Contributors Of The Week 2017-04-17

 

Our COW this week was nominated by a fellow POI Factory member.

This week, we’re recognizing Alandb!

Not only is he a helpful and knowledgeable forum regular, but if I’m not mistaken, today marks his 70th trip around the sun!

Happy Birthday, Alandb, and thank you for all your contributions to our community!

~Angela

Frequently Asked Questions

Other pages

Congratulations

Happy Birthday & Congratulations Alandb

Anthony

Away to go Alandb .A good

Away to go Alandb .A good selection for the COW award . Keep up the good work and Happy Birthday.

--
Charlie. Nuvi 265 WT and Nuvi 2597 LMT. Android Here WeGo - Offline Maps & GPS.

Happy Birthday and enjoy the

Happy Birthday and enjoy the COW, Alandb!

--
Frank DriveSmart55 37.322760, -79.511267

Well done

Well done, sir.

Congrats!

and Happy Birthday!

--
Garmin: GPSIII / StreetPilot / StreetPilot Color Map / StreetPilot III / StreetPilot 2610 / GPSMAP60CSx / Nuvi 770 / Nuvi 765T / Nuvi 3490LMT * Pioneer: AVIC-80 / N3 / X950BH

Brill ...

... Well deserved, alandb is active on many Garmin forums and always very helpful and knowledgeable smile

--
Where there's a will ... there's a way ... DriveSmart50LMT-D, Nuvi 2508LMT-D, 1490LMT, 1310, Montana 650T, Etrex 20

Thank You

Alandb & a very happy 70th birthday!!

Fred

Congratulations

Alan, thanks for your many contributions.

COW

Congrats enjoy the week smile

--
johnm405 660 & MSS&T

Congrats Alandb! And Happy Birthday!

Congrats Alandb! And Happy Birthday!

--
Politicians and Diapers must be changed often for the exact same reason...

Congratulations!

Keep up the Great Work!

Congratulations...Alandb!

Enjoy your week as a COW smile And Happy Birthday!

Happy 70th Birthday

Congrats on your cow award and best birthday wishes to you.
Many thanks for all the help you've given me, I sincerely appreciate it. You're like a fine wine, getting better as it ages.

--
Nuvi 2460LMT 2 Units

Congratulations And

Congrats and Happy Bday to you Alandb!

Congrats Alandb!

Thank you for your contributions, kudos on your COW award and Happy 70th Birthday! Woot! smile

hip hip, another regular I

hip hip, another regular I look forward to reading

--
. 2 Garmin DriveSmart 61 LMT-S, Nuvi 2689, 2 Nuvi 2460, Zumo 550, Zumo 450, Uniden R3 radar detector with GPS built in, includes RLC info. Uconnect 430N Garmin based, built into my Jeep. .

Happy birthday and enjoy

Happy birthday and enjoy your week.

--
All the worlds indeed a stage and we are merely players. Rush

good

Job! Keep it up.

Don't become a steak!

--
Never argue with a pig. It makes you look foolish and it anoys the hell out of the pig!

Congrats!

Congrats!

--
Hawk - Nuvi 1450

Thanks everyone!

for the kind words and the birthday wishes. I hope to keep my feet on the green side of the turf for a few more years ... still don't know how Angela figured out it was my birthday question

--
Alan - Android Auto, DriveLuxe 51LMT-S, DriveLuxe 50LMTHD, Nuvi 3597LMTHD, Oregon 550T, Nuvi 855, Nuvi 755T, Lowrance Endura Sierra, Bosch Nyon

Congratulations Alandb!

Happy Birthday Alandd and many more.

--
nüvi 3590LMT "always backup your files"

KUDOS! Alandb

So many things to celebrate... B'Day, COW! How do you find the time? Great big CONGRATULATIONS!

Congratulations Alandb

Happy belated birthday Alandb and thank you for your contributions to poi-factory.

keep up the good work.

Who says the grass is greener on the other side? Bunk.

--
You can walk a horse to water, but a pencil has to be led.

Microsoft told me...

alandb wrote:

for the kind words and the birthday wishes. I hope to keep my feet on the green side of the turf for a few more years ... still don't know how Angela figured out it was my birthday question

JK!

I was reminded of the Chit Chat thread of March 27th, 2017 “ I am an April fool ... April 24 to be exact and turning 70. Geez ... how did I get to be an old fart? Oh well, just glad my heels still step on the green side.”

grin

~Angela

Careful what you say

LOL! I don't even remember writing that! That'll teach me.

--
Alan - Android Auto, DriveLuxe 51LMT-S, DriveLuxe 50LMTHD, Nuvi 3597LMTHD, Oregon 550T, Nuvi 855, Nuvi 755T, Lowrance Endura Sierra, Bosch Nyon

Well ...

It comes with age Alan smile

--
Where there's a will ... there's a way ... DriveSmart50LMT-D, Nuvi 2508LMT-D, 1490LMT, 1310, Montana 650T, Etrex 20

Congratulations Alandb

Happy birthday and enjoy your COW!

--
DriveAssist 50 (stolen), Nüvi 2595LMT

Congrats

Congratulations and happy Birthday Alandb.

--
nuvi 2460LMT

Congrats, Alandb!

A prime example of the ultimate COW!

Well done old friend...and Happy Birthday!

