Black Friday/ Cyber Monday/ Holiday Deals (2016)

 

Thanksgiving and Black Friday are this week, so it's high time we get the yearly deals thread started for the holiday season!

Any great deals you find interesting and want to share are fair game. It's okay to go beyond GPS and to chat about items you hope to find.

~Angela

Sewing machine

Looking for great deals on a sewing machine under $150.
Granddaughter is taking after me and wants to learn to sew. She is 10 and loves to sew by hand. I want to teach her to take care of a machine and enjoy using one. The children's sewing machines are not worth buying. Hopefully I can find one with most convenience so she will enjoy it. I hope cyber Monday has something great.

--
Mary, Nuvi 2450, Garmin Viago, Honda Navigation, Nuvi 750 (gave to son)

Not Me

I have yet to shop on "Black Friday. To me it is a waste of time for to get all the deals I would have to drive from one store to another hoping to get the deal while wasting time and gas.
My Friday will be spent in front of a TV watching Basketball and Football while drinking beer or wine later.
My concern will be "can I make it to bed without my wifes help?"

Try Target

My wife who has sewn over 150 quilts says that a good starter machine could be bought at Target. If she likes it then one can improve to other machines in comming years. The job here as she told me is to not overwhelm her.

Looking

I am looking to upgrade to a 4K UHD monitor or TV this holiday sale

TV article.

banglazed wrote:

I am looking to upgrade to a 4K UHD monitor or TV this holiday sale

If you want to take some time and read up on the TVs.. take a look at this.

https://www.cnet.com/topics/tvs/best-tvs/#ftag=CAD-04-10aac3...

--
Jerry...Jacksonville,Fl Nüvi1450,Nuvi650,Nuvi 2495 and Mapsource.

Try This Link:

As reported in an earlier post:

http://www.poi-factory.com/node/46749

some good GPS deals are available here:

https://www.theblackfriday.com/black-friday-gps-deals.shtml

Thanks to your wife

kurzemnieks wrote:

My wife who has sewn over 150 quilts says that a good starter machine could be bought at Target. If she likes it then one can improve to other machines in comming years. The job here as she told me is to not overwhelm her.

Tell your wife thanks.
Mary

--
Mary, Nuvi 2450, Garmin Viago, Honda Navigation, Nuvi 750 (gave to son)

Check this out.. Only today (11/23/2016)

mgarledge wrote:

Looking for great deals on a sewing machine under $150.
Granddaughter is taking after me and wants to learn to sew. She is 10 and loves to sew by hand. I want to teach her to take care of a machine and enjoy using one. The children's sewing machines are not worth buying. Hopefully I can find one with most convenience so she will enjoy it. I hope cyber Monday has something great.

check this out at Woot!

http://www.woot.com/category/home?ref=w_gh_hm_2

--
Bobkz - Garmin Nuvi 3597LMTHD/2455LMT/C530/C580- "Pain Is Fear Leaving The Body - Semper Fidelis"

Samsung 55" 4k TV

banglazed wrote:

I am looking to upgrade to a 4K UHD monitor or TV this holiday sale

I don't know what size your looking for but I am considering a 55" Samsung 4K LED - 2160p - Smart - 4K Ultra HD the model # is
UN55KU6290FXZA.

I see it for $550.00 at Best Buy on sale, but I can buy it for $500.00 at a local Brick & Mortar store cheaper.
Since Best Buy advertised "Price Match Guarantee" they should honor the $500.00 amount.

Best Buy 55" (550.00)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung-55-class-54-6-diag--led-...

Here are some Samsung other various sizes models available:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/clp/samsung-tv-sale/pcmcat748300...

PC Richard & Son 55" ($500.00)
http://www.pcrichard.com/Samsung/Samsung-55inch-Class-Slim-4...

--
Nuvi 2460LMT 2 Units

Thanks,

bobkz wrote:
mgarledge wrote:

Looking for great deals on a sewing machine under $150.
Granddaughter is taking after me and wants to learn to sew. She is 10 and loves to sew by hand. I want to teach her to take care of a machine and enjoy using one. The children's sewing machines are not worth buying. Hopefully I can find one with most convenience so she will enjoy it. I hope cyber Monday has something great.

check this out at Woot!

http://www.woot.com/category/home?ref=w_gh_hm_2

That looks like a nice one and for the right price. Thanks

--
Mary, Nuvi 2450, Garmin Viago, Honda Navigation, Nuvi 750 (gave to son)

Amazon, newegg

I love Amazon due to it's free shipping for prime members.

