Whole Foods Mkt project discussion

 

I have emailed brott, but he must not be working on the file.
Anyone out there want a few updates for the file?

Rayzers

POI Files

--
You can walk a horse to water, but a pencil has to be led.
Page 1>>

Rayzers, Go ahead and make

Rayzers,

Go ahead and make the changes in the file and send it over to me;) I will get the update posted as soon as I get it.

Miss POI

.

miss poi wrote:

Rayzers,

Go ahead and make the changes in the file and send it over to me;) I will get the update posted as soon as I get it.

Miss POI

Oh Miss Poi, you have the changes already. I sent you an email with the changes a week or two ago, member?

P.S. I didn't keep a copy of the email or the changes, so you still have them?

smile

--
You can walk a horse to water, but a pencil has to be led.

I will find it and get those

I will find it and get those changes made, it must be in my to do pile. I am still playing catch up.

Miss POI

.

Miss POI - if the file is orphaned I can take over the maintenance if you'd like.

Rayzers, I have made your

Rayzers, I have made your changes and Gadgetguy2008, you now have control of the updates to this file.

Thanks guys.

Miss POI

Whole Foods Maui

HI,

Would you please add Whole Foods Maui 70 East Kaahumanu Avenue Kahului, HI 96732-2113

N20 53.514 W156 27.874

If there's a better way to submit things please advise.

Thanks

--
Mac and NUVI 350

I realise this file has

I realise this file has recently been updated but today I found that the Roseville, CA store is missing. This is the line I added to my copy to help out whoever updates the file next, thanks. smile

-121.266042,38.766312,Whole Foods Market - Roseville,"1001 Galleria Blvd., Roseville, CA 95678Store Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. seven days a week.916.781.5300"

(I don't know the fax#)

Number of stores

I just played around with this to see what I could do.

I first Googled Whole Food Marketand found a store locator. Here is the link http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/stores/all/

It was such a long list that I did not want to try to count the stores. So - I did a CNTL-A to highlight the page and a CNTL-C to copy it. I opened an Excel spreadsheet and copied the store list into Excel. Then, I looked for something that was common to all store entries and decided that "store web page" would do. I did a "Find All" on that character string and it told me I had 308 hits. Thought that was a neat use of Excel but Word would have done the same thing.

The POI file has 297 entries, but this includes the Canada stores. I do notice that there are several stores in Tennessee that are not in the list including the one here in Chattanooga.

They are:
-85.314224, 35.062636
Whole Foods Market • Greenlife Grocery Chattanooga
301 Manufacturers Rd,
Chattanooga, TN
423.702.7300
423.702.7399 fax
7am-10pm Every Day

-86.805210, 35.932420
Whole Foods Market • McEwen
1566 West McEwen Drive,
Franklin, TN 37067

Whole Foods Rockville MD

They are moving to a new location by mid-April, it will be the White Flint location.

11355 Woodglen Drive, Rockville, MD 20852

-77.112072 LONG
39.042520 LAT

This store is opening next week, and they are closing the old location as well. The new store looks nice, larger than the old one.

--
Streetpilot C340 Nuvi 2595 LMT

new store

I believe they opened a new store in Trolly Square in salt lake city

Correct

blake7mstr wrote:

I believe they opened a new store in Trolly Square in salt lake city

Not sure when this was opened, but there is one definitely there. Funny thing, we tried to send mail to them, it came back returned.... We called to confirm the correct address (which we have). Strange. The store does exist though!

--
Streetpilot C340 Nuvi 2595 LMT

big article

shrifty wrote:
blake7mstr wrote:

I believe they opened a new store in Trolly Square in salt lake city

Not sure when this was opened, but there is one definitely there. Funny thing, we tried to send mail to them, it came back returned.... We called to confirm the correct address (which we have). Strange. The store does exist though!

there was a big article in the newspaper here(Salt Lake)

POI updates

blake7mstr wrote:
shrifty wrote:
blake7mstr wrote:

I believe they opened a new store in Trolly Square in salt lake city

Not sure when this was opened, but there is one definitely there. Funny thing, we tried to send mail to them, it came back returned.... We called to confirm the correct address (which we have). Strange. The store does exist though!

there was a big article in the newspaper here(Salt Lake)

I've been going through the POI, there are a number of changes to make that I've seen so far. Wild Oats was bought out by Whole Foods Market, and they have changed the banners some time ago. I was at a few of the Wild Oats stores as they were converting which was interesting to see.

I noticed something odd with the "Last Update date" on the POI. In one place, it says the last update was June 1st 2010, and in another location it says January 28th 2011.

--
Streetpilot C340 Nuvi 2595 LMT

Thanks.

