone, Nuvi 855LMT, Nuvi 2797LMT, SmartDrive 50 LMT-HD, 3790LMT now my daughters. Using Windows 10. DashCam A108C with GPS.

Best to

Best to try again as 3.2.13 has been available for the PC and MAC since yesterday. Maybe clear your browser cache.

--
Nuvi 350, 760, 1695LM, 3790LMT, 2460LMT, 3597LMTHD, DriveLuxe 50LMTHD, DriveSmart 61, Garmin Backup Camera 40 and TomTom XXL540s.

Wait on this

I plan to wait until the beta testers at POI-Factory are finished. When this thread has about 150 entries, I plan to download it!

dobs108 smile

Awesome!

Awesome!
Thank you!

Thanks

Thanks for letting us know... downloading now. grin

Downloaded

Thank you

Update

Melaqueman wrote:

I just checked my GE installed version and it is 3.2.9.0

The download is 3.2.9.0 then do an update from within GE and you get the latest.

Unless I'm wrong

Just wondering how v.3.2.13 can be newer than v.3.2.90

.13 comes before .90 unless my math is wrong.

--
Nuvi 350 long gone, Nuvi 855LMT, Nuvi 2797LMT, SmartDrive 50 LMT-HD, 3790LMT now my daughters. Using Windows 10. DashCam A108C with GPS.

Version 3.2.13.0

you left off the .0

--
Alan - Android Auto, DriveLuxe 50LMTHD, Nuvi 3597LMTHD, Oregon 550T, Nuvi 855, Nuvi 755T, Lowrance Endura Sierra, Bosch Nyon

Where

Where did you see .90? I'm pretty sure the old version was 3.2.9.0 and last I checked 13 is higher than 9. laugh out loud

--
Nuvi 350, 760, 1695LM, 3790LMT, 2460LMT, 3597LMTHD, DriveLuxe 50LMTHD, DriveSmart 61, Garmin Backup Camera 40 and TomTom XXL540s.

Thanks for keeping us

Thanks for keeping us informed on the update

--
NickJr Nuvi 3597LMT

I wait

for 9.9.9.9 version before using GE

Garmins logic

After GE v. 3.2.90 then the next highest should logically be v. 3.2.99 maybe or v. 3.3.00 and not v 3.2.13.

But then with Garmin their newer GPS's also have a lower model number. For instance a 2798 LMT is newer than my 3790 LMT.

--
Nuvi 350 long gone, Nuvi 855LMT, Nuvi 2797LMT, SmartDrive 50 LMT-HD, 3790LMT now my daughters. Using Windows 10. DashCam A108C with GPS.

Still working with XPP

Just thought I'd pass along to everyone that I am still/was able to install this latest GE update to my XP laptop. It still gives the usual "you will need to go to Vista or higher soon" popup, but then proceeds with the update.

--
"Primum Non Nocere" 2595LMT Clear Channel and Navteq Traffic

Not 4 Me

I doubt that I will like it considering the horrors of the past releases.
sad

--
ChefDon

???

what does it do?

--
[URL=http://www.speedtest.net][IMG]http://www.speedtest.net/result/693683800.png[/IMG][/URL]

Maybe read the complete thread !

alofficial wrote:

what does it do?

jackrabbit000
general maintainerpoi contributoractive user
1 year
t923347 wrote: Check out the
t923347 wrote:

Check out the change log, especially the second last entry:

•Improve Sync function for 910XT, 610 and 310XT devices
•Garmin Express will automatically detect golf devices when they are connected
•Fix an issue where the download status does not display the speed in KBs
•Fix an issue where Express would not correctly set up WIFI network on a FR620
•Add a feature to allow users to disable Express Tray application and core services from running all the time grin grin grin
•Fix an issue where the sync section was displaying when it was not relevant to the current device

You can turn it off by going to Run/msconfig/startup and uncheck the application.

--
Nuvi 350 long gone, Nuvi 855LMT, Nuvi 2797LMT, SmartDrive 50 LMT-HD, 3790LMT now my daughters. Using Windows 10. DashCam A108C with GPS.

