"Updating GPS Firmware" messages on 765T

 

I am still getting "Updating GPS Firmware" messages almost everyday on my NUvi 765T screen. Today after firmware update (3.40) it is more frequent.
Is anyone else getting the same messages?
I will appreciate your feedback.

--
Iphone XR, Drivesmart 61,Nuvicam, Nuvi3597

Reset

rookie8155 wrote:

I am still getting "Updating GPS Firmware" messages almost everyday on my NUvi 765T screen. Today after firmware update (3.40) it is more frequent.
Is anyone else getting the same messages?
I will appreciate your feedback.

Have you tried a hard reset? If you would like to, please backup your favorites as they will be cleared. You can use MapSource to import and export you favorites.

Hard Reset on most Nuvi’s
1.- Power off the GPS
2.- Press and hold the right bottom corner
3.- Power on
4.- System asks "Do you want to erase all user data?"
5.- If you answer "yes" next screen looks like brand new device

Let us know how it goes... cool

--
nüvi 3590LMT "always backup your files"

Reset

My 680 does not erase the favorites when I do the reset. Just the user information is deleted. Of course I have to reset the time zone and acquire the satellite position again. I do this when I want to clear all the Bluetooth telephone information.

--
NUVI 680, NUVI 5000, MS S&T,

nope

mine does not do what youa re saying

OK, I will try hard reset

OK, I will try hard reset today and let you know, it it makes any difference.

--
Iphone XR, Drivesmart 61,Nuvicam, Nuvi3597

Software update

Huh, I have reset my 755t with every software update and it always cleared my favorites. I just tried it again and my favorites stayed put. I wonder if Garmin altered there software install so it wouldn’t clear the favorites…hmm

In any case, backing up your favorites or anything else you like is good practice.

--
nüvi 3590LMT "always backup your files"

765T has never erased my

765T has never erased my favorites after any of the many updates......nor after resetting it each time.

--
Nuvi 765T, Street Pilot I5, Nuvi 750, Nuvi 3570

I think it Bluetooth

I think it is Bluetooth causing this problem. I did hard reset, after reset, blutooth got disabled and no more "GPS Firmeware upgrade" messgae. Once I enabled Bluetooth, I got the same enoying message back again. AFter that I disabled Bluetooth and no more messaages. I will keep bluetooth disable for the next few days and see what happens.

--
Iphone XR, Drivesmart 61,Nuvicam, Nuvi3597

I have seen this a couple of times

I have seen this a couple of times on my 765T. I don't use Bluetooth, so that isn't the cause in my case. I am just thinking out loud here, but in my case I think I may not have had it securely seated in the cradle, as if some of the pins may not have been communicating correctly????? rolleyes

--
— (Garmin nuvi 765T) — "people who say money can't buy happiness, don't know where to shop"

jim8650 wrote:I have seen

jim8650 wrote:

I have seen this a couple of times on my 765T. I don't use Bluetooth, so that isn't the cause in my case. I am just thinking out loud here, but in my case I think I may not have had it securely seated in the cradle, as if some of the pins may not have been communicating correctly????? rolleyes

Do you get the message "Updating GPS Firmware"?

--
Iphone XR, Drivesmart 61,Nuvicam, Nuvi3597

yes

rookie8155 wrote:
jim8650 wrote:

I have seen this a couple of times on my 765T. I don't use Bluetooth, so that isn't the cause in my case. I am just thinking out loud here, but in my case I think I may not have had it securely seated in the cradle, as if some of the pins may not have been communicating correctly????? rolleyes

Do you get the message "Updating GPS Firmware"?

the message appeared as a text screen covering the entire display area...it showed a percentage or progress, starting at 1%, and then at 2% or so, disappeared, only to return again, until I shut down, removed and replaced the 765T in the cradle and powered back up

--
— (Garmin nuvi 765T) — "people who say money can't buy happiness, don't know where to shop"

Mine stopped doing this

Mine stopped doing this after I updated to the most current firmware. But I don't know if there's any differences from unit to unit.

I just sent email to Garmin

I just sent email to Garmin Support regarding this issue and let us see what they would say.

--
Iphone XR, Drivesmart 61,Nuvicam, Nuvi3597