Moab Utah - Crystal Geyser Trail
Raw file: Moab Utah - Crystal Geyser Trail.csv (264 bytes)
Includes 5 locations in the following area:
- United States: UT
Few OHV experiences can rival the fun of riding an ATV in Utah’s Moab backcountry. An endless variety of undulating and challenging terrain combined with spectacular scenery provide an unforgettable experience.
It’s easy to find your way around the small town of Moab. Main St (Hwy 191) runs north and south all the way through town. Center St and Main St, where Moab Information Center is located, marks the center of town. If you need lodging or camping, it is a good idea to call well in advance.
There are several places in Moab to rent ATV’s. Check www.discovermoab.com/autorental.htm for latest information or just drive down Main St. You should check Utah’s OHV Laws (http://stateparks.utah.gov/stateparks/ohv) or call 800-648-7433.
Using your GPS for each trail
I have included Way Points for the trail. Also, in the description below, I have included complete instructions on the trail. I would print or copy the instructions off if you plan on using these Way Points.
Crystal Geyser Trail
Highlights: Although not difficult, trail is remote and desolate, providing true backcountry experience. There are unusual rock formations, desolate terrain in places and the Geyser is not Old Faithful.
Getting There: From Moab, take Hwy 191 north about 30 miles to Interstate 70. Go west about 7 miles to Exit 175 (some maps have this as 173). Head south on Ruby Ranch Rd. After 4.1 miles continue straight under power lines. (Left goes to Tenmile Wash Trail) or back to Hwy 191 via Blue Hills Rd. You reach the staging area in another 3.5 miles at a major fork.
- Staging (mile 0) - Left (South West) from staging area
- WP1 (miles 4.1) - Where major road forks after first oil well tanks, turn right on faint road over small pipe lying on ground. Do NOT follow the main road straight downhill. Path becomes better defined and drops down into dry wash. Bear left in wash
- (miles 4.5) - Follow winding wash another 4.5 miles until it runs into larger Salt Wash and turn left.
- (miles 4.7) - Turn right out of larger wash
- (miles 5.0) - Turn left onto good road at unusual rock formation
- WP2 (miles 5.4) - Bear right on lesser road at fork
- (miles 0.9) – Turn right at 4-way intersection
- (miles 2.3) – Turn left and cross cattle guard
- (miles 2.9) – Follow road to left
- (miles 4.1) – Road joins on left, continue straight
- WP3 (miles 4.7) – Bear right, road joins on left
- (miles 5.7) – Go straight where large road joins on right
- (miles 6.7) - View of Green River from high ridge. Stay right as roads go left
- (miles 8.1) - Drop downhill into wash and bear right as you join better road. (Remember to turn left here on return trip)
- (miles 8.6) – Turn left on major dirt road
- WP4 (miles 9.1) - Road ends at Crystal Geyser near river. Turn around and retrace route back to WP3
- WP3 (miles 9.1) – Turn left on good road
- WP1 (miles 5.8) – Arrive back at start