c330 vs 550?

 

I currently own (and enjoy) my c330. I have come into some extra cash and was thinking about upgrading to the 550. I would, however, need to sell my 330 to do so.

Question: Is the 550 worth the extra $$$? I like the though of being able to use the BT with the cell phone... but is anything else with the 550 make it much better?

Thanks,
Jack

sponsored links

I have the ...

I own the c530, which is almost like the c550 but I dont have Bluetooth, Mp3 playing, or Text to speech. Also I would need to purchase the cable for Traffic info.

With that, I am not missing those features as much as I thought I would. The BT would be nice but I got a BT mic now that is great. The TTS was a good idea but again, Not missing it.

I am very happy with this model even if I dont have the extras..

Really depends on what you want to really use your GPS for.

(I got a mp3 player in my car, A BT phone, and a wife that can do my TTS for me)

--
Bobkz - Garmin Nuvi 3597LMTHD/2455LMT/C530/C580- "Pain Is Fear Leaving The Body - Semper Fidelis"

I'm with bobkz on this>>>

the 530 is a great tool. I did not see the need to go the extra $$$ for the 550's features...

JM2C YMMV smile

Regards, Ted

--
"You can't get there from here"

c330 vs c550

OutfieldJack wrote:

Question: Is the 550 worth the extra $$$? I like the though of being able to use the BT with the cell phone... but is anything else with the 550 make it much better?

I too have the c530 and am very happy with it. However, getting back to your original question re. the c330 vs c550, the major advantage of the c5xx series would be the screen, the chipset ie SiRF,and the ability to load and use POI's from the SD card. The screen is very bright. The SiRF enables better satelite connection in canyons and with tall buildings. Using POI's from the SD card enables unlimited POI's.
In addition to the above, the advantages of the c550 are bluetooth, mp3, tourguides, and included traffic receiver.

--
Garmin StreetPilot c530, Mapsource

tourguides

I am told that the tourguides can also be used in the c530. Would that mean a mp3 could be used.. I think one could use it but doesnt have the feature to select it to "play" the songs on it.

When I went to garmin, I saw that I could purchase the SD cards for the tourguides and such.

Not sure what to make of that info...

--
Bobkz - Garmin Nuvi 3597LMTHD/2455LMT/C530/C580- "Pain Is Fear Leaving The Body - Semper Fidelis"

Tourguides

bobkz wrote:

I am told that the tourguides can also be used in the c530. Would that mean a mp3 could be used.. I think one could use it but doesnt have the feature to select it to "play" the songs on it.

When I went to garmin, I saw that I could purchase the SD cards for the tourguides and such.

Not sure what to make of that info...

I guess I just assumed that since the c530 didn't have mp3 capability that it couldn't use Tourguides. Does anyone have experience with Tourguides and the c530?

--
Garmin StreetPilot c530, Mapsource

C530 vs C550

I orginally had the C340 but was unable to see the screen in any type of sun light. It's like night and day between the two, I also like the fact that the C550 is handsfree/bluetooth, I wasn't going to upgrade because I didn't think my current Verizon cell phone would work because it was not listed, but come to find out it work great.

TourGuide

mkahn wrote:
bobkz wrote:

I am told that the tourguides can also be used in the c530. Would that mean a mp3 could be used.. I think one could use it but doesnt have the feature to select it to "play" the songs on it.

When I went to garmin, I saw that I could purchase the SD cards for the tourguides and such.

Not sure what to make of that info...

I guess I just assumed that since the c530 didn't have mp3 capability that it couldn't use Tourguides. Does anyone have experience with Tourguides and the c530?

From the Garmin web site:

Garmin TourGuide POIs are currently compatible with the nüvi™, zūmo™, and the StreetPilot® c550, 2730, 2820, 7200 and 7500.

http://www.garmin.com/products/poiloader/index.jsp

(Pg 14 of the c530 manual does not list mp3 as a supported file type).

--
........Garmin StreetPilot c550 / Nüvi 765...........

Thanks for the help guys...

Thanks for the help guys... if I can sell my c330, I think I'll upgrade!

Jack