TTS for 250W

 

Does any one know if TTS can be added to 250W, is so, please let us know how?

See this thread

See this thread http://www.poi-factory.com/node/6558
Scroll down to retiredtechnician comments.

--
Charlie. Nuvi 265 WT and Nuvi 2597 LMT. Android Here WeGo - Offline Maps & GPS.

Short answer is NO

It seems that there is no way to activate TTS for the 250. It would have been too nice!

--
GARMIN nuvi 760 sites.google.com/site/lschwabe/

If you wanted TTS...

... then you should have purchased a unit that included it. rolleyes

Why do some people think that they should get for free what others have paid for????

--
Rick - Nüvi 260 - eTrex Summit HC

Thanks for ..

rapriebe wrote:

... then you should have purchased a unit that included it. rolleyes

Why do some people think that they should get for free what others have paid for????

Thanks for your advise, will keep in mind next time. But than what is wrong with getting it for free, if one can?

Nothing

desi wrote:
rapriebe wrote:

... then you should have purchased a unit that included it. rolleyes

Why do some people think that they should get for free what others have paid for????

Thanks for your advise, will keep in mind next time. But than what is wrong with getting it for free, if one can?

As long as it is done legally.

--
Glenn - Southern MD; SP C330 / Nuvi 750 / Nuvi 265WT

Fortunately...

gpfoster wrote:
desi wrote:
rapriebe wrote:

... then you should have purchased a unit that included it. rolleyes

Why do some people think that they should get for free what others have paid for????

Thanks for your advise, will keep in mind next time. But than what is wrong with getting it for free, if one can?

As long as it is done legally.

Fortunately, nobody has even managed to hack the Garmin OS illegally.

--
Rick - Nüvi 260 - eTrex Summit HC

what is wrong with getting it for free

rapriebe wrote:

Fortunately, nobody has even managed to hack the Garmin OS illegally.

Judging by what I saw in Internet, you are not right.

--
http://sch1106.mosuzedu.ru/

Inappropriate subject matter........

school_usa wrote:
rapriebe wrote:

Fortunately, nobody has even managed to hack the Garmin OS illegally.

Judging by what I saw in Internet, you are not right.

In spite of what some users may know regarding certain practices within the Internet community, these forums are strictly for discussion of legal alternatives. Any allusion to or discussion of "alternate access" or "alternate acquisition" methods is considered inappropriate content.

Not meant to be snarky - just a gentle reminder.

--
GPSMAP 76CSx - nüvi 760 - nüvi 200 - GPSMAP 78S

Larceny

What is wrong with getting it free??? It's called theft. If you don't see anything wrong with that then you are in the wrong forum.

--
Rick - Nüvi 260 - eTrex Summit HC

.

The comment from that user was typical troll post and typical of that user.

not agree

Motorcycle Mama wrote:

The comment from that user was typical troll post and typical of that user.

What's wrong with my comments?
I've just responded to rapriebe
Never there less thanks for your comment about me, will keep in mind next time.

--
http://sch1106.mosuzedu.ru/

Really?!?!? I guess that whole discussion about making TTS >>

thrak wrote:
school_usa wrote:
rapriebe wrote:

Fortunately, nobody has even managed to hack the Garmin OS illegally.

Judging by what I saw in Internet, you are not right.

In spite of what some users may know regarding certain practices within the Internet community, these forums are strictly for discussion of legal alternatives. Any allusion to or discussion of "alternate access" or "alternate acquisition" methods is considered inappropriate content.

Not meant to be snarky - just a gentle reminder.

for the C530 was just a bunch of illegal hackers making trouble. Of course those you paint with a broad brush stroke are highly respected members of this community!

Regards, Ted

--
"You can't get there from here"

Sir, you are woefully ill informed about one of the most >>>

rapriebe wrote:

What is wrong with getting it free??? It's called theft. If you don't see anything wrong with that then you are in the wrong forum.

popular discussion threads ever on this forum...going back to the bad old days when there were few of us around...the conversion of the c530 for TTS was a highly sought after tweak and explained in great depth by HIGHLY respected members of this community. I do not recall the owners of the forum having any problem with the discussion:

http://www.poi-factory.com/node/1864

Furthermore, another highly respected member of this forum devised a way to increase the volume of the voices which I suppose you'd also condemn:

http://www.poi-factory.com/node/3132

Matter of fact, this lead to COW awards for the individuals. Thus, before you cast further aspersions you might want to try the "Search" function!