--
nuvi 760, nuvi 765T, nuvi 855, nuvi 3790LMT, nuvi 3490LMT - SoCal area

Well deserved

grin

Congratulations Alan

& wishing you my friend a very very Happy 70th smile

--
Nüvi 255WT with nüMaps Lifetime North America born on 602117815 / Nüvi 3597LMTHD born on 805972514 / I love Friday’s except when I’m on holidays ~ canuk

Congratulations

Enjoy your week as COW!!

--
(formerly known as condump) RV 770 LMT-S, Nuvi2797LMT, Nuvi765T

Wow...70

I saw that Alandb turned 70, then I read that Angela just turned 70.
Happy birthdays... that is a lot of years! smile

And Congratulations to Alandb for being a COW.

When I first saw 70 times around the sun I thought, wow that is old. But after a few seconds I remembered I have been one more time around the sun than the two of you. So, maybe you two aren't that old... smile

--
Mary, Nuvi 2450, Garmin Viago, Honda Navigation, Nuvi 750 (gave to son)

Happy 70th to Alandb and Angela

GlobeTurtle wrote:
alandb wrote:

for the kind words and the birthday wishes. I hope to keep my feet on the green side of the turf for a few more years ... still don't know how Angela figured out it was my birthday question

JK!

I was reminded of the Chit Chat thread of March 27th, 2017 “ I am an April fool ... April 24 to be exact and turning 70. Geez ... how did I get to be an old fart? Oh well, just glad my heels still step on the green side.”

grin

~Angela

--
Mary, Nuvi 2450, Garmin Viago, Honda Navigation, Nuvi 750 (gave to son)

LOL

mgarledge wrote:
GlobeTurtle wrote:
alandb wrote:

for the kind words and the birthday wishes. I hope to keep my feet on the green side of the turf for a few more years ... still don't know how Angela figured out it was my birthday question

JK!

I was reminded of the Chit Chat thread of March 27th, 2017 “ I am an April fool ... April 24 to be exact and turning 70. Geez ... how did I get to be an old fart? Oh well, just glad my heels still step on the green side.”

grin

~Angela

Mary,

I'm not quite 70... yet.
I was "quoting" Alandb writing about his impending birthday in the ChitChat thread last month.

I just ACT like I'm 70.

I grumble at people driving too fast in my neighborhood, I TiVo Antiques Roadshow, and my primary hobby is baking/cookie decorating.

Actually, I just got my first pair of progressive bifocals last weekend. I'm a bit cranky from wandering around the house bumping into things while getting used to them. I've also been doing more yoga, so now I'm finding muscles I didn't even know existed hurt.
Perhaps I am 70... wink

~Angela

Congratulations!

Well-done, Alandb! Keep up the good work!

So Sorry :) Hope I made you laugh

GlobeTurtle wrote:
mgarledge wrote:
GlobeTurtle wrote:
alandb wrote:

for the kind words and the birthday wishes. I hope to keep my feet on the green side of the turf for a few more years ... still don't know how Angela figured out it was my birthday question

JK!

I was reminded of the Chit Chat thread of March 27th, 2017 “ I am an April fool ... April 24 to be exact and turning 70. Geez ... how did I get to be an old fart? Oh well, just glad my heels still step on the green side.”

grin

~Angela

Mary,

I'm not quite 70... yet.
I was "quoting" Alandb writing about his impending birthday in the ChitChat thread last month.

I just ACT like I'm 70.

I grumble at people driving too fast in my neighborhood, I TiVo Antiques Roadshow, and my primary hobby is baking/cookie decorating.

Actually, I just got my first pair of progressive bifocals last weekend. I'm a bit cranky from wandering around the house bumping into things while getting used to them. I've also been doing more yoga, so now I'm finding muscles I didn't even know existed hurt.
Perhaps I am 70... wink

~Angela

I have so little time at my computer now with the temporary addition to the family that I tend to read a little faster than I should.
I did laugh out loud when you said I'm not 70 ....yet...

I did a take when I read that your were 70 (by mistake). I thought ether you are using a very old photo or you have a very good plastic surgeon.
Sorry for the mistake but enjoyed your reply.
Mary

--
Mary, Nuvi 2450, Garmin Viago, Honda Navigation, Nuvi 750 (gave to son)

A tip

GlobeTurtle wrote:

Actually, I just got my first pair of progressive bifocals last weekend. I'm a bit cranky from wandering around the house bumping into things while getting used to them.

~Angela

Take this from someone who knows. Be very careful these first few weeks with progressives when you're on stairs. It's very easy to think you're at the bottom when in fact, there's one more step to go. A great way to twist an ankle...or worse. Don't ask me how I know this. rolleyes

I Won't Ask, I think I know The Answer

CraigW wrote:
GlobeTurtle wrote:

Actually, I just got my first pair of progressive bifocals last weekend. I'm a bit cranky from wandering around the house bumping into things while getting used to them.

~Angela

Take this from someone who knows. Be very careful these first few weeks with progressives when you're on stairs. It's very easy to think you're at the bottom when in fact, there's one more step to go. A great way to twist an ankle...or worse. Don't ask me how I know this. rolleyes

muell9k Wrote:
Good advise for Angela, maybe they need to small decal on the glasses showing "Objects Closer Than They Appear" like on our car mirrors.
wink

--
Nuvi 2460LMT 2 Units

Congratulations!

Congrat's Alandb. Thanks for all your contributions. I hope you enjoyed your well deserved week in the pasture.

Welcome to the club!

I made the big 70 a couple of months back.
A personal thank you for all you've done here over the years!

Enjoy both your birthday and your C.O.W. !!

Congratulations

Keep up the good work!