Extra_POI_Editor not working anymore

 

As some of you have found out, EPE is not working anymore. In fact, only the maps are not working.

Reason:

This is due to the Google Maps API v2 being deprecated. Only v3 is supported from now on. All scripts must be converted using a totally different API.

Workarounds:

1- With EPE v5.37 and earlier versions, just go in the Options menu and uncheck internet access. You won't have access to the maps but you won't get the error message anymore. In theory anyway...

2- Download EPE v5.91. It has some limitations (listed below), but at least you can see the POIs on the map and grab POI coordinates.

Changes in v5.91
- Beta using the new google API v3.
- Temporary: Circles on map are no longer displayed or grabbed
- Temporary: View POIs on Map not working
- Temporary: View POIs on Route or any other maps not supported for now.

Obviously, I'll try to re-enable the missing functionalities but at least this version will let you see your POIs on the map.

Download link: (same as usual)
http://turboccc.wikispaces.com/Extra_POI_Editor#Extra_POI_Ed...

Looking Good!

Downloaded V5.90 and so far so good with testing. Thank you!

--
Nüvi 2595LMT

>

You came back just in time smile

--
DriveSmart 65 - We do not live in Igloo's and do not all ride to work on snow mobiles.

error in View>all (CTL+V)

I get a script error after Ctl+V. "'ROADMAP' is undefined"

Not supported yet

Panache wrote:

I get a script error after Ctl+V. "'ROADMAP' is undefined"

Yes. One of the temporary limitations I listed.

.

Thanks for whatever updates/work-arounds you provide. They are all appreciated!

--
nuvi 760, nuvi 765T, nuvi 855, nuvi 3790LMT, nuvi 3490LMT - SoCal area

Yes

Thank You!

--
DriveLuxe 50, 2460LMT, 680 x 2, 3597LMTHD & 765T stolen

5.90 updates

Thanks turbo, looking forward to the next update

More fixes...

I just released EPE v5.91. It is fixing the following features:

- Move marker in POI Edit map
- Grab POI coordinates in POI Edit page.

Took me 3 hours last night to do this. Oh man! I was getting a weird bug. Still working on the rest.

Windows 8.1 SmartScreen Prompt

Thank you! EPE 5.91 runs fine on Windows 8.1 Pro.
  
  
I forgot to mention last time that when a new version of EPE is run on Windows 8, there is a one-time prompt which says:

   Windows protected your PC

   Windows SmartScreen prevented an unrecognized app
   from starting. Running this app might put your PC at risk.

Reply Run anyway and the message won't appear again.

--
Nüvi 2595LMT

SmartScreen message

WAASup wrote:

Thank you! EPE 5.91 runs fine on Windows 8.1 Pro.
  
  
I forgot to mention last time that when a new version of EPE is run on Windows 8, there is a one-time prompt which says:

   Windows protected your PC

   Windows SmartScreen prevented an unrecognized app
   from starting. Running this app might put your PC at risk.

Reply Run anyway and the message won't appear again.

Good to know. Most probably Windows is freaking because EPE accesses the registry in an unknown way. I do not have Win 8. Maybe it requires my app to be registered in some ways.

Message Issued When Trying to Run EPE

SmartScreen issues the message because the EPE module has an unknown publisher. Not so easy to fix, since you would need to add a digital signature in a signed security certificate...

--
Nüvi 2595LMT

right click

Turbo, many thanks for the update!!!

Things look great! You probably already know this, but one thing that's not working is when you add a new POI and you right click on the map for more options. But dragging the pushpin around works again so everything else is gravy.

no right click menu yet!

Paul J wrote:

Turbo, many thanks for the update!!!

Things look great! You probably already know this, but one thing that's not working is when you add a new POI and you right click on the map for more options. But dragging the pushpin around works again so everything else is gravy.

Yes. Known issue.

Last night, I practiced drawing a circle on the map. Now, I need to reactivate the right click menu to call the circle function.

Great stuff

Don't stay up late again, sleep late is good.
I was just getting into it when it went south. Avast goes nuts now, even when I try to exclude EPOIE. Get it started and the little loading circle keeps spinning until I reboot. Even after I exit EPOIE. The worst thing is not being able to open the help.chm. Worked around that (I think) you may have just fixed it. LOL
Unbelievable, forgot to say thank you. Thank you and have a great thanksgiving.
Hard to find in some locals but a fresh hen (never frozen)is fantastic.

