can someone please tell me how to do this? I have a google earth KML file that I want to make into a CSV. I have PoiEdit but idk how to use it.
This is the link to the Google KML file
it just has a network link in the file...there are no locations and I dont know how to get PoiEdit to read it
From the POI Edit 2007 Menu Bar
1) Tools --> Batch Converter
This will open "PoiEdit Batch Convert..." window
2) At the bottom far left of the window under the heading "Source Format:" select "Google Earth(*.kml)"
3) At the upper left pick your "Source Directory" of the .kml files
4) Select the files
5) At the upper right pick your "Destination Directory:"
6) At the bottom right select the "Destination Format:". In this case "Garmin Comma Separated (*.csv)"
7) Finally press the "Convert" on the far left bottom.
It's a pretty simple procedure once you have done it once.
Note: POI Edit will not convert .kmz files (use Google Earth to save .kmz files as .kml)
Thanks but when I do that I get an empty CSV. The KML file just had a network link in it. how can i change that?
I.E. Is there a way to open it in Google Earth and Change the file and resave it so that it has the location information?
Got it! I had to copy all the locations from one KML file to another and then batch convert it
http://kmlcsv.sourceforge.net and see if it works for you.
I followed the excellent step-by-step instructions above but I encountered the same problem described here. An empty CSV file. What procedure did you use to fix this issue? How exactly did you "copy all locations from one KML to another"? Thank you!
I just dragged all the locations from the KML file into my favorites in google earth and then saved my favorites as a KML file and it had all the info
This worked great, thanks! The key is to get the locations out of the network folder and directly into "My Places." Then the above step-by-step instructions work great!
Very easy to understand thank you!
i have just converted from csv to ov2
terms | privacy | contactCopyright © 2006 - 2013