New Version of WebUpdater at Garmin Site

 
--
Garmin Nuvi 765T, Garmin Drive 60LM

Webupdater

I almost downloaded it, but after reading my Nuvi 255W was discontinued, I think I'll wait for some braver sole to dive in.

Thanks

Appreciate the heads up.

Fred

.

Funny, my currently installed version (2.4.2.0) of WebUpdater does not detect this new version (2.5.1.0) of WebUpdater. That's the first thing it supposedly checks for when it's run. Another Garmin inconsistency.

--
nuvi 760, nuvi 765T, nuvi 855, nuvi 3790LMT, nuvi 3490LMT - SoCal area

Used it...

on my 370...will wait and see...

--
"Backward, turn backward, oh time in your flight, make me a child again, just for tonight."

OK, I'll try

Changes made from version 2.4.2 to 2.5.1:
◦Added ability to update devices with invalid GarminDevice.xml.
◦Added overall progress for multiple updates.
◦Added Select All/None checkbox on the Multiple Updates page.
◦Added error reporting.

I'll report back on how it works with my three nuvis.

[Update]
As previously stated, my older WU did not find the new version so I downloaded and installed it manually.

Functionally, I saw no difference with past versions when running while connected to my PC and each of my three nuvis. I had nothing available that I wanted to update so I don't know how that will work.

Details: The new WU was tested on a Windows 7 64bit system under an Administrator user account. The program installed and runs fine without MS tinkering. Note also that my nuvi 750 has the short-lived firmware v5.1 rather than the currently offered 4.9.

All in all, I see no reason to avoid the update while also saying that I see no current advantage to the new version.

Interesting, the ◦Added Select All/None checkbox on the Multiple Updates page. gives us the option of making WebUpdater work as well as myDashboard! wink

2.5.1

My 2.4.2 version of WU doesn't detect 2.5.1 either

--
"It's not where you start, but where you end up." Where am I and what am I doing in this hand basket?

Installed and working fine

New version 2.5.1 installed no problems.
I like the option for picking the updates to installed or not install.

--
Garmin Nuvi 765T, Garmin Drive 60LM

No new updates to try it out

No new updates to try it out for.Maybe this will fix the voice update for the 2x5 series if a new update comes out.

--
Charlie. Nuvi 265 WT and Nuvi 2597 LMT. Android Here WeGo - Offline Maps & GPS.

Update

DorkusNimrod wrote:

Funny, my currently installed version (2.4.2.0) of WebUpdater does not detect this new version (2.5.1.0) of WebUpdater. That's the first thing it supposedly checks for when it's run. Another Garmin inconsistency.

When I opened v2.4.2.0 and hit next, a popup showed an update v2.5.1.0 was available for dl. Hit ok it dls and loads in.

--
All the worlds indeed a stage and we are merely players. Rush

ditto

d-moo70 wrote:

When I opened v2.4.2.0 and hit next, a popup showed an update v2.5.1.0 was available for dl. Hit ok it dls and loads in.

Mac version still 2.0.6

the mac version is still stuck back in 2009.

--
Nuvi 2460, 680, DATUM Tymserve 2100, Trimble Thunderbolt, Ham radio, Macintosh, Linux, Windows

.

d-moo70 wrote:

When I opened v2.4.2.0 and hit next, a popup showed an update v2.5.1.0 was available for dl. Hit ok it dls and loads in.

I tried it this morning, and no luck. This afternoon, the Updater showed the new version. I guess they fixed it.

--
nüvi 3790T | nüvi 775T | Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, will make violent revolution inevitable ~ JFK

webupdater

yea funny how those things work....

Yep

k6rtm wrote:

the mac version is still stuck back in 2009.

Mac's are for KIds
Adults get upset stomach's when consumed laugh out loud

--
2 DriveSmart 65's - We do not live in Igloo's and do not all ride to work on snow mobiles.

Anyone tried yet?

Anyone tried yet? Improvement?

No problems

Just ran the old version for my Nuvi 760 and it did prompt me to update to the new version 2.5.1. Like others, no problem installing or running the new version, but I had nothing to update (3 it offered for European languages don't apply)

--
Garmin Nuvi 760, Drivesmart 55; Retired Nuvi 765T ><> Dave <>< "He is no fool, who gives up what he cannot keep, to gain what he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

Update time

d-moo70 wrote:
DorkusNimrod wrote:

Funny, my currently installed version (2.4.2.0) of WebUpdater does not detect this new version (2.5.1.0) of WebUpdater. That's the first thing it supposedly checks for when it's run. Another Garmin inconsistency.

When I opened v2.4.2.0 and hit next, a popup showed an update v2.5.1.0 was available for dl. Hit ok it dls and loads in.

It looks like sometime between 7 and 8 PM last evening the link to update WebUpdater started working. I still had to do it manually after reading Charlesd45 post at 6:57 PM.

--
Harley BOOM GTS, Zumo 665, (2) Nuvi 765Ts, 1450LMT, 1350LM & others | 2019 Harley Ultra Limited Shrine - Peace Officer Dark Blue

why does one need to install

why does one need to install the webupdater?

last time I did a firmware update, I just logged into the garmin website and it had a place to click to download the new firmware for my nuvi.

?

