I just purchased a new Garmin nuvi 765T to replace my retired nuvi 750.I want to pull the "favorites" off of the 750 and install them on the new 765.I copied the 750's gpx files and transferred them to the 765 but the 765 still shows nothing in the way of my 750's favorites.Did i do something wrong? thanks for your help..
go to garmin.com
type in POI LOADER
use your USB and connect your garmin
window will come up and ask where to download
you can download the LOADER to either computer or garmin
after it does that/another window will pop up and ask you what files you want to download/where they are, etc.
just go will the flow and take you time.
files will be downloaded to your garmin and you can then find them in your favorite.
After you copy "Current.gpx" from your 750 to your computer, you need to rename it to "Temp.gpx" before you copy it to your 765.
Maybe this is required to get the POIloader on your PC and load POIs from this website but it isn't required to copy "favorites" from one Nuvi to another.
All that needs to be done is to copy the Current.gpx file from the Garmin/gpx folder on the old Nuvi to your PC. Rename the file to Temp.gpx and then copy it to the Garmin/gpx folder on the new Nuvi. Turn the new Nuvi on and all your favorites will appear.
If you have a Mac, you can transfer Favorites to and from your Garmin GPS using Garmin RoadTrip.
I transfered from a 205 to 765, here are the instructions from garmin
To transfer the favorites from one nuvi to another:
1. Connect the device with the favorites to the computer.
2. Find your My Computer icon and double click on it or you may find it in you Start menu and click on it.
3. Double click on the Nuvi() drive listed under devices with removable storage.
4. Double click on the Garmin folder.
5. Double click on the gpx folder.
6. Copy the current.gpx folder to your desktop.
7. Close the folder and safely disconnect this device.
8. Connect the device you want to transfer the favorites to.
9. Find your My Computer icon and double click on it or you may find it in you Start menu and click on it.
10. Double click on the Nuvi() drive listed under devices with removable storage.
11. Double click on the Garmin folder.
12. Double click on the gpx folder.
13. Rename the current.gpx file on the nuvi to current1.gpx.
14. Copy the current.gpx folder that you saved to your desktop earlier and paste it into this folder.
15. After the new file is copied, delete the current1.gpx file.
16. Close the folder and safely disconnect this device.
Your favorites should now be listed in your second device.
NOTE: Whenever you add more favorites to your device, it is necessary to go back into the the drive, and repeat this process to update the current.gpx file on your computer.
Please reply to this email if you need further assistance.
Will mean the new unit will read the file and integrate it into any new favorites that are created. Once you cycle power on the new unit, you can delete the Temp.gpx file as the contents are now in the shadow CURRENT.GPX file that shows what is stored as favorites.
terms | privacy | contactCopyright © 2006-2023