Regards, Ted

--
"You can't get there from here"

Whatever

There are lots of people who don't see software piracy as theft... that doesn't change the facts. If Garmin wanted you to have free use of their copyrighted features, they wouldn't have made it so difficult to steal.

--
Rick - Nüvi 260 - eTrex Summit HC

Nobody stole anything>>>

rapriebe wrote:

There are lots of people who don't see software piracy as theft... that doesn't change the facts. If Garmin wanted you to have free use of their copyrighted features, they wouldn't have made it so difficult to steal.

and to my knowledge the English language is not copyrighted. If someone chooses to tweak software they legally own that is their right and privilege...is putting a K&N filter on your car stealing from GM because you no longer need a new GM supplied filter at every tune up?

Though I disagree with you I must say I admire you...only a man who has never burned a CD from someone else's collection; who never watched a pirated DVD; who has bought and paid for every single piece of software on his computer can speak with such moral clarity.

Regards, Ted

--
"You can't get there from here"

Love this logic

TMK wrote:

...is putting a K&N filter on your car stealing from GM because you no longer need a new GM supplied filter at every tune up?

The logic that people come up with whenever this type of discussion comes up absolutely floors me. I'm assuming of course that you actually went to a store and PAID for the K&N filter.

filter yes

but i made the cold air intake

Read the EULA

TMK wrote:
rapriebe wrote:

There are lots of people who don't see software piracy as theft... that doesn't change the facts. If Garmin wanted you to have free use of their copyrighted features, they wouldn't have made it so difficult to steal.

and to my knowledge the English language is not copyrighted. If someone chooses to tweak software they legally own that is their right and privilege...is putting a K&N filter on your car stealing from GM because you no longer need a new GM supplied filter at every tune up?

Though I disagree with you I must say I admire you...only a man who has never burned a CD from someone else's collection; who never watched a pirated DVD; who has bought and paid for every single piece of software on his computer can speak with such moral clarity.

Regards, Ted

Actually, the EULA that you have to agree to when you buy most software DOES include language that prohibits "tweaking" or modifying the copyrighted code. Try reading it sometime and you might be more enlightened.

Not going to continue this beating my head against your wall. I've made my point, and if you can't see it, then I'm sorry for you.

--
Rick - Nüvi 260 - eTrex Summit HC

Anybody here that signed any such agreement>>>

rapriebe wrote:
TMK wrote:
rapriebe wrote:

There are lots of people who don't see software piracy as theft... that doesn't change the facts. If Garmin wanted you to have free use of their copyrighted features, they wouldn't have made it so difficult to steal.

and to my knowledge the English language is not copyrighted. If someone chooses to tweak software they legally own that is their right and privilege...is putting a K&N filter on your car stealing from GM because you no longer need a new GM supplied filter at every tune up?

Though I disagree with you I must say I admire you...only a man who has never burned a CD from someone else's collection; who never watched a pirated DVD; who has bought and paid for every single piece of software on his computer can speak with such moral clarity.

Regards, Ted

Actually, the EULA that you have to agree to when you buy most software DOES include language that prohibits "tweaking" or modifying the copyrighted code. Try reading it sometime and you might be more enlightened.

Not going to continue this beating my head against your wall. I've made my point, and if you can't see it, then I'm sorry for you.

Please raise your hands ... I didn't think so wink Personally, I didn't agree to a d@m* thing other than pay my money and get a unit...whatever language Garmin, or any company for that matter, prints in a manual somewhere carries about as much weight as me saying:

"Reading this post means that you have understood same and agree that Ted is right. You agree never say, suggest, imply, assert, opine and/or attempt to say, suggest, imply, assert, opine to the contrary"

I suspect, given your mindset, that this discussion is now over and I have won...having now seen my disclaimer you wouldn't dare disagree with me, would you? smile

I do not blame Garmin for writing a disclaimer, nor do I fault them in any way for attempting to prevent "tweaking" (every update foils the tweak of which we speak) but, if you think that the EULA is going to obstruct human nature I have this bridge for sale! No need to be sorry for me...I have an open and flexible mind...more to the point, I did not insult, by calling thieves, any members of this forum.

Ted

--
"You can't get there from here"