I plan to take 765t for London trip.

 

I have Eurpean map on a SD card. Do I need set up the GPS in anyway before I go or after I arrive? Download satellite locations, reset default locations, etc?

.

No. You don't need to do anything special. But the unit will likely take a bit longer to initialize and get the first lock once you get there. But after that, you will be fine.

Thanks for your reply. The

Thanks for your reply. The last time I was in Europe, my GPS unit could not locate any satellites. I figured something must wrong after 15 minutes trying. Should I have waited longer? How long should it have taken?

.

It can typically take 30 - 45 minutes for a change that big. One thing that you might be able to do to speed it up, is to change the time zone on the unit manually once you get there.

or make sure it's got a good charge

And take it on the plane and follow the flight path... Then it will know were it is when you land - provided the battery lasts for the full flight smile

--
*Keith* MacBook Pro *wifi iPad(2012) w/BadElf GPS & iPhone6 + Navigon*

Re: or make sure it's got a good charge

kch50428 wrote:

And take it on the plane and follow the flight path... Then it will know were it is when you land - provided the battery lasts for the full flight smile

Should have told them about being next to window or it will never lock while you are airborn.

So, "ianlin" Have you thought about how you are going to keep your Nuvu charged while there? Will you have accesss to 115V or are you taking a converter? I think converters are cheaper here.

--
Metricman Nuvi 660, GTM-20 Traffic Receiver Nuvi 3597 GTM-60 Traffic Receiver Williamsburg, VA

Taking the GPS toEurope

I toke my Garmin 670 to Portugal and I did not have a problem locating the satellites.
I toke the gps inside the plane and I could not have a fix on the satellites,but when I arrived toke the gps out of the bag and in a few minutes I was negativing my way out of the airport.
Note I advise that you program your trip to the place you are going after you leave the airport. This way you will be more confident in a place you are not used getting around.

--
Gps! ask where to go and get there! Best of all, what we need is to have accurate pois to reach all destinations

Holy Cow! 30-45 minutes? I

Holy Cow! 30-45 minutes? I had no idea. I wonder if it would faster if I reset the unit?

I will use my laptop

metricman wrote:
kch50428 wrote:

And take it on the plane and follow the flight path... Then it will know were it is when you land - provided the battery lasts for the full flight smile

Should have told them about being next to window or it will never lock while you are airborn.

So, "ianlin" Have you thought about how you are going to keep your Nuvu charged while there? Will you have accesss to 115V or are you taking a converter? I think converters are cheaper here.

I plan on charging it from the USB port of my laptop.

It will work

ianlin wrote:

I plan on charging it from the USB port of my laptop.

That will work. Of course, it will also recharge when connected to a car, as it does here. Make sure you take your car mounting gear/cable with you.

.

Don't forget to change the voice to Daniel or Emily.

Time to asquire sattelites

ianlin wrote:

Holy Cow! 30-45 minutes? I had no idea. I wonder if it would faster if I reset the unit?

If your Gps is slow to acquire satellites you should turn off the gps and turn on again. Sometimes I turn my gps on and does not receive any thing, what I do I turn off and on and takes no time to start navigate.

--
Gps! ask where to go and get there! Best of all, what we need is to have accurate pois to reach all destinations