What happened to map loaded to GPS

 

I have a Garmin 1450 and I just loaded a map from mapquest to my 1450 and it said I was successful but I can't find the location I loaded to my Garmin. I have gone to tools etc and can't find it.Thank you

import the route

After transferring the route, you need to import the route through the ‘My Data’ function on the Nuvi.

--
nuvi 1690 with ecoRoute HD, SP2610 (retired), Edge 305, Forerunner 405

You

mdh31951 wrote:

I have a Garmin 1450 and I just loaded a map from mapquest to my 1450 and it said I was successful but I can't find the location I loaded to my Garmin. I have gone to tools etc and can't find it.Thank you

You didn't load a map but could have loaded a 'route' or 'waypoints' to the Nuvi. If it was a route you need to import the route as noted (Tools - My Data - Import Route(s) ). If you downloaded only the waypoints then they should show up as Favorites (Where To? - Favorites)

--
Nuvi 350, 760, 1695LM, 3790LMT, 2460LMT, 3597LMTHD, DriveLuxe 50LMTHD, DriveSmart 61, Garmin Backup Camera 40 and TomTom XXL540s.

Map download

Thank you I will try it.

Map download

Thank you,I will try your suggestion.

Lost map

I found it thank you it was downloaded as a way point,as you said I found it as a favorite.Can you tell me how to download a map from map quest.

download map

Sorry. I misread map as route above.

You can either download a POI or a route. I don't know what you mean by downloading a map. A map of what? You already have maps on your nuvi.

--
nuvi 1690 with ecoRoute HD, SP2610 (retired), Edge 305, Forerunner 405

.

You cannot send maps from MapQuest to the Garmin GPS unit.

MapSource or MapQuest?

Motorcycle Mama wrote:

You cannot send maps from MapQuest to the Garmin GPS unit.

Did the OP mean MapSource? I wasn't aware you could download anything from MapQuest to Garmin.

-Dave

Mapquest

dconsolla wrote:
Motorcycle Mama wrote:

You cannot send maps from MapQuest to the Garmin GPS unit.

Did the OP mean MapSource? I wasn't aware you could download anything from MapQuest to Garmin.

-Dave

Mapquest is very good to send a location to your favorites just like Google and you can also send a route.Google will not send a route.

--
Charlie. Nuvi 265 WT and Nuvi 2597 LMT. Android Here WeGo - Offline Maps & GPS.

Maps

Thank you,now I will quit trying.

Maps

Motorcycle Mama wrote:

You cannot send maps from MapQuest to the Garmin GPS unit.

Thanks now I will quit trying to do something that can't be done.