Black Friday in Canada

Black Friday doesn't really exist in Canada - we don't get Friday off, so not a lot of people are camping out overnight up here for "door crasher specials". But many Canadian retailers are offering deep discounts anyway - online!

So we get some good buys without the madhouse lineups. Of course, when the loonie is under 75 cents US, the discount isn't quite THAT deep.

http://business.financialpost.com/news/retail-marketing/insi...

Spectator sport

When all my gift giving required shipping, my Black Friday tradition was to visit a local UPS store.

Now it's almost fun to drive by stores and see just how bad/busy/congested/"are you bleeding nuts???!!!" things can get.

--
nüvi 750 & 760

Garmin nuvi 2597LMT $119

Thanks for the link Happy

Thanks for the link
Happy Thanksgiving to all

--
NickJr Nuvi 3597LMT

If anyone is thinking about

If anyone is thinking about going 4K for a new HDTV, consider also looking for HDR support.

Mgarledge, If you

haven't bought that sewing machine, you might want to look at
www.spoofee.com today. They have a Singer 4423 Heavy Duty Extra-High Sewing Speed Machine for $96.49 Shipped. It will probably be good for today only, as they change daily.

--
"Advice to children crossing the street: Damn the lights. Watch the cars. The lights ain't never killed nobody." - Moms Mabley Garmin StreetPilot C330, Garmin NUVI 765T, Garmin DriveSmart 60LMT

I can wait until they start raising interest rates...

mid December. (BTW: I do my serious shopping before the 3rd week of August & 3rd week of January) wink

Bored already...

...and it's only November. So, I thought I'd try to build a Windows 10 Home Server. I've got half a dozen PC's (some moderately high-end) and a 27" Imac. So I thought I'd build a Windows 10 Home Server using an e-book. We Got Served has their manual on sale for less than 7 pounds. I'll put the manual on the iMac and beside it I'll put a PC. Read a paragraph, follow it up with the instruction on the PC. It's a long winter.

Has anyone turned a PC into a Home Server PC? I have the iMac Time Machine. Should I be wasting my time doing something else and just use Time Machine?
What good projects could I try from the iMac? I'm new to iMac and would like to gradually migrate everything over to the iMac.
Tinker with Parallels?
TIA
Peter

--
If at first you don't succeed....redefine success

Thanks but I ordered a Brothers

alleghany wrote:

haven't bought that sewing machine, you might want to look at
www.spoofee.com today. They have a Singer 4423 Heavy Duty Extra-High Sewing Speed Machine for $96.49 Shipped. It will probably be good for today only, as they change daily.

Thanks

I did look at that model. That price from your site was a good price but I ordered this from Amazon:

"Brother XR3774 Full-Featured Sewing and Quilting Machine with 37 Stitches, 8 Sewing Feet, Wide Table, and Instructional DVD"

yesterday for $86.00. Today it is $98.00. Don't know what it will be tomorrow but I didn't want to take the chance of it selling out.
I think the DVD will be a great add on for her AND her mother smile

Thanks for everyone's help. I was looking for one with more features but after the advice from here from the "wife" about not overwhelming her I looked for a more simple one. I think this one will be great for her.

Thanks again EVERYONE!
Mary

--
Mary, Nuvi 2450, Garmin Viago, Honda Navigation, Nuvi 750 (gave to son)

Garmin Cyber Days Ends 11/28

Finally...

Finally got a deep fryer. Love it.

Get a NAS instead

virtually lost wrote:

Has anyone turned a PC into a Home Server PC?

Running a PC (desktop based) home server really runs up the electric bill in the long run. And sitting aside just that, you are limited in what you can do with just running Win 10 on a spare PC. Scale-ability is a problem also.

I have a Synology DS-1813+ NAS (on a small UPS (always do this)) that is on my home LAN that handles PC file sharing, backups and music streaming to my tablets and phones too. Also my ripped, Blu-Ray/DVD collection is served to Nvidia Shield TV devices in the living room and den and kids room. And I'm not using it NEARLY to it's full potential.

There are other consumer NAS products out there, Drobo, QNAS, Western Digital but they can't touch the Disk Station Manager software made by Synology. So easy to maintain.

Depending on what you have in mind what you want to do in the long run you could start with a 4 bay and go from there.

--
nüvi 3590LMT / ecoRouteHD

Thank You...

This link was very helpful.

--
RKF (Bethesda, MD) Garmin Nuvi 660, 360 & Street Pilot