>

t923347 wrote:

•Add a feature to allow users to disable Express Tray application and core services from running all the time

Really?
Better late than never!

--
nüvi®3580LMT,nüvi®2598LMT| We do not live in Igloo's, and do not all ride to work on snow mobiles.

Wise decision!

ChefDon16 wrote:

I doubt that I will like it considering the horrors of the past releases.
sad

Wise decision!

--
Politicians and Diapers must be changed often for the exact same reason...

Please

Melaqueman wrote:

After GE v. 3.2.90 then the next highest should logically be v. 3.2.99 maybe or v. 3.3.00 and not v 3.2.13.

But then with Garmin their newer GPS's also have a lower model number. For instance a 2798 LMT is newer than my 3790 LMT.

Please check your post near the top of this thread where you say:

"I just checked my GE installed version and it is 3.2.9.0"

Since then you have been talking about Garmin's numbering system by saying the old version number is 3.2.90. It's not. The old version number was, as you orginally posted, 3.2.9.0 which would make 3.2.13.0 a higher number.

--
Nuvi 350, 760, 1695LM, 3790LMT, 2460LMT, 3597LMTHD, DriveLuxe 50LMTHD, DriveSmart 61, Garmin Backup Camera 40 and TomTom XXL540s.

Unfortunately ...

Unfortunately, when Garmin releases the next map update ... the first thing that is checked, is whether users are using the latest update of Garmin Express and will force us all to download it before proceeding.

I completely understand this logic, but it still makes me cringe everytime an update is forced on me, especially if the prior program was working fine ... ok, fine is a bit of a stretch, adequately .. ok, that's even a stretch ... maybe I'm still not over the trauma of GE messing up the last map update ... yeah, still suffering from post-traumatic map update stress.

--
Garmin 205, 260W, 1450LMT, 2460LMT, HEREwego for iPhone ... all still mapping strong.

makes me think...

Hopefully this disabling Express Tray will not cause whole computer to shut down? Latest "improvements" from Garmin can make you really suspicious. Every new update is like watching horror movie, when you know something really bad will happen, but you don't know yet what it will be smile

Thanks for the heads up

will check it out

Thanks for the Heads Up

Appreciate the Heads Up.

--
Larry - Nuvi 680, Nuvi 1690, Nuvi 2797LMT

Update for Windows XP

crying Before I waste time trying to update my Garmin 2495, does anyone know if any update will install?

Garmin sent an alert a month ago warning they would discontinue support for users of XP

--
Michael J

Thanks for the heads-up

Thanks for the heads-up. We'll see how this one goes next time I update my maps.

Garmin Express still works with XP

I just installed the latest version (.13) on my XP laptop and while I did get the familar pop-up with the "Support for XP will be discontinued soon: upgrade to Vista (hah!) or higher" message, it went ahead and installed fine. I got the same warning for the last map and GE update event, but it installed just fine then too. I can't imagine the nightmare at the Garmin Tech Support call center when they finally pull the plug on XP support and cut loose thousands of long time customers with Lifetime Map subscriptions.

I think the key to avoiding most of the problems we see with every new map, is to wait 30 days for the initial stampede to end and for the dust to settle.

--
"Primum Non Nocere" 2595LMT Clear Channel and Navteq Traffic

If it works don't mess with it

Think i will still stick to Mapupdater for now.

--
Nuvi2797LMT,Nuvi1490LMT, Nuvi260,Ford Sync3 Navigation. Captain Cook was a Yorkshire man too.

.

thanks for the update

--
nuvi 2757LM-65LM-65LM

A warning with the download

expo21 wrote:

crying Before I waste time trying to update my Garmin 2495, does anyone know if any update will install?

Garmin sent an alert a month ago warning they would discontinue support for users of XP

Every time you download from Garmin, there will be a warning about Windows XP, but the download does continue. I have not heard about any problems running Garmin software due to Windows XP.

dobs108 smile

Thanks

For the info, I will update when I get home

--
Garmin Nuvi 765T, Garmin Drive 60LM

Map updater

I don't know why, but for the last two updates, Map Updater has failed and errored out on me. Up to that point I had used it exclusively.