--
Nuvi 2595 LMT When you come to a fork in the road- take it. (Leo)

So Glad

I'm so glad that you are working on the fix thanks for doing that.

Open in StreetView Error with V5.91

When I try to open a POI in StreetView, a script error occurs - 'ROADMAP' is undefined. After the error, the map is displayed, and PegMan is at the POI location, but clicking does not bring up StreetView.

As a workaround, drag the PegMan from the top of the +/- slider on the left side of the map to the PegMan at the POI location.

--
Nüvi 2595LMT

Still working on this

I am still working on EPE. Right now, I can't find a way to display the right-click menu on the POI Edit map. I'm stuck. The function I was using has no equivalent in the goggle map v3. Still looking...

Thanks Turbo

We appreciate your efforts

--
1490LMT 1450LMT 295w

Still working at this...

I am not done yet. I found new ways of doing it. Not sure if this will be this week, but I should definitively have time during Xmas.

thanks

turboccc wrote:

I am not done yet. I found new ways of doing it. Not sure if this will be this week, but I should definitively have time during Xmas.

Thanks much. Does the donation link still work?

Coming soon

I think I have 2 ways of doing this. One with a javascript running on my site. I prefer the integrated version so I am digging a bit more.

@panache: yes.

msvcrt.dll error?

Did anyone experience this upon restarting a XP machine after installing Extra_POI_Editor 5.9.1? After Windows starts it comes with a message such as "ipoint.exe entry point - Cxx_FrameHandler 3 cannot be found in msvcrt.dll" and then the computer keeps showing more and more errors and become unusable. Restarting doesn't help, standard restoring doesn't help. I had to restore from a full back-up from the night before. I know ipoint.exe is Intellipoint but I have not installed or modified anything related to it for years.

I had installed three other programs at the same time so I'm not sure it came from EPE. However, it is the second time I get that same symptom and last time it was after installing EPE 5.9.1 with a few other programs (none the same as in the last cycle) with EPE.

I don't want to turn this into a Windows support discussion. I just have two questions:

1. TurboCCC, does EPE 5.9.1 fiddle in anyway with msvcrt.dll?

2. Anyone got that same problem?

I have that as well

Not sure if it was EPE or the Garmin Webupdater install that did me in. Webupdater installed .net 4.5.1 (or some such noise) and it totally bricked my PC at work to the point where I had to replace it. My home PC has had that same error as described above, and I haven't gotten rid of it as of yet. It's more of a nuisance at this point, that can be ignored.

--
Striving to make the NYC Metro area project the best.

I think so... msvcrt.dll

jale wrote:

Did anyone experience this upon restarting a XP machine after installing Extra_POI_Editor 5.9.1? After Windows starts it comes with a message such as "ipoint.exe entry point - Cxx_FrameHandler 3 cannot be found in msvcrt.dll" and then the computer keeps showing more and more errors and become unusable. Restarting doesn't help, standard restoring doesn't help. I had to restore from a full back-up from the night before. I know ipoint.exe is Intellipoint but I have not installed or modified anything related to it for years.

I had installed three other programs at the same time so I'm not sure it came from EPE. However, it is the second time I get that same symptom and last time it was after installing EPE 5.9.1 with a few other programs (none the same as in the last cycle) with EPE.

I don't want to turn this into a Windows support discussion. I just have two questions:

1. TurboCCC, does EPE 5.9.1 fiddle in anyway with msvcrt.dll?

2. Anyone got that same problem?

1. I think so wink
My best recommendation is to reinstall EPE using the installer. It would reinstall anything that is needed.

However EPE does not play with ipoint.exe

I'll try

turboccc wrote:
jale wrote:

...I don't want to turn this into a Windows support discussion. I just have two questions:

1. TurboCCC, does EPE 5.9.1 fiddle in anyway with msvcrt.dll?

2. Anyone got that same problem?

1. I think so wink
My best recommendation is to reinstall EPE using the installer. It would reinstall anything that is needed.

However EPE does not play with ipoint.exe

Thank you for your reply; I'll try immediately after my next full backup so I can restore easily. Please note the symptoms apprea much before trying to launch EPE. There are there immediately after restart. Like EPE installer "had corrupted" the msvcrt.dll file or registration.