I will use these POI's. Thanks

--
RKF (Bethesda, MD) Garmin Nuvi 660, 360 & Street Pilot

Gadget Guy

Does anyone know if Gadget Guy is still interested in maintaining this POI? I did not see a way to contact him. If not, I wouldn't mind taking over this project. I am working on updating a copy for my personal use, wouldn't mind sharing it once it is complete.

--
Streetpilot C340 Nuvi 2595 LMT

.

@shrifty - you are more than welcome to take over this project. I no longer use my Garmin (switched to smartphone) so I rarely use custom POI.

Miss POI - could you please assign this project to shrifty. Thank you.

Thanks :)

GadgetGuy2008 wrote:

@shrifty - you are more than welcome to take over this project. I no longer use my Garmin (switched to smartphone) so I rarely use custom POI.

Miss POI - could you please assign this project to shrifty. Thank you.

Thanks GadgetGuy! Out of curiosity, how up-to-date are the POIs on your phone? I would guess that they update on a regular basis? Either way, I'm sure it is better than a standard GPS unit. Good thing we have this site to correct that!

--
Streetpilot C340 Nuvi 2595 LMT

I have made that

I have made that change;)

Miss POI

Thanks :D

miss poi wrote:

I have made that change;)

Miss POI

Thanks Miss POI! Now I'll have to read up on the FAQs to figure out how to maintain it grin

--
Streetpilot C340 Nuvi 2595 LMT

.

shrifty wrote:

Out of curiosity, how up-to-date are the POIs on your phone? I would guess that they update on a regular basis?

The majority of the time I use Google maps on my phone. So the POIs are as up to date as Google.

.

shrifty wrote:
miss poi wrote:

I have made that change;)

Miss POI

Thanks Miss POI! Now I'll have to read up on the FAQs to figure out how to maintain it grin

If they are minor I will update right on line. If the file requires a lot of manipulation and work I will download from the site, make my changes and then upload it back to the site.

--
Nuvi 2460LMT.

Lot of work up front...

pwohlrab wrote:
shrifty wrote:
miss poi wrote:

I have made that change;)

Miss POI

Thanks Miss POI! Now I'll have to read up on the FAQs to figure out how to maintain it grin

If they are minor I will update right on line. If the file requires a lot of manipulation and work I will download from the site, make my changes and then upload it back to the site.

When I looked at the POI, it is really great (thanks Gadget Guy!) however I decided it will be easiest in the long run if I re-organize it to mirror the Whole Foods Market website instead of keeping it alphabetical by store name. This part is time consuming as I need to move the rows around, and I'm also verifying that all of the addresses/phone numbers/etc... are correct. I recall a few locations moving (Annapolis for one, possibly Ann Arbor MI) and Rockville just moved to its new location today! I have about 150 of the stores completed, and would like to have it finalized by this Saturday.

For anyone who has been to Whole Foods you will know how each store has a different layout, however Jacksonville and Wellington in FL are exactly identical!

--
Streetpilot C340 Nuvi 2595 LMT

POI has been uploaded.

I have updated the POI, which includes the store phone, fax, and hours. All of this information will not fit on the screen of my GPS which is fine with me, but I'm not sure how it displays on other units (mine is a Streetpilot c340).

I will probably take out the fax if no one minds to save some space.

--
Streetpilot C340 Nuvi 2595 LMT

No problem with fax

shrifty wrote:

I have updated the POI, which includes the store phone, fax, and hours. All of this information will not fit on the screen of my GPS which is fine with me, but I'm not sure how it displays on other units (mine is a Streetpilot c340).

I will probably take out the fax if no one minds to save some space.

I have a zumo 660 which is a wide screen. I have no problem with the fax number. Many of the newer GPSs have a MORE screen which has a down arrow to scroll down if necessary to see all the info.

--
Harley BOOM GTS, Zumo 665, (2) Nuvi 765Ts, 1450LMT, 1350LM & others | 2019 Harley Ultra Limited Shrine - Peace Officer Dark Blue

Good to know

bear007 wrote:
shrifty wrote:

I have updated the POI, which includes the store phone, fax, and hours. All of this information will not fit on the screen of my GPS which is fine with me, but I'm not sure how it displays on other units (mine is a Streetpilot c340).

I will probably take out the fax if no one minds to save some space.

I have a zumo 660 which is a wide screen. I have no problem with the fax number. Many of the newer GPSs have a MORE screen which has a down arrow to scroll down if necessary to see all the info.

Good to know, wasn't aware of that. Mine just stops displaying when it runs out of room. I'll just leave it as is then, easier to update and maintain that way. Thanks for the input!

