Using your Rand McNally with POI Factory
You can add POI files to Rand McNally GPS units using Rand McNally's Dock software.
Rand McNally works with POI files that are in CSV format.
(For Tablets, OverDryve, and TND 740, see:
"Loading Custom POIs Onto Rand McNally Tablet based models".)
If you don't already have it, you'll need to get Rand McNally's free DOCK software:
Basic Steps for using DOCK:
1) Download all of the CSV files you want from POI Factory and save them in a folder on your computer.
Tip: Save the files on your computer, *not* the GPS.
2) Connect your GPS and use the Rand McNally Dock software to transfer each file from the computer to the GPS using "Custom POI Import".
Tip: Files saved on your computer can usually be found in the "Downloads" folder.
3) Re-start the GPS and follow on-screen instructions to complete the installation process.
- Dock can only import CSV files.
- Your GPS must connected to a power cord to complete step #3.
- You can adjust alert and icon settings for the files you've installed on the GPS at "Preferences" > "My Custom POIs" (general) > "Manage Custom POIs"
For Rand McNally, the best files from POI Factory are the CSV files that are generated from GPX files. These files exactly match what Rand McNally Dock software is expecting. Look for pages with GPX / CSV for best results.
- Loading Custom POIs onto Rand McNally Tablet Based Models
- Rand McNally - Loading POI files with the Rand McNally Dock