Just received my new vent mount in the mail the other day. I think it’s really cool!
1. Brings the GPS unit at least a foot closer than the suction-cup mount placed on the center of the windshield.
2. Much easier to see and read the GPS screen as the distance between my eyes and the Nuvi 350 screen is now just the right distance for reading without glasses (at my age).
3. The viewing angle is perfect to see the road and see the screen at the same time.
4. The unit can easily be turned towards the passenger seat for viewing and operation.
5. Nuvi unit can be easily removed and taken with me.
6. Allows all wiring to be easily hidden as the unit is on the face of the dashboard.
7. Vastly reduces any sun glare on the viewing screen as the unit extends in some distance away from the windshield.
8. Less observable from outside for security reasons-and easily hidden by hanging a baseball hat on it.
9. No light reflection from the screen off the interior windshield at night or reflection off the GPS case (silver Nuvi 350) on the interior windshield in bright sun light.
10. Safer, as the unit is off center and not in line with body in case off accident.
11. Vent bracket securely holds the unit and allows access to SD port, On/off button, and audio-out port.
12. Seems to be quality made similar to an OEM device.
13. Puts the GPS unit out of the heat of direct sun light on the dash board and away from the defroster draft.
14. No worries of suction cup permanently sticking to the windshield or always falling off.
15. No more suction cup marks and finger print marks all over the inside of the windshield.
1. Once bracket is attached to the center vent it is not easily removed.
2. Partially blocks one of the ac/vent ducts.
3. Unit may be affected by heat/cold of air conditioning.
4. Advantages are dependent on particular vehicle vent locations.
PS: I intend to buy a second vent bracket for my second car and leave both brackets permanently attached. I have enough redundant ac/vent ducts to make up for the one that is blocked. I don’t believe the draft from the ac vent is any worse than the draft from the defroster vent. I’m lucky to have particular vehicles where the vent mounts will work perfectly (#2Toyota Rav 4s’) Jake
Which one, and from what source, price?
I have been interested in one from The Mount Guys but haven't purchased yet.
Got it on Ebay for $19.95 plus S&H $6.
In store, search vent mount Nuvi 350 or in your case c530. Jake
Thanks for sharing this info. I didn't know they made mount for the vents. I also found mount for bicycles from the site. =)
My take on vent mounts...
During the summer, awesome, keeps the GPS cool (as long as you have A/C...lol). But during the winter, I do not want Hot air constantly blowing on my GPSr
At least with my vents, they are lower, so I would have to look down to see the screen. I have mine about 1/4 inch above the dashboard in the left corner of the windshield. I still can keep an eye on the road.
Once on, hard to take off and easy to break the clip. I travel via rental cars alot and this wouldn't do. At home in my own car, it would be ok.
I am not bashing the vent mount, each to his/her own. Just my thoughts. I still like the suction cup the best. Vasaline does wonders as far as keeping it stuck as well as easy removal without leaving half of it on the windsheild.
Which mount is the best? That is like asking if Chevy or Ford is the best.
The minimum operating temperature for the Nuvi is 32°F. You do need some hot air to keep it operational here in the north east coast during winter.
Yeah, but the heat that comes out is pretty hot, at least in my car it is. But we don't live in a very cold area.
I thought about that, but counter the argument by the amount of heat that is coming in through the windshield on a hot, Texas day. I would guess that produces a higher temperature than the hot air coming from the vents in the winter.
Actually, I just ordered a vent mount and will find out. It will place my c530 in a more convenient spot that it would be on the dash. Currently have it on my windshield, just below the rear view mirror.
Let you know how it works when I receive it from The Mount Guys later this week.
That is true, it can get pretty hot in the window. During the summer, I have been directing the a/c to the vents for my windshield. There is a vent on my dash right below where my GPSr is and it keeps my GPS cool.
Jake just checked your url for ebay seller...is it the one that uses the existing cradle your garmin came with.....this is the one I'm looking at...description and url below
"Brand New for your Garmin Nuvi 200 200W 250 250W 260 270 GPS
Car Vent Swivel Mount
(Garmin doesn't make one of these but we do!)
Innovative and highly practical, our vent mount includes both the cradle and mount at an excellent price. A lot of our customers worry about security. The vent is a great location for your GPS. It keeps it within arm's reach and out of site from the bad guys.
The mount has a ball that is a custom fit for the back of the cradle that came with your Nuvi (it uses the little hole the windshield mount currently fits into). This creates a very clean mounting appearance with very easy removal."
Thanx so much....Cam
terms | privacy | contactCopyright © 2006-2022