--
Streetpilot C340 Nuvi 2595 LMT

More screen

Maybe its time to buy yourself a new MORE screen. grin

--
Harley BOOM GTS, Zumo 665, (2) Nuvi 765Ts, 1450LMT, 1350LM & others | 2019 Harley Ultra Limited Shrine - Peace Officer Dark Blue

Possible...

bear007 wrote:

Maybe its time to buy yourself a new MORE screen. grin

I just can't find anything that I would want to replace my c340! I looked, but there is nothing that interests me. This does everything I need, and is very accurate. Amazing how correct the Estimated Time of Arrival is, I've driven back to Western PA from Princeton NJ, it was off by 1 minute from the initial guess. Didn't fluctuate at all until the very end. Gotta stick with it!

--
Streetpilot C340 Nuvi 2595 LMT

If it works ...

and it does everything you want, then why change. I would probably still be using the old Lowrance iFinder if the screen didn't die. question

If your driving mostly highway the ETA accuracy is usually great. Its when you get on the side roads that it can be hit or miss. One day I get stuck at every stop light and time seems to drag on forever. On another day you catch all the greens and the sun is smiling on you. It will be something when someone makes a GPS that can guess the ETA when stop lights are involved.

--
Harley BOOM GTS, Zumo 665, (2) Nuvi 765Ts, 1450LMT, 1350LM & others | 2019 Harley Ultra Limited Shrine - Peace Officer Dark Blue

Agree

bear007 wrote:

and it does everything you want, then why change. I would probably still be using the old Lowrance iFinder if the screen didn't die. question

If your driving mostly highway the ETA accuracy is usually great. Its when you get on the side roads that it can be hit or miss. One day I get stuck at every stop light and time seems to drag on forever. On another day you catch all the greens and the sun is smiling on you. It will be something when someone makes a GPS that can guess the ETA when stop lights are involved.

No need to get rid of it yet, however the SD card slot is acting up every now and again. A few times my map didn't load, so I was looking to see what I would replace it with if it ever breaks for good. I'll probably look online and get another just like it.

--
Streetpilot C340 Nuvi 2595 LMT

thanks

I was going to post this. the new store is awesome!

shrifty wrote:

They are moving to a new location by mid-April, it will be the White Flint location.

11355 Woodglen Drive, Rockville, MD 20852

-77.112072 LONG
39.042520 LAT

This store is opening next week, and they are closing the old location as well. The new store looks nice, larger than the old one.

Store opening

nuvinooby wrote:

I was going to post this. the new store is awesome!

shrifty wrote:

They are moving to a new location by mid-April, it will be the White Flint location.

11355 Woodglen Drive, Rockville, MD 20852

-77.112072 LONG
39.042520 LAT

This store is opening next week, and they are closing the old location as well. The new store looks nice, larger than the old one.

I'd like to see it now that it is open for business. I was there about a week before opening. It is interesting to see how everything comes together in the last few days.

--
Streetpilot C340 Nuvi 2595 LMT

Charlottesville VA

They will be moving to a new location, opening on 6/7/2011. POI updated with address and dates of relocation.

--
Streetpilot C340 Nuvi 2595 LMT

minor updates

Made a few minor changes to names, revised opening dates if known.

--
Streetpilot C340 Nuvi 2595 LMT

WF - McEwen TN

This location will be opening May 18th.

--
Streetpilot C340 Nuvi 2595 LMT

Correction on Lat.,

Correction on Lat., Lon. Kahului, Maui

-156.464528,20.891556 Kahului, Maui

Thanks!

weetoots wrote:

Correction on Lat., Lon. Kahului, Maui

-156.464528,20.891556 Kahului, Maui

I'll update tonight, thanks for the update.

--
Streetpilot C340 Nuvi 2595 LMT

I've been there,

shrifty wrote:
weetoots wrote:

Correction on Lat., Lon. Kahului, Maui

-156.464528,20.891556 Kahului, Maui

I'll update tonight, thanks for the update.

I've been to this Whole Foods while on vacation back in January, but didn't use a POI to get to it. Out of curiousity, how far off are the coordinates?

--
Streetpilot C340 Nuvi 2595 LMT

POI updated

weetoots wrote:

Correction on Lat., Lon. Kahului, Maui

-156.464528,20.891556 Kahului, Maui

This has been updated.

In addition, the Fairfield CT location will be opening soon. June 3rd I believe.

--
Streetpilot C340 Nuvi 2595 LMT

Updates

Added Lafayette CA, updated some opening dates for stores in June.