Nice Except

Nice they are updating it except there have not been any updates for the 7x5 in ages. Kind of pointless for me to update the updater when it has nothing to update. I do wish they would focus on fixing bugs in some of the older (but not that old) devices.

--
I support the right to keep and arm bears.

Thanks COOL

Thanks for the info! Just downloaded on my Garmin 265wt. grin

--
D.H.

Function of WebUpdater

@HowardZ

With WebUpdater you can upgrade not only device firmware, but also Bluetooth, text, and voices.

Larry

--
Nuvi 2595LMT Nuvi 2460LMT Nuvi 40LM

Good catch...gonna try this

Good catch...gonna try this tonite...

--
-Chris

765T Bugs???

Aardvark wrote:

Nice they are updating it except there have not been any updates for the 7x5 in ages. Kind of pointless for me to update the updater when it has nothing to update. I do wish they would focus on fixing bugs in some of the older (but not that old) devices.

@Aardvark,
Just curious what bugs you have with the 765T. My wife and daughter use 765Ts and haven't told me of any problems. I know the 765T handles alerts perfectly where my Zumo 660 constantly alert through the entire alert distance on many of the same POIs. Anyway, just curious what the problems are???

--
Harley BOOM GTS, Zumo 665, (2) Nuvi 765Ts, 1450LMT, 1350LM & others | 2019 Harley Ultra Limited Shrine - Peace Officer Dark Blue

Why not

I feel like a little gamble tonight, guess I will try it out. Many Thanks

update infor

Thanks for the information!

Thanks

Just updated and use it.

I updated Jill.

After the update was complete there was a box telling me what had been updated.

Everything seems to be working fine.

--
Mary, Nuvi 2450, Garmin Viago, Honda Navigation, Nuvi 750 (gave to son)

thx

thank u

--
Southern CA Temp 76 and Sunny. Running around with my Nuvi 465T. Getting lost around the country and loving it.

Two Bugs

bear007 wrote:
Aardvark wrote:

Nice they are updating it except there have not been any updates for the 7x5 in ages. Kind of pointless for me to update the updater when it has nothing to update. I do wish they would focus on fixing bugs in some of the older (but not that old) devices.

@Aardvark,
Just curious what bugs you have with the 765T. My wife and daughter use 765Ts and haven't told me of any problems. I know the 765T handles alerts perfectly where my Zumo 660 constantly alert through the entire alert distance on many of the same POIs. Anyway, just curious what the problems are???

First, most people do not use it but when 4.00 came out, the Garmin Language Guide broke. It stopped speaking.

Second, almost consistently, when I get an alert that there is traffic on my route, I can crash the device by going into the traffic menu and try to list the traffic events on my route. The device will reboot and work fine then. Judging from the crash logs it appears to be a memory corruption error. Probably a simple programming mistake that most likely involves a buffer overrun. It will never be fixed IMHO.

--
I support the right to keep and arm bears.

Not used

I know my wife and daughter don't use the language guide, nor do I on my Zumo.

They both have the traffic but I'm sure they don't investigate traffic further down the list either.

These are good to know though. Thanks

The Zumo has crashes similiar to your traffic crash but it is when I try to use the built-in POIs that it crashes 50% of the time. It will come back on and continue navigating. I just got my 3rd (exchanged) Zumo last week, maybe this one won't do it. Maybe I'll keep exchanging them until they fix it.

--
Harley BOOM GTS, Zumo 665, (2) Nuvi 765Ts, 1450LMT, 1350LM & others | 2019 Harley Ultra Limited Shrine - Peace Officer Dark Blue

...

Thanks for the information smile

--
Michael (Nuvi 2639LMT)

Thanks !

Downloading right now.

--
Ain't nuthin' never just right to do the things you wanna do when you wanna do them, so you best just go ahead and do them anyway ! (Rancid Crabtree, from Pat F McManus fame)

I tried the webupdater on my

I tried the webupdater on my 750, it had two items to download - a voice and text (for other country).

Well, I did it three times, and that foreign country text kept showing up in webupdater.

Perhaps I didn't have enough space for it?

It's no loss, since I don't speak Ukranian.

I took the plunge

It downloaded, installed and ran with no problems, as far as I can see.

Which is a shock considering Garmin's reputation recently.

What could be changed?

I use 2.0.6 for Mac OSX, and it works fine.

What are we missing?

--
GPSMAP64s, iPhone 12, Yaesu VX-8R w/GPS.

Any special reason to update

Any special reason to update when my current version is working just great????

--
NickJr Nuvi 3597LMT

Thanks for the heads-up

Thanks for the heads-up smile

Probably no choice

nickjr wrote:

Any special reason to update when my current version is working just great????

The next time you use webupdater I don't think it will give you a choice. It will update itself first then the GPS.

The good news, there really hasn't been any problems reported by anyone that I've seen.

--
Harley BOOM GTS, Zumo 665, (2) Nuvi 765Ts, 1450LMT, 1350LM & others | 2019 Harley Ultra Limited Shrine - Peace Officer Dark Blue

thanks

thanks

New Version Out Now

Version 2.5.2

--
Dwayne, Nuvi 1690

No problems so far with 2.5.2

Seems to work without issue.

--
Matt

Upgraded to 2.5.2. without

Upgraded to 2.5.2. without any problem.
Thanks for the notice.

--
Tight lines