This applies to my Garmin Nuvi 680, but I put it here, because it is actually a more general issue that applies to removable drives or devices in general.
I was having trouble using my Nuvi at work. It seems Windows was assigning it to an already used (by our network) drive letter. So no access to the Nuvi for anything.
I found this solution, and mapped the nuvi and the sd card to drive letters not in use (Q: and R:) and now everything is fine.
Hopefully someone else encountering similar problems will find this thread, and they'll benefit.
I have used it many, many times for things completely unrelated to my nuvi.
I would recommend that others bookmark it.
Very handy for help with a problem, or browsing and opening your eyes to new capabilities, shortcuts, workarounds and utilities, that make using your PC much easier and more fun.
terms | privacy | contactCopyright © 2006-2020