--
"Primum Non Nocere" 2595LMT Clear Channel and Navteq Traffic

updated

Just updated, thanks

Awesome

Crossing fingers....

Broke down and updated GE

Broke down and updated GE and did an update on the 1490 to the latest maps. Went quite smoothly and I was all prepared to hate GE still but...

Still holding out but

Just wondering.

Is there anything that Garmin Express will do that MapUpdater doesn't?

Is there a reason to change as long as the MapUpdater is working?

--
Mary, Nuvi 2450, Garmin Viago, Honda Navigation, Nuvi 750 (gave to son)

Lots of things

Lots of things:

Update firmware
Update Voices, Vehicles, Icon bundles, Language Files
Backup important files
Facility to transfer Favorites from one device to another.
Download manuals and other

and there are probably other things that "MapUpdater" can't do, since it only updates maps.

--
Nuvi 350, 760, 1695LM, 3790LMT, 2460LMT, 3597LMTHD, DriveLuxe 50LMTHD, DriveSmart 61, Garmin Backup Camera 40 and TomTom XXL540s.

Thanks.

Will check it out later today.

Thanks for the update alert

Thanks for the update alert

Sounds like

t923347 wrote:

Lots of things:

Update firmware
Update Voices, Vehicles, Icon bundles, Language Files
Backup important files
Facility to transfer Favorites from one device to another.
Download manuals and other

and there are probably other things that "MapUpdater" can't do, since it only updates maps.

Sounds like it takes the place of several programs.
Also, from these post it seems like it works a lot better than when I downloaded it when it first came out.
Might try it again...

--
Mary, Nuvi 2450, Garmin Viago, Honda Navigation, Nuvi 750 (gave to son)

No more bug fixes.

mgarledge wrote:

Just wondering.

Is there anything that Garmin Express will do that MapUpdater doesn't?

Is there a reason to change as long as the MapUpdater is working?

In addition to the things mentioned by t923347, it is unlikely Garmin will be releasing any new versions of MapUpdater to fix bugs. We are already aware of one existing bug in MapUpdater ... on the 2015.10 update, it deletes the 3D .dem file on the 3xxx nuvi's. It is likely that additional bugs will surface on future map updates, or possibly MapUpdater will quit working altogether.

I have avoided Garmin Express in favor of MapUpdater, but I suspect the days of using MapUpdater are numbered.

--
Alan - Android Auto, DriveLuxe 50LMTHD, Nuvi 3597LMTHD, Oregon 550T, Nuvi 855, Nuvi 755T, Lowrance Endura Sierra, Bosch Nyon

Sad but true

alandb wrote:

...It is likely that additional bugs will surface on future map updates, or possibly MapUpdater will quit working altogether.

It pains me to say so, but you're probably right. There will be a time when MapUpdater stops working and we'll be forced to use Garmin Express.

Phil

--
Phil in Mentor, Ohio -- Garmin Nuvi 1450

Never been a GE fan. I

Never been a GE fan. I think I'll stick with the current way I download maps, until that stops working and forces me to GE.

tempest in a teapot

Been using GE for the last three map updates and the last OS and utility files updates ... works well.

This latest upgrade has cleaned up some cosmetic as well as system issues that have been rather annoying. Other than the fact that these "improvements" should have been distributed sooner, GE does the job. My primary concern is my Nuvi ...... the bells and whistles are for ..... well for those who like/need that sort of thing.

Regardless the announced changes in the GE update setup, I still remove the startup, service and schedule entries. I like to decide how and when updates are performed on my PC, while keeping all this junk out of memory.

I don't blame Garmin for including these satellite functions though. Many, if not most, of the users don't really understand what's going on under the hood and really need these functions occurring without their knowledge.

If we keep things in perspective, my need/use of GE is almost insignificant when compared to the need/use of my Nuvi. Once the update is done .... that's it for GE until next quarter.

--
If the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem quickly resembles a nail. (Maslow's Hammer)

No reason to switch to GE

As long as Webupdater and Mapupdater continue to work, I see no reason to switch. Just applying the rule: if it works don't fix it.

Page 1>>