Black Friday 2019 GPS Deals

 

Has anybody here seen any great Black Friday or Cyber Monday GPS deals?

Best Buy has a few...

Jim1348 wrote:

Has anybody here seen any great Black Friday or Cyber Monday GPS deals?

Best Buy supposedly has a few deals. See https://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/black-friday-car-electron...

Scroll down a bit once at the site.

--
John from PA

Garmin GPS

Well, for those that still want a Garmin road navigation device, the DriveLuxe 51 refurb at $99.95 at theGPSStore.com (reported in another thread http://www.poi-factory.com/node/50208) is hard to beat.
https://www.thegpsstore.com/Garmin-DriveLuxe-51-LMT-S-with-N...

--
Alan - Android Auto, DriveLuxe 51LMT-S, DriveLuxe 50LMTHD, Nuvi 3597LMTHD, Oregon 550T, Nuvi 855, Nuvi 755T, Lowrance Endura Sierra, Bosch Nyon

61

I found a used 61 for $80 on Craigs List....

this for $180 is pretty good
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/garmin-drivesmart-65-traffic-6-...

Sounds like...

alandb wrote:

Well, for those that still want a Garmin road navigation device, the DriveLuxe 51 refurb at $99.95 at theGPSStore.com (reported in another thread http://www.poi-factory.com/node/50208) is hard to beat.
https://www.thegpsstore.com/Garmin-DriveLuxe-51-LMT-S-with-North-America-Maps-Refurbished-P5694.aspx

...a pretty good deal.

--
It is impossible to rightly govern a nation without God and the Bible. ----George Washington

Not ready..

Not ready yest for a new unit.

Drivesmart 65

For those looking for a 7" screen, the Drivesmart 65 with traffic is available on Amazon for $179:

https://www.amazon.com/Garmin-DriveSmart-Traffic-Hands-Free-...

This is a reduction from the $219 special price just 2 weeks ago and $100 off the MSRP.

7" screen

bdhsfz6 wrote:

For those looking for a 7" screen, the Drivesmart 65 with traffic is available on Amazon for $179:

https://www.amazon.com/Garmin-DriveSmart-Traffic-Hands-Free-...

This is a reduction from the $219 special price just 2 weeks ago and $100 off the MSRP.

Sounds like a great deal if you want a 7" screen. I am not sure how I could mount it in any of my vehicles tho.

--
Alan - Android Auto, DriveLuxe 51LMT-S, DriveLuxe 50LMTHD, Nuvi 3597LMTHD, Oregon 550T, Nuvi 855, Nuvi 755T, Lowrance Endura Sierra, Bosch Nyon

Can Be Difficult

alandb wrote:
bdhsfz6 wrote:

For those looking for a 7" screen, the Drivesmart 65 with traffic is available on Amazon for $179:

https://www.amazon.com/Garmin-DriveSmart-Traffic-Hands-Free-...

This is a reduction from the $219 special price just 2 weeks ago and $100 off the MSRP.

Sounds like a great deal if you want a 7" screen. I am not sure how I could mount it in any of my vehicles tho.

Garmin's 7" models do take up a considerable amount of dash space. The "G" ball suction cup mount supplied with the 65 is barely able to hold the additional weight. A better option is to get a RAM adapter and use one of the more robust RAM mounting options. I usually use a RAM friction mount in rental cars.

I think Garmin saw the light with their top of the line Overlander. It weighs a full pound and comes with a RAM mount adapter.