Can Basecamp create route from another file?

 

My Dashcam has GPS, so if I've driven a route and a program like https://dashcamviewer.com/ exports the GPS route to a file of CSV, can this be inputed into Basecamp, saved and uploaded into a Garmin DriveSmart 50LMT so that the exact route can be followed in future?

You can import it to base

You can import it to base camp as app I file. Then create a route from then. But it's not automatic . You have to do it manually

--
Frank Nuvi 3597LMT 37.322760, -79.511267

Basecamp cannot open a CSV

Basecamp cannot open a CSV file, and even if it could the file would not contain the navigation data needed to create a route. Looking at the link you provided they state the GPS data can be exported in GPX format which Basecamp can open. But I doubt the data will contain the necessary information for a route. It may create a track though, which you could then convert to a route in Basecamp.

the file formats Basecamp supports are:
GPS Exchange Format (.gpx)

Garmin® GPS Database (.gdb)

Garmin Training Center (.tcx)

GPS Location (.loc)

Garmin Custom Map (.kml or .kmz)

Photo (.jpg or .jpeg)

--
New England Riders BaseCamp Tutorial: http://www.newenglandriders.org/Learn_BaseCamp.htm

My bad. I should have

My bad. I should have checked closer. I was thinking BaseCamp could do .csv like POI does.

--
Frank Nuvi 3597LMT 37.322760, -79.511267

My bad. I should have

My bad. I should have checked closer. I was thinking BaseCamp could do .csv like POI does.

--
Frank Nuvi 3597LMT 37.322760, -79.511267

.

sbbjm wrote:

Basecamp cannot open a CSV file, and even if it could the file would not contain the navigation data needed to create a route. Looking at the link you provided they state the GPS data can be exported in GPX format which Basecamp can open. But I doubt the data will contain the necessary information for a route. It may create a track though, which you could then convert to a route in Basecamp.

the file formats Basecamp supports are:
GPS Exchange Format (.gpx)

Thanks for that info. I'll have to try it. And congrats on being COW for last week!!

Converters

Yes, it can be done, I think. I did something like that a while ago.

Do a Google serach on "CSV to GPX converters"

You should get several options. There are online sites where you upload the CSV and it returns the GPX.

Sorry I can't give you more detail since I haven't used it recently or frequently, but I'm pretty sure it can be done. I'm pretty sure it was possible.

--
GPSMAP64s, iPhone XR w/Garmin North America, Yaesu VX-8R w/GPS.

Can't EPE still do conversions?

diesel wrote:

Yes, it can be done, I think. I did something like that a while ago.

Do a Google serach on "CSV to GPX converters"

You should get several options. There are online sites where you upload the CSV and it returns the GPX.

Sorry I can't give you more detail since I haven't used it recently or frequently, but I'm pretty sure it can be done. I'm pretty sure it was possible.

--
Nuvi 2460LMT.

Which version

dbusguy wrote:

a program like https://dashcamviewer.com/ exports the GPS route to a file of CSV

Which version are you using? The free or paid version?
In the free version what do they mean by " The free version is fully functional but has a 2-movie sequential limit."

It only plays 2 movies ever? Or only movie clip 1 and 2 and NO more?

I have been using a free program "RegistratorViewer v.6.0.0.22c" but there is a glitch in it every so often.

--
Nuvi 350 long gone, Nuvi 855LMT, Nuvi 2797LMT, SmartDrive 50 LMT-HD, 3790LMT now my daughters. Using Windows 10. DashCam A108C with GPS.