--
Streetpilot C340 Nuvi 2595 LMT

Whole Foods Upper Arlington (West Lane)

"We are getting ready to move!!! In preparation of building our BRAND NEW Whole Foods Market, we are moving further in the Shops on Lane Avenue. One July 5th, we will be closing our doors at our current location, and opening our temporary store on July 6th, 2011! Our new address will be 1649 West Lane Avenue."

--
Streetpilot C340 Nuvi 2595 LMT

updates

Changed a few opening dates, removed old Charlottesville location, Fairfield now open.

--
Streetpilot C340 Nuvi 2595 LMT

UK Locations

Added UK stores.

--
Streetpilot C340 Nuvi 2595 LMT

You've gone International!

You've gone International!

--
Harley BOOM GTS, Zumo 665, (2) Nuvi 765Ts, 1450LMT, 1350LM & others | 2019 Harley Ultra Limited Shrine - Peace Officer Dark Blue

Technically....

bear007 wrote:

You've gone International!

I was "International" with Canada...

But we all know that doesn't really count. grin

I figured I may as well have all of the locations within the POI, it was only a few more to add. UK addresses are fairly easy to find, I wish all countries were that simple. Some POIs are giving me headaches trying to find the locations without a good address. Satellite images don't always help, and googling (sp?) doesn't either.

Now that I think about what you said/typed, I don't recall seeing any "International" locations on this site...

--
Streetpilot C340 Nuvi 2595 LMT

Fun

@shrifty,
Since taking over the file a while back it looks like you've had fun with it from all of the posts and updates.

I know about the headaches. When I was doing the Grainger Industrial Supply file I was running into addresses that I couldn't makes any sense of. I couldn't even figure out what went on what line of the address. No wonder the geo-coding had problems.

Great job! Keep on having fun!

--
Harley BOOM GTS, Zumo 665, (2) Nuvi 765Ts, 1450LMT, 1350LM & others | 2019 Harley Ultra Limited Shrine - Peace Officer Dark Blue

Thanks!

bear007 wrote:

@shrifty,
Since taking over the file a while back it looks like you've had fun with it from all of the posts and updates.

I know about the headaches. When I was doing the Grainger Industrial Supply file I was running into addresses that I couldn't makes any sense of. I couldn't even figure out what went on what line of the address. No wonder the geo-coding had problems.

Great job! Keep on having fun!

It is important to have fun and enjoy creating the POIs, makes it easier to keep after it. I can imagine the problems you ran into with that POI and the addressing, and if you aren't familiar with the area it can be quite daunting to find the actual coordinates.

With the Whole Foods POI, I have no choice but to keep it up to date! Personally I don't shop at Whole Foods as the closest one is about 65 - 70 miles away, but with work I make many visits. One week I went to all of the stores in Kentucky, Ohio, and Pittsburgh.

My co-worker went out to Encinitas to visit the store, it is opening up in a little over a week from now. I have a few visits to make this week or next, so it is crucial for us to have accurate coordinates so we can get our job done. Many of my visits are prior to the store's opening day. Any time a new store is opening or one closes, we will know about it and I just remove it from the list.

I'm glad I was able to take it over as I would have used my own anyway, or have been bugging the maintainer with constant updates smile

I wish I could say this POI is perfect, however I'm sure I could easily be proven wrong by the right person! I would greatly appreciate any updated coordinates, and have received a few updates (thanks for those!).

Some day I'm hoping to go through each location and verify them all with satellite images and street level view to get the exact coordinates to the parking lot entrance, but not looking forward to this task. I've done this with the ones I've visited recently.

--
Streetpilot C340 Nuvi 2595 LMT

.

Shrifty, you're a jewel on this file. Thanks for the hard work.

My crystal ball sees a COW for you soon.

--
nüvi 3790T | nüvi 775T | Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, will make violent revolution inevitable ~ JFK

Your crystal ball might need a tune up....

Juggernaut wrote:

Shrifty, you're a jewel on this file. Thanks for the hard work.

My crystal ball sees a COW for you soon.

Actually, I did receive a COW a few weeks/months? ago for this.. grin

Thanks for the appreciation! Fortunately this POI isn't difficult to keep updated, Whole Foods does a fine job of keeping their website accurate and communicate well with their business partners (at least from my experience).

--
Streetpilot C340 Nuvi 2595 LMT

.

Let me rub it again.... mrgreen

Is that dust?!

--
nüvi 3790T | nüvi 775T | Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, will make violent revolution inevitable ~ JFK

:D

Juggernaut wrote:

Let me rub it again.... wink

Funny thing, I'm better at updating the POI on the website than on my own GPS... It has been a few weeks since I reloaded. DOH!

--
Streetpilot C340 Nuvi 2595 LMT
Page 1>>